Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,036 members, 7,838,586 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others (24774 Views)

Keyamo Dons Legal Robe, Appears At Tribunal In Tinubu’s Defence (Video, Photos) / Dons Udeh Is Dead! Missing Enugu APGA Governorship Aspirant Found Dead / Inec Dismisses 3, Arraigns University Dons For Electoral Offenses In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by SirBunky85(m): 9:42pm On Jun 09, 2020
youthofnaija:

Please read through the attached image again. APC national chairman and NWC are not in charge of the selection.
apc doesn't have any board of trustee for now so,d highlighted screenshot u just displayed can be jettisoned

5 Likes

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by princepalace: 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
with this development, bye bye obaseki. mark my words. time shall tell

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by drskyfly007(m): 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
seanfer:

I'm sure Obaseki didn't read or know about this before listening to those bad advisers of his.... Now that the Party constitution give the Chairman all this power, Oshiomhole will use all the power to the fullest. It's a pity that the so called Investment Mogul is a learner in politics...
read it again...it said it will comprise of a chairman and members..It is not referring to chairman of APC per say..Every committee set up for such functions usually has a chairman and members, that's what that part means..

On the contrary, obaseki can use this as a loophole..It clearly says it is the NEC that will recommend these set up of people..Not NWC as headed by oshiomhole..

Oshiomholes power is actually limited despite being the chairman of APC but he is oblivious of that fact

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by funshint(m): 9:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
At this point Obaseki should just walk away....the guy chose a wrong fight.

5 Likes

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by samdaisi: 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
Primary election is more important than general election, if not how could a party won election gallantly with much resources putting in place but later lost it to second position,is it not painful
Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by Swealy: 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
They wan Bleep this man up oo
Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by drskyfly007(m): 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2020
daddytime:
Lol

The tailor-made chairman is always quick to go unilateral in his crude way all in a bid to have things his way.

Na when e go set with court injuctions and litigations him go understand why parties get NEC, NWC, and board of trustees.

Oshiomole body go calm down last last.
Am telling you..The court might need to lecture him the functions of NWC, NEC etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by martineverest(m): 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
Benwallt:
It will get to a point that Obaseki will just walk away by himself. As it is now they give him the load that is not his own. If he gets overwhelmed he will be dead politically and Oshiobaba will gladly sweep his ashes away
then Edo becomes PDP state... Edo would rather have Fulani as their governor than have Oshiomhole as godfather

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by daddytime(m): 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
drskyfly007:
Am telling you..The court might need to lecture him the functions of NWC, NEC etc

Olodo man.

E wan play godfather without sense.

4 Likes

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by Aladdin1(m): 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
Wiith the said discrepancies in the documents submitted by Obaseki.i can categorically say that Obaseki has played into Oshiomhole's hands and i see he has fallen into the trap set by oshiomhole.and i make bold to say unequivocally that Obaseki would be disqualified from contesting the apc primaries.Its a pity!!.cos nobody would symphatize with a certificate forger.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by Charly68: 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
This one is a forensic screening committee,they can not finsh their job and somebody will come up with any issue..so of they disqualify any candidate ,it is good radiance to bad rubbish..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by daddytime(m): 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
Aladdin1:
Wiith the said discrepancies in the documents submitted by Obaseki.i can categorically say that Obaseki has played into Oshiomhole's hands and i see he has fallen into the trap set by oshiomhole.and i make bold to say unequivocally that Obaseki would be disqualified from contesting the apc primaries.Its a pity!!.cos nobody would symphatize with a certificate forger.

What are the discrepancies in his results?

Did you see his ICE result with which he remedied his deficiencies in WAEC?

Tertiary institution rules and system in my time some twenty something years ago is different from what obtains now not to talk of 1970s.

If Oshiomole had gone to school then and not been busy learning how to sew, he would have known that he has absolutely no case with those certificates.

You think Obaseki is stupid to be so bold to tender them even with all the threats?

Very laughable

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by obinoral1179(m): 10:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
youthofnaija:

Please read through the attached image again. APC national chairman and NWC are not in charge of the selection.
they must an exception to this rule because APC don't have a proper board of trustees... So the rule might not stand..

4 Likes

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by Aladdin1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2020
daddytime:

What are the discrepancies in his results?

Did you see his ICE result with which he remedied his deficiencies in WAEC?

Tertiary institution rules and system in my time some twenty something years ago is different from what obtains now not to talk of 1970s.

If Oshiomole had gone to school then and not been busy learning how to sew, he would have known that he has absolutely no case with those certificates.

You think Obaseki is stupid to be so bold to tender them even with all the threats?

Very laughable
You have just explained the basis for which oshiomhole would use to disqualify obaseki.if he wont tender the documents for forensic analysis then its taken that he has something to hide.its all a game plan.

3 Likes

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by Centcanada: 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Was there any screening committee at the first tenure when he was in power? Now that oshomole had paid some bunch of idiot to screen Obaseki and now he wants to speak on it. Nonsense country!

