Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,564 members, 7,955,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

What Is The Time? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Is The Time? (165 Views)

How Can I Be High All The Time / Shocking Revelation ....mr Kumini Says The Time Is Now.. / By the time Soludo will be provoked, Simon Ekpa, co- criminals will regret- APGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Time? by Demariz(m): 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2020
Let me start by saying I don't know the law.

When i was in junior secondary school, I had this teacher that was assigned to my class. She spoke so eloquently and wouldn't condone pidgin in her class,and to uphold that standard there was a rule/law that whoever gets caught speaking pidgin in the class would pay the sum of #50.
That was the law, and offenders paid daily for it, even when they knew what it would cost them. But as time went by the number of defaulters reduced, not because they didn't want to break the law,but because they grew to fear it and couldn't afford it anymore.

The amount of rape and murder news flooding this forum everyday is astonishing and very much sickening. And then I wonder, do we even know the law? Are we not scared of the law? Do I even know the law?
Its a Shame I don't, a lot of us don't. So how will we fear what we don't know?
I know the implementation of the law in Nigeria is very weak,but if there is anyway to mitigate the uprise of this crimes,educating people about the law should be inevitable.

This isn't a remedy remember, its just my opinion.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: A Soiled Identity / Taiwan Africa Economic Forum / Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.