Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market (31866 Views)

Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Itsekiri And Other Eastern Minorities / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / Asaba Massacre Nostalgia, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri Let's Weep Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2020
persius555:
Delta Warri South need to seat at a round table and avoid open confrontation. There is a widening economic penchant for land in a city as small as warri.

If you think that picture is 1/10 of warri then your head should be examined
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
dennisworld1:
The market was known as iron market not even ogbe ijoh. Which was renovated by uduaghan. Ogbe ijoh starts claiming ownership from agbassa community.

Urhobo aren't very brave, I don't want to use the word cowa** but with all their numbers, see how tribes like itsekiri and ijaw that can't feel up National stadium Abuja are dominating them

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
Bidi123:
The ijaws are liars, land grabbers, the itsekiris are small but are warriors and are not afraid of the ijaws again. They are ever ready in anywhere for war now.

Bloody afonja be causing trouble, if crisis start for itsekiri after gingering them, you would be nowhere to be found

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
kherlly:
Fight no dey Taya ijaw

Ilaje vs ijaw fight that year always on my mind

Who win?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iriruaga100:

I have read history of warri over time and again.. Itsekiri don't own the land on wish Olu palace sit on.. Rather Okumagba of blessed memory leased out land to Itsekiri's to farm on since they like their Ijaw counterpart live on waterside (River bank). How then do you own warri?? Naming the larger Warri, Warri don't mean you own the city... The whole of Ajamunuga, ekrede Itsekiri was given to you guys to farm on by Okumagba.. Who sold the land world of life was built on to Papa Ayo Oritsejafor?? Ask your self why is there gbokodo-okpe and gbokodo-itsekiri ?? Your all are land grabbers
You keep making equivocal statements over and over without proofs. I am asking you again to show or point me to hard proofs that the land where the Olu of Warri Palace is situated was leased from Okumagba. Instead of answering me, you have rushed to bring up Oritsejafor. So no Urhobo man has purchased land in Ijaw, Igbo, itsekiri, Hausa area? Not that I'm saying that Oristejafor bought the land, I'm just saying it is a loose statement. On the ownership of Warri, there's a difference between old Warri, Warri city, Warri district, Warri metropolis. Until you know this, you know the stance of Itsekiris. And how stupid you sound when you said Itsekiris don't own land. Do they live on top sea? Funnily enough , the chairman from the Warri and Rep is always an Itsekiri. Keep deceiving yourself. I know you're not from Warri yet you wouldn't let warri be, why? On the issue of Gbokoda, there's okere-urhobo too, there are many itsekiri communities in other Urhobo LGA. It doesn't make them Urhobo areas

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Oyiboman69: 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Really?
Itshekiri defeated Ijaws??
Yes
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
Igbos stop soiling your fathers name abroad and being a disgrace to your families.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/press-release/file/1197341/download

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by darfay: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Funnily how Urhobos keep peddling same unverified lies every now and then. According to TA Salubi, a renowned Urhobo historian and one of the founding fathers of the UPU (Urhobo Progressive Union) in one of their statements on the ownership of Warri he said that the Itsekiris leased land from them to build a Warri town hall. It was never stated that Itsekiris pay okumagba for a palace whatever. If you doubt, I challenge you from now till the end of this year to bring hard facts. Use Google, ask any Urhobo historian you know. Stop selling lies. I ask you, what is the market called by Urhobos before Nigeria's independence?

FACT: In old Warri, itsekiri is taught as a language in all schools in Warri.

What language is currently being taught?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by feldido(m): 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2020
meforyou1:
Opobo and bonny people are igbos. u know jaja of opobo is from nkwerre in imo state.

You better go and read your History books

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nisco18ng(m): 1:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
CzarChris:
With the help of the military, the itsekiris can't stand the Ijaws in an all out one on one, and they know it. But I believe this can be settled amicably, enough of the bloodshed, that land has drank too much blood already.

You are clearly UNIFORMED OR MISINFORMED. The Ijaws are the ones who enjoyed overwhelming military support and was even attacking Itsekiri towns in military uniforms. Even the last war that eventually silenced the Ijaws, the military categorically told Itsekiris to go and defend themselves as Ijaws has paid for 4hrs of operation and at such they(military) wont interfere.
So when God finally gave Itsekirs victory over the Ijaws, the Itsekiris slaughtered ALL occupants of the 32 speed boats Ijaws invaded Warri(Ekurede-Itsekiri) with and burnt the economic capital of the Ijaws(Miller waterside) with Sam drums of fuel Ijaws brought to burn down the Olu of Warri palace. They also vented their anger on the military by chasing them all into the barracks with many soldiers dead and vehicles destroyed.
A situation the then C/O of the 7 batallion Col. Dogo couldn't deny when asked on radio. In his defense as to why he ordered his men to retreat, he said ' in war, when you're losing too many men on the field, you have to retreat'
I was a first hand witness to the war and it is only who hasn't witnessed a war that would pray for one.
The irony of this whole thing is that, there are no two tribes on earth that are inter-married as Itsekiri/Ijaw. Same goes for business relationship.
FIGHTING IS SENSELESS, PEACE IS PRICELESS!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by rapid101(m): 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2020
mumu tribe pple

na so ona fight dat time drive almost all d companies wen de warri

make ona continue na ona go still suffer am

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Malawian(m): 1:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
Kwashiman:

