Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? (795 Views)

Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms / Dayold Chicks( Cockreal,broilers,noilers,ducks,pullet And Turkey.... / Ducks Are Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? by emmytams(m): 2:02pm On Jun 09, 2020
The beautiful birds (I think they are ducks) always stroll into my compound and leave at will. They are not even scared of me even when I pick up their chicks. Can They be domesticated. I don't want to bring in another Covid-Like pandemic. I really like them.

Can the Mods help me forward this to the front page. I really need answers.

1 Like

Re: What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? by Juell(m): 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
Cute, I think they are call mallards. They can be domesticated. They can even mate with domestic ducks and their meat and eggs are safe for consumption.

1 Like

Re: What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? by illicit(m): 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
Wow they are cute.
Be feeding them when they come around.

1 Like

Re: What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
They are cute

1 Like

Re: What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? by preachunter: 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
If any animal come to your compound and leave at will that shows the place is animal friendly. Animals don't come to hostile environment. Furthermore, you said you do pickup the babies and they don't fight you. That shows they love being around you. You can be putting a blow of water for them to drink from. Before bringing them to your house, enquiry from your neighbors to know that they are not for them. Then you can bring them home.

3 Likes

Re: What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? by emmytams(m): 7:24am On Jun 11, 2020
preachunter:
If any animal come to your compound and leave at will that shows the place is animal friendly. Animals don't come to hostile environment. Furthermore, you said you do pickup the babies and they don't fight you. That shows they love being around you. You can be putting a blow of water for them to drink from. Before bringing them to your house, enquiry from your neighbors to know that they are not for them. Then you can bring them home.

I totally agree with you. I'm going to build a home for them and make sure there's food and water anytime they come around. But what do I feed them with? They always dig up earth worms.
Re: What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? by emmytams(m): 7:27am On Jun 11, 2020
illicit:
Wow they are cute.

Be feeding them when they come around.

But I don't know what to feed them with.
Re: What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? by emmytams(m): 7:31am On Jun 11, 2020
preachunter:

There is a forest not too far from my compound. That's where they always come and go from. I think they are wild birds. I don't think anybody owns them.
Re: What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? by Akinola100: 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
emmytams:

There is a forest not too far from my compound. That's where they always come and go from. I think they are wild birds. I don't think anybody owns them.
Give them small fish, fish eggs, crayfish, worms, snails, weeds,leaves, seeds, grains.
Re: What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? by Segloyd(m): 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2020
Please keep them, i will like to buy if you won't mind when the chicks are big.

1 Like

Re: What Specie Of Ducks Are These? Can They Be Domesticated? by niyidenrele: 9:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
wow love it , am interested, you mean they are wild birds?... wonderful... and how come they never run whenever they see you picking the newly hatched babies??. I will need further clarification and explanation

(1) (Reply)

Catfish In Kano / Indorama Urea For Sale At Port Harcourt. 7600 Per Bag / Poultry Pen For Rent In Ilorin At Give Away Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.