Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland (39589 Views)

Late Oniru’s Children And Omogbolahan Lawal Fight Dirty / PHOTOS: Popular NURTW Chieftain, Kunle Poly Visits New Oniru Of Iru, Pays Homage / ‘we Don’t Recognize Hakeem Ajasa As The Next Oniru Of Iruland’ – Abisogun Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by akigbemaru: 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
fairfora:
Since Tinubu hand dey dia there must be confusion. I remember when he installed akiolu the oba of Lagos against the wish of some royal houses or families. Due process has never been in his dico yet, some gullible minds still following him...same of the same. Similar circumstances surrounded installation of his daughter as iyaloja-general. Until men like Tinubu becomes powerless in our clime, nothing close to orderliness should be expected.
correct
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by jaxxy(m): 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
abbey621:

When you have trillions and a huge network anything is possible both in the physical and spiritual realm grin grin grin

Money shudnt overly abuse due process. U can lobby bt not demand. Atleast that’s how it shud be.
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by abbey621(m): 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
jaxxy:

Money shudnt overly abuse due process. U can lobby bt not demand. Atleast that’s how it shud be.

You're living in lalaland, in a country like Nigeria where someone can hire assassins for less than 50k, you think giving people millions won't get most things done? grin grin grin. Due process is an illusion, a tool used to keep poor people obedient, for the rich due process is the tissue they use to wipe their ass!

2 Likes

Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by gaventa: 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
It’s very disheartening how Politics has dabbled into tradition and culture. The gods of the land won’t be happy with all of this. The Kings who are supposed to be custodian of tradition have been bought by politicians and it will tell on the land. I’m not surprised though.
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by jaxxy(m): 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2020
abbey621:

You're living in lalaland, in a country like Nigeria where someone can hire assassins for less than 50k, you think giving people millions won't get most things done? grin grin grin. Due process is an illusion, a tool used to keep poor people obedient, for the rich due process is the tissue they use to wipe their ass!

I disagree, yes Nigeria is bad bt not completely lost. Our systems are weak bt not completely useless. We just need to improve and catch up with what is obtainable in civil climes. We are too backwards bt our seemingly exposed leaders are in denial.

Correcting our wrongs/mistakes building our systems to be strong is the only way this country can be great again. Any thing else we will either keep going in circles or going backwards.
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by abbey621(m): 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
jaxxy:

I disagree, yes Nigeria is bad bt not completely lost. Our systems are weak bt not completely useless. We just need to improve and catch up with what is obtainable in civil climes. We are too backwards bt our seemingly exposed leaders are in denial.

Correcting our wrongs/mistakes building our systems to be strong is the only way this country can be great again. Any thing else we will either keep going in circles or going backwards.

Comedy....We are talking about the power the rich and mighty have over due process and you're here dreaming and talking about some el dorado grin grin. When it comes to positions such as monarchy and other positions not elected by the public, the rich and wealthy will always have influence and there's nothing anyone can do about it, let's not kid ourselves. Even in the USA, the power that someone like Buffet & Gates wield is more powerful than most people know, not to talk of a country like 9ja where the emphasis on money is magnified grin grin grin.
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by jaxxy(m): 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
abbey621:

Comedy....We are talking about the power the rich and mighty have over due process and you're here dreaming and talking about some el dorado grin grin. When it comes to positions such as monarchy and other positions not elected by the public, the rich and wealthy will always have influence and there's nothing anyone can do about it, let's not kid ourselves. Even in the USA, the power that someone like Buffet & Gates wield is more powerful than most people know, not to talk of a country like 9ja where the emphasis on money is magnified grin grin grin.

U have been overly deluded by grand corruption u have forgotten or perhaps abandoned ur sense of good judgement. U have cave in to the false belief of money can do everything bt have failed to see many rich men and even powerful ones fall like chickens in history.

Abiola was rich and wealthy bt what happened?? Think again.

If warren goes against the law he will have it coming and that is a guarantee in America.

Do u see bill Cosby and the other media moguls rapists? Where are they? Jail exactly. That’s the power Of money from ur wild imagination to reality. grin
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by abbey621(m): 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
jaxxy:

U have been overly deluded by grand corruption u have forgotten or perhaps abandoned ur sense of good judgement. U have cave in to the false belief of money can do everything bt have failed to see many rich men and even powerful ones fall like chickens in history.

Abiola was rich and wealthy bt what happened?? Think again.

If warren goes against the law he will have it coming and that is a guarantee in America.

Do u see bill Cosby and the other media moguls rapists? Where are they? Jail exactly. That’s the power Of money from ur wild imagination to reality. grin

We are talking about two different things, something can be legal and yet ethically or morally wrong, another thing can be illegal yet ethically justified. This same topic was the bulk of my research during my 3rd masters degree, you need to stop seeing things from the fantasy realm and come back to reality. Abiola's downfall was not brought about by the people or any sense of morality but by his own doings, if he had done some things differently, especially listened to Adedibu, he might still be alive today. Are you saying raping someone is the same as unethically influencing an election or nomination? To me it seems you're using straw man's theory to justify your point and quite frankly it is silly!

