Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,184 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? (494 Views)

A Nursing Leader Got the worst bashing after being redeployed / You Can Only Be A Current Champion And Not Forever Champion ;words Of Wisdom / Lady Mechanic, Mrs. Sandra Aguebor Gets Inspirational Award From Ambode (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by AdeQuate18: 10:58am On Jun 08, 2020
In recent times , inspirational speakers are being portrayed as fraudsters. Many people these days see them as people who are good orators but sort of out of touch with reality and all the pep talk about how you can achieve anything you want and how you have more in yourself than you believe is seen as just a speech that feels good to hear but not exactly real.
So what do you think? inspirational speakers deserved to be ridiculed or not ?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by madridguy(m): 11:00am On Jun 08, 2020
grin grin grin

You and I knows they're liars shocked One will say 5 years ago, i started my poultry business with just 10 eggs but today i now have over 100,000 chickens grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by yanabasee1(m): 11:06am On Jun 08, 2020
Those guys can never be trusted...... They use you to get rich....

Having you buy their books and subscribing to their YouTube channels and following them on insta page and twitter.....

Then, they live fake life too.....

Lots of today's pastors are Inspirational speakers

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by yanabasee1(m): 11:09am On Jun 08, 2020
madridguy:
grin grin grin

You and I knows they're liars shocked One will say 5 years ago, i started my poultry business with just 10 eggs but today i now have over 100,000 chickens grin

lol.....

At the end, they'll beg you to buy their books and know the secret of getting rich.....

And when you get the book to read.... It will be fake stories of non-existing people and how they did simple things to make money, till the last page...

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by AdeQuate18: 11:10am On Jun 08, 2020
madridguy:
grin grin grin

yea but isn't that how many successful businesses start ? they start small and several failures and a lot of hard work and dedication later , they become successful
Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by Olalan(m): 11:17am On Jun 08, 2020
They are not realistic... tell you sweet stories that isn't in tune with modern day reality
Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by AdeQuate18: 11:18am On Jun 08, 2020
yanabasee1:
Those guys can never be trusted...... They use you to get rich....

Having you buy their books and subscribing to their YouTube channels and following them on insta page and twitter.....

Then, they live fake life too.....

Lots of today's pastors are Inspirational speakers

The important question is , do you think they are fraudsters for trying to make you can achieve anything you want and paying for their services in return ? I mean therapists get paid to solve psychological problems and inspirational speakers kinda do something similar . lack of motivation is a psychological issue too and they try to solve that and get paid for it
Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by yanabasee1(m): 11:20am On Jun 08, 2020
AdeQuate18:

The important question is , do you think they are fraudsters for trying to make you can achieve anything you want and paying for their services in return ? I mean therapists get paid to solve psychological problems and inspirational speakers kinda do something similar . lack of motivation is a psychological issue too and they try to solve that and get paid for it

Yes...

They can easily brainwashed you to believe that you can achieve anything by mere following their footsteps and by reading their books..... Or buying tickets to their shows....
Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by AdeQuate18: 11:22am On Jun 08, 2020
Olalan:
They are not realistic... tell you sweet stories that isn't in tune with modern day reality

Many messages by inspirational speakers entails things like being persistent in your dreams and to continue trying and to not give give up and things like that and I still don't know how being persistent about your goals isn't in tune with modern day reality . Maybe they are a bit dramatic with their delivery but is the core message wrong though?
Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by Akunwafor(m): 11:24am On Jun 08, 2020
Who is an inspirational speaker?

What successes has said inspirational speaker achieved personally?

How in tune with reality is he?

These are questions you should ask.

Someone mentioned starting a business small but do you know that same business can be started big too?

Would you believe if I told you most businesses fail because of lack of capital? I'm sure you won't.
Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by olasaad(f): 11:28am On Jun 08, 2020
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by madridguy(m): 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
Your eyes go open someday.

AdeQuate18:

yea but isn't that how many successful businesses start ? they start small and several failures and a lot of hard work and dedication later , they become successful

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
This thread reeks of ignorance. That is why we are where we are as a nation. Speaking is a profession and motivational speakers are life changers. Fine, there are quacks, just as we have in any profession. But i tell you there are motivational speakers whose lives are truly a motivation.

Ever heard of SEAN STEPHENSON?? That man, in his short life span was able to impact this WORLD positively. And there are so many of them like that.
Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by SimeonOTC(m): 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
i started my transportation business with just a seat belt, NOW i have over 100 cars travelling round the worldgrin

i started my restaurant business with just 2 seed of beans, NOW, i have over 100 restaurant all over the countrygrin

SCAMgrin
Re: Why Is There A Current Trend Of Bashing Inspirational Speakers ? by Farki: 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
They oversimplify the complex events that lead to their real or purported success to sell insecure people the pipedream that everyone is a potential Bill Gates and all they need to do is buy their books, attend their seminars and through power of will they will achieve these dreams.

What they are doing is selling rose tinted glasses. Most people don't realise that they are just another number to their boss and the government which can easily be replaced at a moment's notice and in the grand scheme of things their lives aren't that important.

But saying that doesn't make money.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Oil And Gas Technology (NOGtech) Hackathon Contest / The Good Side Of The Dark Web (hidden Wiki) / We Create Change Program In Nigeria 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.