Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila (525 Views)

#PMBInLagos: Guard Of Honour For President Buhari In Lagos (Pictures) / Queen Elizabeth's Lawyers Acted For Politician Looting Nigeria's Money / MKO Abiola: Fayose Reacts, Suggests Best Honour For Late Politician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by 2mercy: 9:19am On Jun 09, 2020
•House Speaker visits Kalu

Sanni Onogu, Abuja

HOUSE of Representatives Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila has said prison experience for any politician is a “badge of honour”.

The Speaker, who was represented by Deputy Speaker Ahmed Idris Wase, spoke when he led Principal Officers of the House on a visit to Senate Chief Whip Orji Uzor Kalu, who was recently released from the Nigeria Correctional Centre in Kuje, Abuja.

Wase said the leadership of the House was in Kalu’s home to sympathise with him over his incarceration.

The Deputy Speaker urged the former Abia State governor to take his experience as a life’s lesson and put everything before God.

He said: “We are here to sympathise with you on what happened and your incarceration. As a politician, I want you to take it as one of those things.

“First, we congratulate you and urge you to put everything before God and believe it is part of destiny.

“My Leader, the late Chief Solomon Lar, told me not to fear, as a politician, to go to prison. He told me that going to prison is a badge of honour.

“If you are a good politician, you should be willing to taste prison experience because it will come to you in very many dimensions.

“That happened to us sometime in the past when we were being chased and humiliated, and he asked us to be resolute and face the issues as they were.

“He reminded us of how he was sentenced to over 90 to 150 years in prison. He told us that as leaders, there is always a judgment that could be passed.

“As our leader, we want you to appreciate what God has done for you; use it for the positive development of our country’s judicial system; use it in the interest of humanity.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/going-to-prison-is-honour-for-politician-says-gbajabiamila/

Lalasticlala
Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by slimfit1(m): 9:25am On Jun 09, 2020
They realised him because he treating to reveal who was in Aso rock. Buhari is dead. I believe Maze Kanu now.
Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by chiefolododo(m): 9:26am On Jun 09, 2020
The weed this Ahmed Idris Wase smoke is very thick oo
Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by festacman(m): 9:26am On Jun 09, 2020
This kind of statement makes you wish you could rent THUNDER and give it specific terms of reference.

1 Like

Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by flyingpig: 9:34am On Jun 09, 2020
I hope this is not another jail to aso rock shenanigans as it happened with OBJ in 1998.

Orji Uzor Kalu should never represent Igbos in Asp Rock. This is because Nigeria is fond of electing non-ethic champions when it becomes turn of Southern Nigeria to produce presidency, OBJ comes to mind. Orji was born, bred in the North where he also attended university of Maiduguri, so I am seeing the constellations aligning.

May it not happen in Jesus name.

Alu!

1 Like

Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 09, 2020
K
Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by Carfreak966: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2020
Human judgement can be passed but the Judgement Of God Cannot Be Passed
Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by 2by40ft: 9:59am On Jun 09, 2020
slimfit1:
They realised him because he treating to reveal who was in Aso rock. Buhari is dead. I believe Maze Kanu now.
You should also believe me when I say, I hv attended Kanu's burial.

1 Like

Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by Susu888(m): 10:07am On Jun 09, 2020
Badge of honor?? shocked
The fvck is wrong with naija?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by EzzyCarter: 11:02am On Jun 09, 2020
Don't worry sir. You'll also get your "badge of honor in due time" grin
Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by yanabasee1(m): 11:06am On Jun 09, 2020
This is the number five citizen of the Fed. Rep. of Nigeria speaking and encouraging looting to go into prison and be awarded with a badge of honour....

1 Like

Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by gambia(m): 11:47am On Jun 09, 2020
yanabasee1:
This is the number five citizen of the Fed. Rep. of Nigeria speaking and encouraging looting to go into prison and be awarded with a badge of honour....

I have said it several times, its a hopeless country.
Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by illicit(m): 11:51am On Jun 09, 2020
So Gbajabiamila is this stupid
Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:54am On Jun 09, 2020
I am waiting for those that keep on celebrating these thieves.

Especially based on tribal alliance. I greet those Igbos who always stand up for truth sha.
Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by Inda2020: 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
I don't blame them if I was president I will loot everything I won't even pay salaries there won't be a scam call budget
Re: Going To Prison Is Honour For Politician, Says Gbajabiamila by slimfit1(m): 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
2by40ft:

You should also believe me when I say, I hv attended Kanu's burial.

When?

(1) (Reply)

APC Crises Worsen As Gaidom Run To The Police / When We Were Lagosians - Before Oil Income / AGF, Malami Responds To Strong Allegations Of Corruption Leveled Against Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.