Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,187 members, 7,953,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:31 PM

George Floyd: Judge Sets $1million Bail For Policeman Charged With Murder - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / George Floyd: Judge Sets $1million Bail For Policeman Charged With Murder (330 Views)

El-Rufai: No More Bail For Rapists. We’re Considering Castration As Punishment / George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder / No Charges For Policeman Who Killed Nigerian Student With Mental Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

George Floyd: Judge Sets $1million Bail For Policeman Charged With Murder by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:22am On Jun 09, 2020
Minneapolis judge set a $1 million bail for police officer Derek Chauvin Monday as he made his first court appearance charged with the murder of George Floyd, the 46-year-old African-American man whose death sparked nationwide protests.

Chauvin, who was filmed on May 25 pressing his knee on handcuffed Floyd’s neck until he expired, appeared by video from Minnesota state prison to face charges of one count of second-degree murder, one count of third-degree murder, and one count of manslaughter.

In a procedural hearing that did not require Chauvin, 44, to submit a plea, the judge in the Hennepin County District Court set his bail at $1 million with conditions, and $1.25 million without conditions.

Meeting the conditions would require him to surrender his firearms, not work in law enforcement or security in any capacity, and have no contact with the family of Floyd.

AFP

https://punchng.com/updated-judge-sets-1m-bail-for-policeman-charged-with-floyd-murder/

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: George Floyd: Judge Sets $1million Bail For Policeman Charged With Murder by TheSourcerer: 10:27am On Jun 09, 2020
Okay bail for murder? I never knew

Let's go commit murder then , then we pay bail , problem solved . No prison time.
Re: George Floyd: Judge Sets $1million Bail For Policeman Charged With Murder by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 09, 2020
Trump would pay it since the police is also a racist.
Re: George Floyd: Judge Sets $1million Bail For Policeman Charged With Murder by osamz007: 10:36am On Jun 09, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Okay bail for murder? I never knew

Let's go commit murder then , then we pay bail , problem solved . No prison time.

Hope you're not in Nigeria shaa!

Bro I haven't seen any new topic from you. I've been enjoying your topics in the crime section

1 Like 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Judge Sets $1million Bail For Policeman Charged With Murder by TheSourcerer: 10:42am On Jun 09, 2020
osamz007:

Hope you're not in Nigeria shaa!

Bro I haven't seen any new topic from you. I've been enjoying your topics in the crime section
Weird gory Topics coming through today , thank you for following my topics and yes I'm in Nigeria , very upsetting he (Derek) had no jail time , just bail I know he would successfully meet in no time , and there ends the life of George Floyd
Re: George Floyd: Judge Sets $1million Bail For Policeman Charged With Murder by Swealy: 11:25am On Jun 09, 2020
If they grant that man bail the protest will just become worse and more violent

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Social Media Influencer Adeherself For Internet Fraud / Lady Sets Her Friend Up, Collude With Eight Men To Gang Rape Her / Uncle Who Is A Boko Haram Member Raped Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.