Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

“God Called Him A Fool” - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “God Called Him A Fool” (244 Views)

Leke Adeboye: If You Voted For APC In Osun You Are A Fool - Pastor Adeboye's Son / Daddy Freeze Tackles Pastor Funke Adejuwon For Calling Him A 'Fool, Idiot' / What Is The Name Of God Called In Our Local Languages In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“God Called Him A Fool” by pemisire017(m): 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
When God calls a man a fool, it simply means he is actually a fool. I wonder what God calls me. What is God’s assessment of my life and you? What does God call you? People may call us many different name, they may call us an expert, a very serious businessman, a man who knows how to plan and executive. But what does God call us? It is worth looking at what made God called this man a fool, because it was a certain man and it could be you or I.

“And he told them a parable, saying “The land of a rich man brought forth plentifully; and he thought to himself, ‘what shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?’ And he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns, and build larger ones; and there I will store my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; take your ease, eat, drink, be merry.’ But God said to him, ‘FOOL! This night your soul is required of you; and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’-------Luke 12:16-20

It appears to me as if as at the end of a man’s deep thought and consultation with himself, his conclusion and choice of action to be carried out usually determines what name he acquired for himself before God. Taking a deep thought and making consultations are not bad, but the question is “with whom are you consulting”.

Men who have gone ahead of us and have been successful in their pilgrim journey without making a shipwreck of it, were men whose first port of call was always God. They were men whose hearts and whose lips you will always find the question “Lord what will you have me do?” They understood the danger and risk involve in thinking, deciding and executing your thoughts all by yourself.

Their reasons were because God’s counsel to all his children as touching any matter, great or small is “ Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your insight. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”-------------Proverbs 3:5-6

What do we do today, like the man in the parable we also think within ourselves – “And he thought within himself……….” Even when we ask questions, it is ourselves that we asked. What shall I do? “We analyzed our situations checking what are available and what are not, what we need and what we need not and discovered all by ourselves that our problem is because I have no room to bestow fruits”. At this point, there’s no way our conclusion will not be “This is what I will do!” and the utterance from heaven, if anyone cares to find out is nothing but “Thou fool”.

If we were to assess that man according to his status among his colleague, class mates, peer group or competitors, what would we have called him? We would have called him a genius, an economic genius. But God called him a fool. What does God calls me?!
Perhaps you have a wonderful reputation, people introduce you as professor so and so and then list out all achievements and that is actually all you spent your life doing. You spend all your life in the laboratory, just to be called a professor; but outside the laboratory your life means nothing. What does God called you, prof? God call that man a fool. Will he say concerning you……………, “Look at this fool I lent him sixty {60} years, he spent fifty-nine {59} of it pursing paper, ordinary paper qualification and pursing fame with men, but he has no record with me, what a fool!
I gave this man intelligence, he has never sat down one day ask “God, what do I do with the ground of my intelligence that has brought forth plentifully” rather he sat down to plan to posses tomorrow that may never be his”.

Sister, what thought is going on in your heart now? Brother, what conclusion are you about to make? You are at the critical junction of marriage. the ground of your intelligence has landed you with what men interpret as a bright future or maybe the ground of beauty, prosperity background or academic achievement has brought forth many suitors clamoring all round you and there are so many marriage proposals that you are presently sorting out within yourself. What and who is guiding the conclusion that you have or are almost arriving at? Under whose counsel are you zeroing in on that brother or sister as the right partner for your Christian journey here on earth? Who told you that, that is the will of God for your life? What will God call you by the reason of that choice?

Maybe for you, you are concluding on calling a quit to your marriage because you think {within yourself} you have tried all you and it doesn’t seem as if it can ever work. On what strength are you standing to conclude and are ready to implement your decision? Hope it is not because of what the ground of your life seem to have brought forth. Hope it is not what you have laid up for many years that is making you to think and conclude within yourself that you can do without this man or this woman; after all, what is he or she contributing to my life, you said. If any of us is still in the process of thinking or that of implementing your decision and rather begin to consult with God in case you are almost earning for yourself the status of a fool before God? Don’t mind who may be advising you and encouraging you to go on. Even if that person is yourself; you will still end up as a fool before God in whose assessment our thoughts, decisions and conclusions matter so much.

Much more you will bring yourself a curse because Jeremiah 17:5---- “Thus says the Lord: Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his arm, whose heart turns away from the Lord.”

Whatever you do after reading this decides what God will call you!!!

PRODUCT OF HIS GRACE

Babatunde Joseph, AKEJU
herkeju208@gmail.com
Re: “God Called Him A Fool” by orunto27: 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
BORN AGAIN ARE SUCCESSES NOT FAILURES. AND SO BORN AGAIN ARE WISE NOT FOOLS IN THE RECORDS OF GOD AND CHRIST JESUS.

(1) (Reply)

How To Activate The Ministry Of Angels. / Prophecy Review: List Of 2020 Fulfilled Prophecies / We Are All Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.