Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

The Best Nigerian President Of All Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Nigerian President Of All Time (324 Views)

FBI In Full Gear To Investigate If Nigerian President Is A Replica: / Afenifere: Time For Buhari To Choose Between Being President Of Nigeria And... / Princess Oyenike Oyedele Roberts Contesting For President Of Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Nigerian President Of All Time by Nditoeka: 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
When I was doing my Ph.D. research in the US, one of the questions that greeted me often was “Who is the best Nigerian President of all time?” As a historian, I’m always careful about giving direct answers to questions of such great importance.

Because apart from misleading people base on sentiment or political affiliation as the case may be, there is also that part of committing a sin against history which is what we (historians) are afraid of most of the time.

In my opinion by definition, the Best Nigerian President of all time should be someone who ‘commanded’ the respect of not just Nigerians but the international community during his tenure as the Nigerian President. And in this regard, It is just one man that fits this definition. That man is Olusegun Obasanjo.

Obasanjo is the only Nigerian President that has hosted 3 different American President in Nigeria. He hosted Jimmy Carter in 1978, hosted Bill Clinton in 2000, and hosted George Bush in 2003. There is no other Nigerian President living or alive that has hosted any American President in Nigeria.

Obasanjo is also the only Nigerian President to host Queen Elizabeth in Nigeria. Queen Elizabeth has visited Nigeria twice, the first was Pre-Independence (1956), the second was in 2003 to attend Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting during Obasanjo’s Presidency. There is no other Nigerian President living or alive that has hosted Queen Elizabeth in Nigeria.

https://www.motivation.africa/the-best-nigerian-president-of-all-time.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Nigerian President Of All Time by Brandstudio01: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
Well I'm speechless
Re: The Best Nigerian President Of All Time by ClitRaider: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
yebhoes and Ewusa won't like this news.

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian President Of All Time by donbachi(m): 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
Stop lying.she's not the only queen dat has visited nigeria..queen nwokoye also visited buhari last month.check again.

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian President Of All Time by RejoiceAlways: 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nditoeka:

When I was doing my Ph.D. research in the US, one of the questions that greeted me often was “Who is the best Nigerian President of all time?” As a historian, I’m always careful about giving direct answers to questions of such great importance.

Because apart from misleading people base on sentiment or political affiliation as the case may be, there is also that part of committing a sin against history which is what we (historians) are afraid of most of the time.

In my opinion by definition, the Best Nigerian President of all time should be someone who ‘commanded’ the respect of not just Nigerians but the international community during his tenure as the Nigerian President. And in this regard, It is just one man that fits this definition. That man is Olusegun Obasanjo.

Obasanjo is the only Nigerian President that has hosted 3 different American President in Nigeria. He hosted Jimmy Carter in 1978, hosted Bill Clinton in 2000, and hosted George Bush in 2003. There is no other Nigerian President living or alive that has hosted any American President in Nigeria.

Obasanjo is also the only Nigerian President to host Queen Elizabeth in Nigeria. Queen Elizabeth has visited Nigeria twice, the first was Pre-Independence (1956), the second was in 2003 to attend Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting during Obasanjo’s Presidency. There is no other Nigerian President living or alive that has hosted Queen Elizabeth in Nigeria.

https://www.motivation.africa/the-best-nigerian-president-of-all-time.html
OP, your argument is weak! You need to provide more comprehensive basis than the first & only to host.

Treat yourself to an improved radio listening experience with Nigeria Radio app!

Get it at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.getjoydev.nigeriaradio
Re: The Best Nigerian President Of All Time by RejoiceAlways: 4:58pm On Jun 08, 2020
donbachi:
Stop lying.she's not the only queen dat has visited nigeria..queen nwokoye also visited buhari last month.check again.
grin grin grin
Re: The Best Nigerian President Of All Time by FlordFlorez(m): 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
Ur basis for "best Nigerian president" is lame. Should "who was hosted" be the basis or "what impacts u made to indigeneous Nigerians"?
Re: The Best Nigerian President Of All Time by Iytech(m): 5:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Well, that's your opinion.

There's still a serious dearth of quality political leadership in Nigeria.
Re: The Best Nigerian President Of All Time by BlowYourMind: 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
The baba na real gee, he get confidence die, not one lifeless nincompoop and fantastically corruption slowpoke. gbasibe g.bush

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2020: We Are Not In Banana Republic / (USA)America condemns the recent killing in Nigeria(picture) / Dss Arrests Efcc Boss Ibrahim Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.