Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

The Meaning Of Afrian Tribal And Place Names - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Meaning Of Afrian Tribal And Place Names (718 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shows Off Newborn Baby’s Tribal Marks / Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Meaning Of Afrian Tribal And Place Names by computergenius(m): 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2020
Isankiri is the oldest form of the Egyptian language. Isankiri was the language of the Amorites and Edomites and Jebusites that founded Egypt and Babylon and Jerusalem. Later Isankiri evolved to Aramaic. The Phoenicians adopted Isankiri and Aramaic as their language of trade. Phoenician means 'fun eni isan' which means the language of the persons of Egypt. Phoenician traders took the language every where they went. As a result Isankiri became an international language. Isankiri spread to India in Asia and Europe. Sanskrit is the dialect of Isankiri spoken in India. Isankiri place names are found all over Africa, Europe and Asia. Examples are:
Latinus : Lati'nu-orsa : from the sea, Aquitaine : Aku-ite-ine : rats nesting in the ground.
Tyre: Your own
The Egyptian settlements in Nigeria are Amwhori, Edomi, IJebusi, Tsekiri, Isoko and Isan. These settlements together are called Yoruba. The Nubian settlements in Nigeria are imo-abia (moab), Kwuchi, Kwa, Idoma (Idumae). These settlements together are called Igbo.
Re: The Meaning Of Afrian Tribal And Place Names by illicit(m): 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2020
Balderdash
Re: The Meaning Of Afrian Tribal And Place Names by computergenius(m): 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
MEANING OF THE NAMES OF AFRICAN TRIBES AND PLACES
Egyptia : Eji'bitia : You stole our place.
Yoruba : Yarubaal : Children of the Lord.
Isankiri : Isan Kiri : Egyptian Nomads.
Is'oko : Isan Oko : Egyptian farmers.
Urobo : Euro Igbo : Forest people.
Tsekiri : Isankiri : Egyptian nomad.
Ijaw : Ijor : Assembly.
Edom : Edo mi: My Domain.
Igbo : Igbominna : My relatives in the forest.
Ibibio : Ibi Igbo : Forest Place.
Calabar : Kalabarija : That we will survive if we face battle.
K'igala : Kigalagadi : for greaterprosperity and fortune.
Ijebusites : Ije ibu si ti eran : The feeding at the stream of sheep.
Amorites : Amwori : We knowers and seers.
Carthage : Kwatajere : Kwa trades for profit.
Akwa Ibom : Akwa Igbo : We kwa in the forest.
KwaZulu : Kwa si ulu : Came to city.
KwaXorsa : Kwa si orsa : Came to sea.
Tswana : Kutshiana : Relatives of kush.
Khartoun : Kwataohun: Kwa sells things.
Ethiopia : Eithiobia : these that came here.
Abyssinia : Abisinia : We are those born here.
Nubia : Enubia : You lost came here
Re: The Meaning Of Afrian Tribal And Place Names by SLAP44: 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
Is your head paining you?

2 Likes

Re: The Meaning Of Afrian Tribal And Place Names by Sammygist: 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2020
Re: The Meaning Of Afrian Tribal And Place Names by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
Igbo : Igbominna : My relatives in the forest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of Afrian Tribal And Place Names by Chimaraymond455: 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
Since nairaland have turn to joke nobody takes it serious anymore, please admin of nairaland please do something, nairaland is now full of childish and senseless amateurs, it's not longer interested..
Re: The Meaning Of Afrian Tribal And Place Names by BlowYourMind: 8:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
This crime tribe of scammers and swindlers will not cease to amaze me with their stupidity, their stupidity is congenital, passed from their forefathers.
Re: The Meaning Of Afrian Tribal And Place Names by IgboPikin: 1:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
Igbo : Igbominna : My relatives in the forest

Anything the matter?
Re: The Meaning Of Afrian Tribal And Place Names by Bitrusisa(m): 5:51pm On Mar 04
THE OF NAME PLACES IN JOS SOUTH:
DURA, KWANG, HASKE CUTTAS, LAMINGO, BRITISH, TINA,ANGWAN RUKUBA. ANGWAN KATAKO

(1) (Reply)

Australian Shepherd Culture / Carnival And Music Festival Weekend In England / Please Translate This For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.