|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,690,869 members, 6,339,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 June 2021 at 08:29 AM
|11 Reasons Why We Need Restructuring by engrsyer(m): 11:02am On Jun 07, 2020|
POSITIVE THINGS RESTRUCTURING NIGERIA WILL BRING! - FOREIGN DIPLOMAT REVEALS
If Nigeria restructured into provinces -
1) Northern Province
2) Middle Belt Province
3) Western (Oduduwa)Province
4) Eastern (Biafra)Province
5) Niger Delta Province (Atlantic)
Then Central Government at FCT.
10 positive things that would happen within 5 years
(primarily due to inter-province competition)
1. The first province to experience economic explosion would obviously be the Western Province. The Oduduwua Master plan will be revealed. There would be trans-regional 4g internet fiber connection/rail/subways/highways/power grids etc. Yoruba will become the 2nd official language. They are relatively united. They have oil.
They own academia. They have mega corporations. The WP would be the first to have stable 24/7 power supply! Foreign money will flood the province. More Forbes recognized billionaires will arise. Some of them will be internet billionaires. Lagos will be relieved a little from overpopulation as railway lines from other states will make living elsewhere and working in Lagos a breeze.
2. The Northern Province will have stronger islamic laws. Sharia will be entrenched and this will make the NP become the least corrupt province. The middle east (Arab) nations will move in to partner with them, bringing major development. Jaiz bank and Unity Bank will become mega banks. Arabic and Hausa will compete with English for dominance in schools. This province will generate more solar power than any other province. After the west, this province will be the 2nd to have 24/7 electricity. They will start exporting food as a major revenue generator.
3. The Middle Belt Province will have a development conference. Focus will be given to solid minerals development/
exports, tourism development and food production/exports. This will become a food hub in West Africa. They will export more food than any other province. Mega mining and food corporations will arise. This province will have foreign inflows through tourism development greater than any other province. It will host the most beautiful places to live in Nigeria.
4. The Eastern Province will transform into the Auto Industry Hub or manufacturing of goods in Africa. Indigenous manufacturing of vehicles that will start competing with foreign vehicles will commence in earnest. This will grow to manufacturing of airplanes, helicopters, tractors, cranes, heavy duty construction equipment etc. Forbes recognised billionaires living in Anambra will arise.It will bring out the creativity of an Igbo man etc.
The Biafra agitation will fizzle out since formation of the EP will be seen as a Biafra success in another form. There would be so much development that villages (as we currently know them) will quickly cease to exist. This province will be the first to semi-urbanize all their rural areas as all the Igbos living abroad will rush back to take advantage of the changes.
5. The Atlantic Province will take the Uyo blueprint and run with it. An abundance of oil wealth and opening up of major sea ports at Rivers and Uyo will enable this region to revamp their infrastructure quickly. There will be more monorails here than anywhere else. This will be the 3rd province to achieve 24/7 electricity generation in Nigeria (mainly from gas turbine technology).
6. With provincial indigenous security forces in control, kidnapping, Armed robbery, Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen and the Niger delta militancy attacks will all fizzle out. Nigeria will become the most secure and peaceful African nation; thus attracting more foreign investors.
7. Each Province will have their own airline professionally managed including security. And with better roads/rail, air and land transport costs will crash.
8. With the rapid development occurring all over, Nigerias GDP will shoot up. Obtaining visas to travel out will become easy as more people will want to come in than go out. A worldwide immigration into Nigeria will commence, as Nigerians living abroad will be struggling with foreigners to enter the country. ''Nigeria will become the most desirable Nation to live in".
9. The central government at the FCT will become smaller and less powerful. There will be a mini-exodus from Abuja to the provinces as the action is now elsewhere. The outskirts of Abuja will no longer be heavily overpopulated. Abuja will become awesome again.
10. The 10th positive thing that would quickly happen is CORRUPTION will die a natural death.
11. You can add yours
|Re: 11 Reasons Why We Need Restructuring by flyingpig: 11:10am On Jun 07, 2020|
I am strongly convinced that regional style of governance is the only way out of our hydra-headed problems.
You can tell me that corrupt men will still abound, but regional ethnic passion, upliftments and love will defeat corruption.
However, we know that the North won't let this God damn country be restructured.
|Re: 11 Reasons Why We Need Restructuring by Tranquillity360: 11:34am On Jun 07, 2020|
Is already late.
Division is the ultimate now.
|Re: 11 Reasons Why We Need Restructuring by Primesky(m): 11:52am On Jun 07, 2020|
Very good summation.
Before the advent of the military government which brought the unitary system of government into place with a faulty Constitution forced on us, we hard the regional setup, which worked very well then. Agriculture was the mainstay of our economy, and so much was accomplished.
We have returned to democracy, yet the prevailing system of government then is not restored, why?. These are the questions we should be asking, why jettison something that was working for a faulty system?.
Nigeria can achieve so much if the regions with similar culture and tradition are allowed to band together. A healthy competition will ensure even distribution of development across the nation.
We must all support restructuring now!.
|Re: 11 Reasons Why We Need Restructuring by codedguy1(m): 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2020|
I totally agree with this 100%
The rate of development will even amaze us.
However we in the south especially need to find a way to force the North yo comply or conform to this but the constant bickering between the west and east is rather frustrating and annoying.
|Re: 11 Reasons Why We Need Restructuring by flyingpig: 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2020|
Let us blame the politicians from the two blocks for not having a common ground, and stretching it out towards the North, while winning over some elements in the middle belt.
|Re: 11 Reasons Why We Need Restructuring by FlordFlorez(m): 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2020|
I hope u've woken up from ur dream.
|Re: 11 Reasons Why We Need Restructuring by Deebwebb: 1:14pm On Jun 07, 2020|
What we all wanted,even ojukwu wanted same like the aburi accord.but the truth is that it will never happen in Nigeria..the Fulani's will never accept do it.so the best thing is for us to separate,we want Biafra.were everyone will have an equal playing ground,not like Nigeria were the govt gives one man everything he wants while frustrating His rivals.richest man in Africa my foot..
|Re: 11 Reasons Why We Need Restructuring by Finnese001: 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2020|
Biafra: IPOB Defy Military Presence, Carry Out Peaceful Protest In Aba / Killings! If We Had A Responsible Senate, Buhari Would Have Been Invited / Many Countries Begged Nigeria For Food During Lockdown – FG
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113