Again we are not talking about legality but ethics, does money give you certain privileges in this world, YES! Are important positions in this world influenced by money, YES! Is there anything you can do about it, NO! If you like go head to head with Dangote in the Nigerian cement industry you are guaranteed to LOSE! Go head to head with Alpha Beta in Lagos, you're guaranteed to LOSE AGAIN! You can continue in your delusion of grandeur on morality but there's no denying reality and the ways of this world, anyday any time, I'll bet Tinubu's/Dangote's billions against your ethics!
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by jaxxy(m): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
abbey621:

We are talking about two different things, something can be legal and yet ethically or morally wrong, another thing can be illegal yet ethically justified. This same topic was the bulk of my research during my 3rd masters degree, you need to stop seeing things from the fantasy realm and come back to reality. Abiola's downfall was not brought about by the people or any sense of morality but by his own doings, if he had done some things differently, especially listened to Adedibu, he might still be alive today. Are you saying raping someone is the same as unethically influencing an election or nomination? To me it seems you're using straw man's theory to justify your point and quite frankly it is silly!

Again we are not talking about legality but ethics, does money give you certain privileges in this world, YES! Are important positions in this world influenced by money, YES! Is there anything you can do about it, NO! If you like go head to head with Dangote in the Nigerian cement industry you are guaranteed to LOSE! Go head to head with Alpha Beta in Lagos, you're guaranteed to LOSE AGAIN! You can continue in your delusion of grandeur on morality but there's no denying reality and the ways of this world, anyday any time, I'll bet Tinubu's/Dangote's billions against your ethics!

U are only confusing urself, I never said money cannot influence things bt I said money shud not overly influence due process. Emphasis on the word “overly”. I even said u can lobby bt not demand. Abiola demanded with his money and we all know how it went. Tinubu or alpha beta advantage is not money bt power, political power. If Pdp takes over Lagos state it will not be thesame again for alpha beta. I’m sure u know that?

U made it seem u can get away with anything cos u have money and u can’t be held accountable morally because u have money and I said u are wrong to a large extent because where systems are strong u will face justice and times are changing also.

1 Like

Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by miketayo(m): 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
okomile:

Ask the afi oba je grin grin

So u don't know too cheesy.
King that government can remove and replace anytime, Its now an appointment
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by abbey621(m): 4:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
jaxxy:

U are only confusing urself, I never said money cannot influence things bt I said money shud not overly influence due process. Emphasis on the word “overly”. I even said u can lobby bt not demand. Abiola demanded with his money and we all know how it went. [b]Tinubu or alpha beta advantage is not money bt power, political power. [/b]If Pdp takes over Lagos state it will not be thesame again for alpha beta. I’m sure u know that?

U made it seem u can get away with anything cos u have money and u can’t be held accountable morally because u have money and I said u are wrong to a large extent because where systems are strong u will face justice and times are changing also.

There's no point arguing with you, The bold part already confirms you know not of what you speak! Tinubu's advantage is not money but political power? Comedy....It is both my friend, BOTH!

Abiola never demanded anything with his money, he won an election but was denied his rights, he had a choice to get out of jail by denouncing his mandate but chose to be defiant, in this case he chose greed over common sense. The common theme with all your arguments is "if", which still shows you're living in el dorado, come out and smell the sweet smell of fresh notes from the bullion van, money and power will crush your ethics any day and any time, it is inevitable - Thanos 2018
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by jaxxy(m): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
abbey621:

There's no point arguing with you, The bold part already confirms you know not of what you speak! Tinubu's advantage is not money but political power? Comedy....It is both my friend, BOTH!

Abiola never demanded anything with his money, he won an election but was denied his rights, he had a choice to get out of jail by denouncing his mandate but chose to be defiant, in this case he chose greed over common sense. The common theme with all your arguments is "if", which still shows you're living in el dorado, come out and smell the sweet smell of fresh notes from the bullion van, money and power will crush your ethics any day and any time, it is inevitable - Thanos 2018

I see u have now included power into ur equation. U are getting there.

Now ethics is what guides power from being abused. Morality is what wud have given created a sane society. U can choose to live in ur beclouded judgement and illusion of the overreaching powers of money bt remember it also has its limitations.

Politics in Nigerian history shud help u understand this dynamics very easily.
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by Proudlytips: 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2020
arhhhh
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by abbey621(m): 5:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
jaxxy:

I see u have now included power into ur equation. U are getting there.

Now ethics is what guides power from being abused. Morality is what wud have given created a sane society. U can choose to live in ur beclouded judgement and illusion of the overreaching powers of money bt remember it also has its limitations.

Politics in Nigerian history shud help u understand this dynamics very easily.

Did I leave power out of the equation before? I can't recall anyone in Nigeria having true power and yet they're poor! Everything in life has limitations adn nothing in my argument ever suggested otherwise but what you're saying is money should not overly influence decision making or due process and I maintain this is a fallacy in Nigeria. Maybe 50 years or 100 years when the political, societal and moral climate changes but for now money reigns supreme and to deny that is to deny your very existence!
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by Arewa1408: 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
RPirez:
I knew right from the onset it's pure balderdash!