3 Likes

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by muffyt05: 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2020
Obaseki really messed up with the wrong guys. You can imagine going up against the people who manipulated electoral due process to make you a governor, surely, the same people will know your Achilles's heel. I was even thinking the Direct primary was the only game changer for Oshiomole, but with this kangaroo arrangements, where the party's NWC is acting as the Supreme Court, headed by the same nemesis(Oshiomole), Obaseki should just take a bow and learn from Ambode, even though he left that option too late

7 Likes

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by Benwallt(m): 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2020
martineverest:
then Edo becomes PDP state... Edo would rather have Fulani as their governor than have Oshiomhole as godfather
I don't wish for PDP to regain Edo because those ppl are hungry lion now. The manner with which the will drain the treasury cannot be imagined. If we can have a neutral party I myself will vote as for fulani as governor, no! no! no!.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by adekolaelect(m): 10:15pm On Jun 09, 2020
bestman09:
grin

Let the fight continue. Head or tell, I still win, though I would have loved obaseki to win, not because I love him but to disgrace the loudmouth called oshi-omo-ole
confession in advance !!!! A sensible Nigerians should not hate or love politicians by his or her person but their performances.

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by daddytime(m): 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
Aladdin1:
You have just explained the basis for which oshiomhole would use to disqualify obaseki.if he wont tender the documents for forensic analysis then its taken that he has something to hide.its all a game plan.

You sure didn't understand me properly.

There is a reason why Obaseki was so bold to tender his credentials as was pasted at the APC national secretariat yesterday.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by theowane: 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
seanfer:

I'm sure Obaseki didn't read or know about this before listening to those bad advisers of his.... Now that the Party constitution give the Chairman all this power, Oshiomhole will use all the power to the fullest. It's a pity that the so called Investment Mogul is a learner in politics...
I think you are mixing it up. If the constitution I read is correct, Oshiomhole has no powers to constitute a screening committee. It says the NEC will recommend and the BOT will ratify. There is a difference between NEC and NWC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by ngwababe(f): 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
University Dons, lawyers etc, where were they when Buhari contested for presidency? You always hear about them mgbe achoro ịmegide ogbonye.

Mad people everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by moderatedguy: 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2020
youthofnaija:

Nice one enough litigations on the way for OSHIOMHOLE.I forsee the courts nullifying APC primaries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by moderatedguy: 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
Benwallt:
It will get to a point that Obaseki will just walk away by himself. As it is now they give him the load that is not his own. If he gets overwhelmed he will be dead politically and Oshiobaba will gladly sweep his ashes away
Please read

2 Likes

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by youthofnaija: 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2020
I see Obaseki winning APC primaries

3 Likes

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by moderatedguy: 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
obinoral1179:
they must an exception to this rule because APC don't have a proper board of trustees... So the rule might not stand..
The bottom line is that Oshiomholes powers are limited,he does not have the power to set up these committes.

2 Likes

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by DLondonboiy: 11:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
RichDad1:
Obaseki is a political novice.
He talks too much and act less.

If you think obaseki talks too much then you dont know obaseki. Obaseki's edge is that he doesn't talk at all. You are not from Edo, so keep shut.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by Akhigbeblog(m): 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
[s]
Roon9:
Primaries are more important than main election.
Only in my country lipsrsealed

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
funshint:
At this point Obaseki should just walk away....the guy chose a wrong fight.
As in ehn...OshioBaba sabi play politics die. Even Obaseki suppose know say em don 4kup since the time wey em don plan to remove Oshio and e no finally work.

1 Like

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by senatordave1(m): 11:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
moderatedguy:
The bottom line is that Oshiomholes powers are limited,he does not have the power to set up these committes.

Paragraph 14 clearly provides that members shall be
recruited from outside the State of their assignment. Again
paragraph 20 (b) (c) and (d) of the same guidelines
provides as follows:
B. There shall be a 7-member Governorship Election
Committee in each State of the Federation who must
be persons of proven integrity. They will be recruited
from outside the State of their assignment
comprising of a Chairman, Secretary and 5 other
Members. They shall be responsible for the overall
conduct of the exercise in the State.
C. There shall be a 7- member legislative Election
Committee (State House of Assembly, House of
Representatives and Senate) of each State of the
Federation and FCT. They will be recruited from
outside of their State for their assignment, and shall
comprise of a Chairman, Secretary and 5 other
conduct of the exercise in the State and FCT.
D. The membership of the various Electoral
Committees shall be as constituted by the National
Working Committee (acting on behalf of NEC).
Duties of the Committee shall include

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by senatordave1(m): 11:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
theowane:
I think you are mixing it up. If the constitution I read is correct, Oshiomhole has no powers to constitute a screening committee. It says the NEC will recommend and the BOT will ratify. There is a difference between NEC and NWC.

No sir.the supreme court in zamfara clearly read out the guidelines and that very chapter.see below

Paragraph 14 clearly provides that members shall be
recruited from outside the State of their assignment. Again
paragraph 20 (b) (c) and (d) of the same guidelines
provides as follows:
B. There shall be a 7-member Governorship Election
Committee in each State of the Federation who must
be persons of proven integrity. They will be recruited
from outside the State of their assignment
comprising of a Chairman, Secretary and 5 other
conduct of the exercise in the State.
C. There shall be a 7- member legislative Election
Committee (State House of Assembly, House of
Representatives and Senate) of each State of the
Federation and FCT. They will be recruited from
outside of their State for their assignment, and shall
comprise of a Chairman, Secretary and 5 other
conduct of the exercise in the State and FCT.
D. The membership of the various Electoral
Committees shall be as constituted by the National
Working Committee (acting on behalf of NEC).
Duties of the Committee shall include

1 Like

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Edo: APC Enlists University Dons, Lawyers To Screen Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu, Others by boookworm: 11:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ize Iyamu is a goner

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afenifere Accuses Buhari Of Tribal Bigotry Against Igbos / Economic Effect Of A Devaluation Of The Currency on a MonoEconony like Nigeria / Jonathan Unveils Vision For Next Four Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.