Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail (63724 Views)

Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted In George Floyd’s killing, stabbed In prison / George Floyd Murder Suspect Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail / George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by mofedamijo(m): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
FA13:

You guys seems not to understand how their system works before commenting.

Bail if he meets it is to be coming from home for the trial before final judgement is made.

It will be definitely prison term but now that the judgement has not been passed, if he meets the bail terms, he can come from home for the trial.

And it is not as if he can run away like here.

lol, you're educating blocked headed graduates, just look at them spilling rubbish up there. The law states that you can't keep him in jail for a certain number of hours. He will eventually be sentenced, but since investigations are still ongoing, they can't keep him for now. As you said, he will attend hearings from home pending when he will be finally senmtenced. No judge who wants to live will free this cops.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
He might be safer in jail than walking free!
He should hv opted for isolated cell in prison!

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by Goodguy123: 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
How can I get hold of this police man,,,,, I really need to eat him alive
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by VickyRotex(f): 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
BABANGBALI:
[s]When will the protest spread to Nigeria now? To use the opportunity to loot just dey hungry me like shawarma.

The way Americans honour this George Floyd go make death to hungry some people o.[/s] Abi kini mo wi vickyrotex?

Iso kuso loun wi! Gerraarrahhiiaa!!!
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by kelmicheal: 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
This is not a matter of racism by the police but first of all who called the police to arrest the huge guy and what was his offence..
Say NO TO CRIME Say NO TO RACISM
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by ofiko123(m): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
He should not be granted bail he should be sentenced to life imprisonment..
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by Risingblue008(m): 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
I just wish God can give me and this chuvin or xhuchu ,I swear one on one,,,,,,infact I rest my case
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by WHITELIGHTER: 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2020
They just wanna bleed this guy dry, then sentence him to life imprisonment...after a couple of years release him on good behavior so he can come back to nothing
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by DexterousOne(m): 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
hackeen:
I don't pity career criminal like George floyd, and this officer too will soon meet his Waterloo.

What is this one saying now
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by DexterousOne(m): 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
uuzba:

Why are Nigerians, despite ALL this racism, still queuing up to get American visa and green card? Why?
They want to go there and fight inequality? And yet abandon our own inequality here?

What's your point?
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by DexterousOne(m): 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2020
Skepticus:

You should know the answer already.

The inequality and the poor value of life in Nigeria will make one ignore the failings of the American system just to be there.

The American "inequality" is a lot better than our "inequality".
Well said

And that's why many uninformed Nigerians are running their mouth the way they are.

When one has spent most of his life in Nigeria
Most likely he would not understand the severity of white supremacy and its operations
To many of them
The battle against hunger is the major battle

One they THINK they have conquered that
They think that's all there is to life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by frankson1(m): 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nuel4:
almost every single political position in that particular state is headed by a democrats. They instigated everything to destabilise the government

Inorder words, you're trying to convince yourself that the Democrats also instigated the killing of Floyd
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by shegra58: 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
FlordFlorez:
I said it. Their legal system supports and believes policemen. I hope this wouldn't anger the protesters to do more damages.
he's not safe in prison or out of it,if he finally got released he's not safe on the street black Gangstar will probably kill him cry

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by ogbonti: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
FlordFlorez:
I said it. Their legal system supports and believes policemen. I hope this wouldn't anger the protesters to do more damages.

bail does not mean the case is thrown away - it means you can go home, wear ankle monitor and you must show up for the trial proper when it begins and the minute you are convicted, the sheriff closest to you will hang that bangle on your wrist and take you to jail instanta -

bail of $1.25 million means he has to come up with at least $125,000 cash - thats all - it doesnt mean he bought his freedom from prosecution

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by ogbonti: 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
Vyzz:
Before nkor

U guys may think that this amount a tough one for him to raise....

cheesy

An amount his follow racist will raise for him...

He is already a freeman

After all the initial gragra

Modified

On a second thought

Jail would have been his safe heaven....

