Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,800 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Help Me! Lady Cries As She Seeks N1m To Safe 'Self' From Paralysis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Me! Lady Cries As She Seeks N1m To Safe 'Self' From Paralysis (200 Views)

Lady Who Did 'Natural Pink Lips' Procedure Cries As Her Lip Enlarges (Pix,Video) / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Me! Lady Cries As She Seeks N1m To Safe 'Self' From Paralysis by Gemid94(m): 12:05am On Jun 07, 2020
THIRTY-ONE-YEAR-OLD Rasaq Sherifat Folashade is partially paralysed. While her head, neck, brain, eyes, nose, mouth, tongue, and breathing are active, her arms, legs among other body systems have lost total function. Her mother who has been the only source of support since she lost her father last year (2019) due to the illness is desperately seeking help to raise money for a crucial surgery that would save her from going completely paralysed.

Folashade who was diagnosed of chronic typhoid and paralysis, requires N1 million to enable her dormant parts of the body become active.

Her mother, Rasaq Fatima, who hails from Osun State, told Vanguard about her daughter's ordeal, calling for help from well meaning Nigerians.

She said the problem started on October 18 2017, two years after her daughter graduated from The Polytechnic, Ibadan. According to her, Folashade (daughter) woke up to find one of her legs paralysed. Months later, she could not eat, bath or do anything with her arms and legs due to taking her from one place to another in quest for solution.

“We had to take her (Folashade) to Trauma Medical Centre, Ondo where she was diagnosed of having partial paralysis and admitted for some days before leaving there due to financial constraints that held us back.

“It was from there that we were referred to Federal Medical Centre, Owo to seek further medical treatments.

“We were told by the hospital that it would cost a minimum of N1 million to get her to normalcy. I am old while my husband is late. All our earnings and life savings went into her medical treatment. She (Folashade) had to dispose her shop where she sells provision to foot some of the medical bills but all to no avail," she said.

Fatima said her husband's family refused them access to the latter's (late Rasaq) properties, which makes things more difficult as they spend huge sums of money on drugs ever since.

She appealed to well-meaning Nigerians to come to the aid of the family and help save Folashade from losing her body system and her life, especially as the situation is making her blood pressure to be on the high side.

A breakdown of the cost as provided in a letter from Federal Medical Centre, showed that approximately N1 million is required for the treatment and other incidental expenses.

Donations to save Folashade’s health condition can be paid into GTB Account No. 0034233857, Account Name: Rasaq Sherifat Folashade. For more details, call 08034742292.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/lady-31-seeks-n1m-to-safe-self-from-paralysis

Re: Help Me! Lady Cries As She Seeks N1m To Safe 'Self' From Paralysis by Kobojunkie: 5:42am On Jun 07, 2020
Diagnosed with Paralysis? Please what does that mean? It is a condition, not a diagnosis. Did she have a stroke? Or what?

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify Bed Bugs And Also Get Rid Of It / This Will Help You Stay Healthy And Boost Your Immune System / Natural Techniques To End Your Premature Ejaculation And ED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.