Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

- Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / (807 Views)

Thread closed / Nairaland.com Thread Closed!! Who Else / Thread Closed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Towma(f): 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: by Vyzz: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
Come on, u don't have to apologise

I might be taller

I might be cooler

I might be darker and prettier but it is still me baby

Ojesymsym

So what u wanna know
Re: by ojesymsym: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
Like seriously, u called me out like that. You sure it cannot be discussed on the investment forum for everyone to make a contribution.

Towma:
So sorry for calling you out like this, please don't be angry, I tried to contact you anonymously by sending messages but I didn't get a reply.

I wanted to ask you some few questions about a post you made on investment section. Thank you. Please reply my email.

@ojesymsym
Re: by Towma(f): 6:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: by Towma(f): 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: by ojesymsym: 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
No question is entirely novice.

I'll try and respond

Towma:

Ok sorry let me edit the thread and take the discussion there.

It's because its a novice question
I didn't want to get laughed by investment gurus in that thread

1 Like

Re: by Towma(f): 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2020
Re: by ojesymsym: 9:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
I see you like privacy.

FG bonds and SUKUK funds get advertised by the government from time to time.

For mutual funds, I suggest you use stanbic iBTC. You can send mail to assetmanagement@stanbicibtc.com, requesting for info to open a mutual funds account. Start with money market.

It doesn't have a fixed interest rate in my experience but it is a good way to turk money away.
Re: by Towma(f): 11:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
Re: by ojesymsym: 12:08am On Jun 14, 2020
FG Bonds and SUKUK work the same. FG tells you before hand what the rate will be. Each is different and determined by FG. SUKUK seem to be higher than FG Bonds at the last offering.

When you buy any of them, you get payments every 6 months until the tenor expires and you get your capital back
Towma:

Thank you

Between fg bonds and sukuk which has higher interest rates?
Assuming I buy fg bonds and sukuk, how will I get my money back? Both the capital and the interest?
Is it periodic deductions or is the money paid after tenure expires?
Re: by Towma(f): 1:08am On Jun 14, 2020
Re: by ojesymsym: 11:33am On Jun 17, 2020
FGN Bonds Primary Market Auction will hold tomorrow, Wednesday, with a total offer of N150.0bn across the 5, 15 and 30 years tenors;

Minimum: above N50 million

N40,000,000,000 - 12.75% FGN APR 2023 (5-Yr Re-opening)*
N50,000,000,000 - 12.50% FGN MAR 2035 (15-Yr Re-opening)*
N60,000,000,000 - 12.98% FGN MAR 2050 (30-Yr Re-opening)*

Towma:

Any minimum deposit for both? And please what were their interest rates last time they advertised?
Thanks
Re: by Towma(f): 2:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
Re: by ojesymsym: 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
Till the tenure expires. FGN Bonds has to also be advertised I think. not sure it is waiting for you to can just walk into the bank and get it except at the secondary market maybe.
Towma:

Sorry for late reply my dear, I was reading through tbills thread as guest for some days, I started from last years posts and I am yet to get to current page, there is a goldmine of investment information there
I just found out I would not be able to do fg bonds because I dont have the minimum capital of 50 mil I need to go for fg savings bond instead since I am investing with 4mil

I think what I need to do is fill the necessary form with my bank and[b] then they take the money and pay interest quarterly till after a year and 6 months when they return all the capital back right[/b]?
Does sukuk bond work like that too?

Please forgive me for replying late, I appreciate your help.
Re: by Towma(f): 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
Re: by ojesymsym: 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
Secondary market simply means you are buying from someone who bought from the primary market (that is from government).
I was actually referring to FG saving bonds, personally never bought it yet.

Towma:

What's the difference between fg bonds secondary market and fg savings bond?
Thanks
Re: by Towma(f): 3:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
Re: by ojesymsym: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
2 years
Towma:

Ok but shebi for two years tenure the time before they return my principal is one year six months?
Also is it also like this with sukuk bonds?

God bless you
Re: by Towma(f): 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Cobblestone Energy Graduate Trainee Recruitment / How To Select Your Next Pair Of Shoes? / Latest Free Browsing Cheats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.