Na Street go take care of him now

this is what the Nigerian police has turned Nigerians into - BECAUSE WHEN POLICE BAIL YOU FOR NAIJA, THEY WILL KILL THE CASE SO THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN DOES NOT KNOW WHAT BAIL MEANS - I sorry for you!
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by ogbonti: 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
ijesuoboikxp1:
After they will say corruption is not in America, now see person wey them for kill since, nonsense, black live matter does not matter in America or anywhere when u die your own don finish period so just pray to God that you are not killed by some authority that want to protect u...

America is a business country - they know how to raise money to take care of their liabilities which includes salaries of policemen and those who work in the criminal justice system - Those who crafted the system are not emotional like you people - Where do you think The US gets money to build prisons, take care of prison inmates, pay police officers, procure the cruisers and weapons they use, and pay those who work in the Judiciary and all that - from federal taxes alone? whossaai - some come from bail bonds.... and this is an example of such

GRANTING HIM BAIL DOES NOT MEAN HE WILL NOT SERVE THE MAXIMUM PUNISHMENT OF SECOND DEGREE MURDER IN MINNESOTA WHICH IS 40 YEARS (if convicted) - AND THERE IS A BACK UP SECOND DEGREE MURDER AND PROBABLY FEDERAL HATE CRIME CHARGES ATTACHED - This guy is 1 or 2 years away from serving at least 40 years of his life (if he lives that long enough) in jail

I KNOW THE NIGERIAN BAIL SYSTEM IS COMPROMISED - SO ANYONE GRANTED BAIL IN NIGERIA IS LIKE "GO AND SIN NO MORE" - not so in America - bail here means- go home and relax and prepare for your case in the future, that's all - AND IF I WERE HIM - I wont allow myself to be bailed because he stands a good chance of getting killed probably by some one who is crazy or he may just commit suicide when the trial is about to commence- YES, WHITE PEOPLE DO THAT A LOT - so I don't see how this killer cop will win here in America - just like people think in Nigeria
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by ogbonti: 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
shegra58:
he's not safe in prison or out of it,if he finally got released he's not safe on the street black Gangstar will probably kill him cry

abi oooo

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
Lol.

Nigerians don't know the difference between released on bail and acquitted.

grin grin grin
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by DicklyD: 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Bail is the amount of money defendants must post to be released from custody until their trial. Bail is not a fine. It is not supposed to be used as punishment. The purpose of bail is simply to ensure that defendants will appear for trial and all pretrial hearings for which they must be present.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by SATANIIST: 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. the billionaire racist that gave him the guts to kill the negro will pay it. this is why i say black negro are bastards. if i have my way i wipe them off. instead of the bloods and the cribs to go for his family and sipe them out, they are busy causing nuisanceand killing themselves
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by Corporate2020: 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2020
Optional09:
white people will raise that money in 2days watch out

If he is released on bail, then he won't spend a week on earth Blacks will take him dowm.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by northvietnam(m): 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
Moneywirer:
Why would he be granted option for bail??
These people are just keen on seeing America burn to the ground.
With an option for bail, one of these political juggernauts would arrange for the money, might not even have to be a politician providing the bail money, could be a money bag who happens to be a white supremacist or even a staunch Klansman that'd make the money available.

By the time this man walks, the black folks would feel super spited..... Boom!!!!

That's a great recipe for Chaos version 10.0, such as have never been experienced in the history of the USA.

Good recipe to destabilize trump administration and Joe Biden will have a walk in the park during election... Serious permutations but the idiot trump doesn’t know the game plan
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by Biafrareform(m): 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
ghettokid1:

I just feel like....

Wait, someone actually did this to a lady . I hope he has been locked up forever
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by Xisnin(m): 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2020
larrysworld:

You don't seem to understand what I am saying. He has right to bail but the whole trial now is a charade because it has been set up in such a way that conviction is almost impossible due to over-charging and the first indication of that is the bail been granted.
No, a charade is when you already decided the outcome before putting on a show.
You and the others want a charade. You want the man to be locked up because of the mob.
You want him punished because of the mob.
You are angry because you fear the mob's action over his lawful bail.