Anything involving Tinubu and his boys is absolute SCAM!

Now, i have to go look for the meaning of balderdash.... imagine this problem this hot afternoon. Next time speak simple english or i sue you to court of balderdash jurisdiction.
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by jaxxy(m): 6:19pm On Jun 09, 2020
abbey621:

Did I leave power out of the equation before? I can't recall anyone in Nigeria having true power and yet they're poor! Everything in life has limitations adn nothing in my argument ever suggested otherwise but what you're saying is money should not overly influence decision making or due process and I maintain this is a fallacy in Nigeria. Maybe 50 years or 100 years when the political, societal and moral climate changes but for now money reigns supreme and to deny that is to deny your very existence!

I agree money is powerful and shud accomplish great things bt we shudnt let this ruin our systems. A country is only as strong as its systems bt u seem to be overjoyed with a decaying System. I cannot understand why exactly.

If a bad system is in ur advantage 2day it cud be to ur disadvantage 2moro. That shud be a concern for everyone sane person.
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by abbey621(m): 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
jaxxy:

I agree money is powerful and shud accomplish great things bt we shudnt let this ruin our systems. A country is only as strong as its systems bt u seem to be overjoyed with a decaying System. I cannot understand why exactly.

If a bad system is in ur advantage 2day it cud be to ur disadvantage 2moro. That shud be a concern for everyone sane person.

Do you know the difference between theorist and realist? One gets things done while the other thinks about getting things done. I already expalined tp you the reality, change will not come by usine mere words and praying for more evolved system, NOPE! Change comes by getting your hands dirty, doing the work and using every resource available to put your people, your mentality in place for a better system. You want to change Nigeria? Hope you arm yourself with more than just some ethical bullcrap! Hope you ahve enough resources not to stop halfway like sowore! Hope you realize you're not fighting against the physical realm but spiritual as well! I am not saying you are wrong I'm just saying you're not being realistic! True change will not happen unless you get some serious backing both from the Almighty and serious financial resources. Money, blood, sweat and tears, these are the elements of true revolutions not just mere words, anyways I'm rooting for people like you, the optimist, the ones that still believe 9ja can be redeemed through ethics grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by rafcrown(m): 7:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
inoki247:
shocked shocked well dem no dey consult Oracle again to choose king na Bank account dem dey consult now
Oracle has gone digital.
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by jaxxy(m): 7:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
abbey621:

Do you know the difference between theorist and realist? One gets things done while the other thinks about getting things done. I already expalined tp you the reality, change will not come by usine mere words and praying for more evolved system, NOPE! Change comes by getting your hands dirty, doing the work and using every resource available to put your people, your mentality in place for a better system. You want to change Nigeria? Hope you arm yourself with more than just some ethical bullcrap! Hope you ahve enough resources not to stop halfway like sowore! Hope you realize you're not fighting against the physical realm but spiritual as well! I am not saying you are wrong I'm just saying you're not being realistic! True change will not happen unless you get some serious backing both from the Almighty and serious financial resources. Money, blood, sweat and tears, these are the elements of true revolutions not just mere words, anyways I'm rooting for people like you, the optimist, the ones that still believe 9ja can be redeemed through ethics grin grin grin

Rome was not built in a day, America wasn’t built in a day, Singapore took sm years. Dubai sm years also. I certainly believe Nigeria can achieve same if we truely want to. It takes starting with a few right minds, working with the right people and doing the right things, in the right spaces. I don’t want to talk anymore like I’m preaching to the choir cos I’m not. Neither am I saying pray for change, we have been hypocritically doing so for years. We need right actions. Hopefully Smtn will make this happen one day.
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by odehaj: 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
That’s why they allow me go home blocking the road through the palace on Saturday
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by ThatFairGuy: 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
PierreAbutu:

It's CEASE not SIEZE
I thought you were a graduate?? undecided
Seize is applicable in that context, Goan dust your dictionary
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by oluwasegun007(m): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
inoki247:
shocked shocked well dem no dey consult Oracle again to choose king na Bank account dem dey consult now

U wan make oracle go hand pick one family member doing keke napep abi?
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by Johzhier97(m): 1:12am On Jun 10, 2020
inoki247:
No be only bank account oooo.....Godfather go join body put so everywhere go dey coolele like wazobia fm tongue
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by Justiceleague1: 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
Re: Royal Family Rejects Abdulwasiu Gbolahan Lawal As New Oniru Of Iruland by BabaRamota1980: 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
Abisogun is right in contesting the installation but why call on FG, for what? Are there no courts in Lagos? We call Fg over nonsense but then when Fg intervene we say we want regionalism. Crazy! First and foremost, Aromire is head of Idejo. What does Aromire have to say? How is Gbolahan connected or related to the royalty, what is his link? What authority does Abisogun have and what is the history?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Dialects / Masquerade Wearing Lord’s Chosen Church’s Overalls in Anambra State / Ojora Of Lagos, Oba Fatai Aremu Marries A New Wife (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.