Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,690 members, 7,865,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:54 AM

Difference Between Fix An Engine And Buying A New One - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Difference Between Fix An Engine And Buying A New One (1130 Views)

This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / My Experience "Ringing" An Engine / These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Fix An Engine And Buying A New One by Freekychuks: 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
I have an old Toyota Corolla 1994 model, after driving it for two years plus it started over-heating. I met with one mechanic and he told me he's gonna change the top gasket, crankshaft, radiator, oil and oil filter. And he said I gat to pay 70k with his workmanship..I went to where they sell Belgium engines and I was told that half and top for that my same engine cost 90k. Please friends what should I do... Should I buy another engine or I should repair my own?
Re: Difference Between Fix An Engine And Buying A New One by ochefio: 9:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
Buy a new engine

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Fix An Engine And Buying A New One by NaijadrivaCars: 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
But the answer is before you already - buy a new engine.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Fix An Engine And Buying A New One by oblo(m): 8:47am On Jun 08, 2020
Please buy half and top. Simple.
Re: Difference Between Fix An Engine And Buying A New One by idpompe: 10:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
Depends on how good the mechanic is and will he buy genuine parts for the overhaul.Some tokunbo engines may be scrap,rebuilt as well or coupled.It depends on so many of these and other factors.

(1) (Reply)

Hummer Jeep And Prado Jeep / Hummer / The World's Most Expensive Car- The Koenigsegg One: 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.