Who is supporting a charade, you, or the state who respects the court's decision?

There is no such thing as "over-charging".

What you think is over-charging is a process used by prosecutors
to "punish" a suspect at all costs.

Being acquitted of one charge doesn't mean you are free of others.

Yes, a person can be acquitted of murder but guilty of pick-pocketing.
It is not a black or white situation.

The rioters have forced the state to charge him but they will not always have their way.
There is politics and there is justice.

We must realise this is a unique case that has caused untold outrage allover the world. Considering his own safety, why grant him bail? what happens if he is killed before he could appear in court next? Why are they not putting him into protection? There is more here than we can see. Even OJ Simpson that was not caught murdering his wife on video was remanded, how much more this guy that we all have the murder video. Don't you think someone might decide to take laws into their own hands? All I am saying is that they have set up the case in such a way that he'll likely come out with an acquittal.
There is nothing unique about the case.
It is immoral and unethical to lock the suspect up because of the rioters.

You have no video of a murder on camera. That is your jungle justice mentality creeping up.
What you have on camera is an arrest that leads to death.
Police are trained to control suspect with a chokehold, the suspect didn't invent the method,
neither was he the first to use it.

You seem to misunderstand the judicial system.
Remand is not a punishment for a crime, it is to prevent the suspect from fleeing or committing more crimes.
If there is little risk of the suspect fleeing, it makes no sense remanding him because the mob wants such.

If his life is under threat, he should be assigned security detail as a "free man".

It is not the first time that mobs would try to impose their will on the judicial system.

Dictators are notorious for locking someone up "for their own good".

If the mob wants blood or a forced change, they should stop being cowardly and arm themselves.
If they can beat the state, then they can impose their will.
But before then, the law remains supreme.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by EvangelistMFM(m): 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2020
Wetin vex me for the whole matter be say..Why passers-by no gather am,push am comot wey im put him knee for the guy neck
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by iAmTheJoker: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2020
Vyzz:
Before nkor

U guys may think that this amount a tough one for him to raise....

cheesy

An amount his follow racist will raise for him...

He is already a freeman

After all the initial gragra

Modified

On a second thought

Jail would have been his safe heaven....

Na Street go take care of him now

Bail is not freedom
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by AreaFada2: 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
wristbangle:
Definitely this will lead to more chaos. This man was charged with 2nd degree murder and I expect the court to splash at least life imprisonment on this wicked soul. The funny thing is he will be back at the force and still embark on his devilish mission.

Lalasticlala & Mynd44, over to you.
The case has not been heard yet o. The court just imposed bail condition. If he meets the bail conditions he won't remain in detention. When the case starts he will be going to court from his home.
The high amount is to ensure he does not run away.
If he is found guilty he will start his sentence almost immediately.

Most cases are given a bail condition but many cannot meet it. A poor guy if given 250k dollars condition cannot meet it.

Let's see if racist apologists will stump up the money for him.

His Asian wife just left him because of this saga but she is not asking for any divorce financial settlement from him.

People like this killer would say they are not racist because he is married to an Asian woman. shocked
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by ClitRaider: 3:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
white trash
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by etrange: 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
espn:
Black Lives matters... If na nigeria na so dem go don dey shout say if na USA...

Thank you. And most people that use that expression "in a sane clime" have never crossed the border.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by Bimpe29: 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
Like Nigeria like USA.
Getting bail for a murderer is heartbreaking.
Re: George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Granted $1.25m Bail by Androidlic: 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2020
white are bias

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of The Beheaded Abia State University Students / We Will Kill You All - Nigerians In South Africa Say To Looters (video) / Efcc Found Yahoo Boys Den Where They Are Training New Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.