If I post ritual killings from Ogun state alone this thread no go finish grin, do you really want to do this to yourself my slave? grin
You be old hand for here, i think i even know your original moniker grin grin grin
Back then when nwafors were holding it down here for real.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by justuschi50: 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
caleboxylic:

Shut up Ijaw. The land grabbers. You have no land in warri or in any mainland.

IJAWS ARE
Creek/swamp dwellers.
Itshekiris are just fishermen. Both are land grabbers.

Urohbo are not ready to claim what belongs to them.

This applies in their so called Bayelsa. The capital "yenegoa# belongs to Edoid clan in the state and not even the Ijaw.
ijaw and itserkiry fight is also happening in warri, haba this is why south south will never gain freedom from the north they fight among them self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iriruaga100(m): 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

You keep making equivocal statements over and over without proofs. I am asking you again to show or point me to hard proofs that the land where the Olu of Warri Palace is situated was leased from Okumagba. Instead of answering me, you have rushed to bring up Oritsejafor. So no Urhobo man has purchased land in Ijaw, Igbo, itsekiri, Hausa area? Not that I'm saying that Oristejafor bought the land, I'm just saying it is a loose statement. On the ownership of Warri, there's a difference between old Warri, Warri city, Warri district, Warri metropolis. Until you know this, you know the stance of Itsekiris. And how stupid you sound when you said Itsekiris don't own land. Do they live on top sea? Funnily enough , the chairman from the Warri and Rep is always an Itsekiri. Keep deceiving yourself. I know you're not from Warri yet you wouldn't let warri be, why? On the issue of Gbokoda, there's okere-urhobo too, there are many itsekiri communities in other Urhobo LGA. It doesn't make them Urhobo areas

Its a known fact that you people don't own Olu palace land and the rest of Ekrede-itsekiri.. You're can't despite the fact that its a leased land that you pay rent on. I know the terrain of warri too well, old warri is Ogbangue while main warri is okere and Okumagba axis. Okere is owned by Okumagba family, any name attached to okere was done by you people after the land was leased to your forefathers. Please name the Itsekiri village in urhobo land outside the three warri local government?? Don't mention Ogbolokposo, its not an itsekiri community in uview and don't talk about Sapele, the orodje stopped you guys from holding your yearly festival, that's enough to tame you people from holding any stake in sapele..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by badman007(m): 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
Bloody illiterates
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Area4Area: 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Hmmmmm

Wonderful...

Both are birds of same feathers and characters...that feeds fat on blackmailing others..

Their business there..

Where is even Reno Omokri, can't he go and settle the differences or errmm Asari dokubo(Edi-abali) can't he also go and broker peace there...

Na to come and be dragging nonsense and blackmailing others especially that Asari and notorious Reno.
You'd never see Reno here, it's only when he wants to trend and using the Igbos to do that he comes around.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by bolanto24(m): 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
caleboxylic:

Shut up Ijaw. The land grabbers. You have no land in warri or in any mainland.

IJAWS ARE
Creek/swamp dwellers.
Itshekiris are just fishermen. Both are land grabbers.

Urohbo are not ready to claim what belongs to them.

This applies in their so called Bayelsa. The capital "yenegoa# belongs to Edoid clan in the state and not even the Ijaw.

You are mad and I'm here to tell you.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iriruaga100:

Its a known fact that you people don't own Olu palace land and the rest of Ekrede-itsekiri.. You're can't despite the fact that its a leased land that you pay rent on. I know the terrain of warri too well, old warri is Ogbangue while main warri is okere and Okumagba axis. Okere is owned by Okumagba family, any name attached to okere was done by you people after the land was leased to your forefathers. Please name the Itsekiri village in urhobo land outside the three warri local government?? Don't mention Ogbolokposo, its not an itsekiri community in uview and don't talk about Sapele, the orodje stopped you guys from holding your yearly festival, that's enough to tame you people from holding any stake in sapele..
Clearly shows Urhobos are dealing in lies and falsehoods, fairytales and hearsay. No proofs. Just "my grandma nai talk am".

