Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

10 Facebook App Settings You Should Change Right Now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Facebook App Settings You Should Change Right Now (1273 Views)

Facebook Reels Not Showing For You? How To Make Reels Work In The Facebook App / 24 Hidden Android Settings You Should Know About / 8 Android Settings You Should Change Right Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Facebook App Settings You Should Change Right Now by Smartdepotng: 11:42pm On Jun 06, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHlxCvJHkmY

Incase you are wondering why your limited data plan is finishing quickly in the lock down, Facebook says hi but beyond that, this short video will also open your eyes to see lots of privacy/ads settings to change which are turned on by default once you log into Facebook App.

If you don't want to see the video (which shows it step by step) then we've got you covered below as we summarized it below.

Well, if You log into the Facebook App (in this case Android App) here are my top 10 settings that you should Change and my reason for telling you to change it.
#1 SAVE YOUR LOGIN INFO (ON THIS DEVICE)
DON'T DO IT at least for security reasons. If you log out of the device, your login info still remains there if you didn't wipe Facebook app data and that could lead to a security breach.

#2 TURN OFF LOCATION.
Facebook uses your location for mainly ads and other kind of profiling so, always turn it off. That doesn't mean that Facebook won't know your location but at least they'll have to do a little more work to Get it (as I'll show later)

#3 TURN OFF START VIDEO IN TIMELINE WITH SOUND FROM SETTINGS
Anyway, this mainly serves Facebook interest were ads that pop up on timeline plays Automatically. At least, give yourself the chance of being the one to click on an ad because the title is catchy or the thumbnail interesting.

#4 TURN ON OPEN LINKS EXTERNALLY.
You should be the one to choose which browser opens URLS from inside Facebook App. If not, Facebook will automatically track your browsing history, activities and behaviors

#5 CLEAR YOUR BROWSING HISTORY
Since you have turned on open links externally, it is important that you also clear any browsing history left on Facebook.

#6 AUTO PLAY VIDEOS ON MOBILE DATA AND WIFI
May not be bad if you are on unlimited data plan but come on, on mobile data too? by default? Not a good news if you are on limited data. Moreso, this dumps a lot of data on app cache.

#7 & #8 ADS PREFERENCES
Ads Preferences setting is interesting because it has a lot of settings on by default that makes you want to wonder why they are on by default. There are two major parts I looked at here - Your information and Ads settings you just have to turn everything off.

#9 OFF-FACEBOOK ACTIVITIES - TURN IT OFF!
This one is so deep we made a YouTube video for it you just have to turn it off.

#10 Privacy settings.
There are loads of settings in the privacy settings that you need to change by default. You really need this one...

3 Likes

Re: 10 Facebook App Settings You Should Change Right Now by micfoley: 12:48am On Jun 07, 2020
Thamks, this is actually helpful

1 Like

Re: 10 Facebook App Settings You Should Change Right Now by Intrepid01(m): 9:55am On Jun 07, 2020
I'll come back to this, thanks.
Re: 10 Facebook App Settings You Should Change Right Now by Mohbola(f): 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

/ 1month+ Old Oppo A54 For Sell / I Need Phone With Powerful Network Signal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.