Listen, Gbolokposo is a known Itsekiri community in Uvwie. We all know that. Let me list some itsekiri communities that are not in the three Warri LGA: Ajagbodudu, Efuropke, Obitekpagha, Pamol rubber estate, Efo (in Mosoghar), Aghalokpe, Obontie, Ugberikoko, Uton Iyatsere, Ajimele, Ugbeyiyi, ajaguoyibo, ughoton, urban area etc.

If Itsekiri do not practice this one king style of rulership, these communities and other surrounding communities would have been annexed and ruled by an Itsekiri king different from the Olu of Warri. The downfall of Itsekiri is this thier one king like the oba of Benin monarchy.

What is the name of the community the olu palace is situated?? And why is the name of the community not Urhobo?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nairalandmonika: 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sammy07:

Really?
Itshekiri defeated Ijaws??
Do u stay in warri?
If yes, did u know how the crisis ended in 2003?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Sammy07: 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Do u stay in warri?
If yes, did u know how the crisis ended in 2003?

Nope I don't, how?
Explain
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by naijaman2225(m): 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
CzarChris:
Una wan start again? Ogbe-Ijoh market wahala wan drink blood again this year? Hmmm, God abeg o.

I DEY EDO STATE BUT ANYTIME I HEAR IJAW/ITSHEKIRI OR ITSHEKIRI/URHOBO WAHALA FEAR DEY CATCH ME, BECAUSE DERE MATTER NA LIKE BOKO HARAM.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Efewestern: 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

Clearly shows Urhobos are dealing in lies and falsehoods, fairytales and hearsay. No proofs. Just "my grandma nai talk am".

Listen, Gbolokposo is a known Itsekiri community in Uvwie. We all know that. Let me list some itsekiri communities that are not in the three Warri LGA: Ajagbodudu, Efuropke, Obitekpagha, Pamol rubber estate, Efo (in Mosoghar), Aghalokpe, Obontie, Ugberikoko, Uton Iyatsere, Ajimele, Ugbeyiyi, ajaguoyibo, ughoton, urban area etc.

If Itsekiri do not practice this one king style of rulership, these communities and other surrounding communities would have been annexed and ruled by an Itsekiri king different from the Olu of Warri. The downfall of Itsekiri is this thier one king like the oba of Benin monarchy.

Ughoton?
Aghalokpe?

These communities are in Okpe and are pure Okpe towns, Ughoton is a stone throw from Jeddo and it's 100% Urhobo.

Next time do a proper finding, you have locals online you know.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nairalandmonika: 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
Iriruaga100:

Who is tell you all this. Guy are u guys so full of lies in mischief. Even a Benin man will tell u the story of okere. Why do u think the call the round about at okere ekpen.
U should go and look at the old man of warri please.
What is the meaning of olodi in urhobo.
What is the meaning of meshiarun in urhobo.
What is the meaning of ejabugbe in urhobo.

Do u even know the real name of warri main market?
When did u even get to warri. 10 yrs ago there was no place like okere urhobo. It was only recently the started calling some section of okere that name.

What does okere even mean in urhobo?

How come all this placed have itsekiri name yet u urhobo claim it's urs.

From how u talk it shows u don't know warri, there's no such thing as old warri n new warri. I was born n breed in warri. U can't come online and begin spewing trash.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
Efewestern:

Ughoton?
Aghalokpe?

These communities are in Okpe and are pure Okpe towns, Ughoton is a stone throw from Jeddo and it's 100% Urhobo.

Oversight maybe.

Itsekiris have a larger presence in that Delta Central Senatorial District than urhobos have in delta south.

For the avoidance of doubts, hereunder are some of the Itsekiri communities in Delta Central. Are they not entitled to federal appointment?

Sapele LGA
Ugbosien
Ugbekoko
Obontie
Aja-Ojigwo
Ogun Aja Ugbegi
Ajimele
Elume - partly Itsekiri
Arowun
Enaso
Adaka.

Uvwie
Ugbolokposo
Aja Uma.

Okpe LGA
Aja OgunOyibo
Ajatiton
Aja Ogolo.

Udu LGA
Egbogide.

Ethiope west
Efurokpe
Oyeaja
Ekwobodo
Ibirifo
Owe
Efo
Enasun
Ajatiton - mosogha
Ajaenesan - Jessa
Gbomoya - Jessa
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nairalandmonika: 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
Efewestern:

Ughoton?
Aghalokpe?

Read very well b4 u comment. The fact that it is in okpe doesn't make it an urhobo community.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Protest In Lagos Over The Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia / Buhari Shares Table With Mugabe At AU Summit Dinner Last Night (photos) / Traditional Wedding Of Lucky Igbinedion's Daughter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.