Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments (35142 Views)

Comedian Andrew Lawrence Shows Cancelled After Racist Tweets At England Players. / Mario Balotelli Kicks Ball Into Crowd, Walks Off Pitch After Racist Abuse(photos / England Club Players Walk Off Pitch After Racist Abuse From Opponent Fans(Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by victor44843(m): 10:44am On Jun 10, 2020
wow
Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by AmazingMOG: 10:44am On Jun 10, 2020
When will blacks talk about the killings of their fellow blacks?
Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Omotaday(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2020
Nothing racist in what the guy said.

2 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Newboss(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2020
What that guy said is what the average Nigerians say about foreigners working in Nigeria. Same you see in SA.

14 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Grandmeister(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2020
The fan made a point which is too sensitive for the world we live in today...let's not even pretend..most of you will take offence if foreign players are featured more than your home grown talents..heck if there are more northerners than easterners in enyimba fc there will be dissenting voices and vice versa...let's not even pretend here.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by bencarson007(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2020
thariodamaniac:
Omo see knockout.... The club's media manager is on fire

More than a knockout... This is a bomb blast

5 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Joefat: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2020
That's good response from the club... If you stamp me with knife, I'll point my gun at your head and shoot you.. Lobatan
Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by FindX(m): 10:46am On Jun 10, 2020
Most of us didn't get the joke.
Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Risingblue008(m): 10:46am On Jun 10, 2020
White man blood don't count to me,,,,I swear,they r d real devil u hear about

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Gabkosh: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2020
grin Mainz is wicked with that reply. The thing pain the white pig. Black will surely take over.

3 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Imoobot(m): 10:46am On Jun 10, 2020
Join Arsenal na. Thank me lera.

1 Like

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by csamii: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2020
nijabazaar:
Chai...

But let's be sincere, if Enyimba or Rangers should have a line up of Five Chinese, 2 Europeans and three Tunisians will We Nigerians complain?
If and when we complain, will we be tagged Racists?

I'll say that Nigerian league is growing

5 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by foleskay(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2020
That's it. Most whites are racists. Whether they speak against it or not is just for cheap thrills. 8 out of 10 white men hate blacks. It would be better if we blacks start to live with this discrimination. I use to say that, if I was a black playing in Europe and I was racially abused, I won't be buoyed atal as a Nigerian, cos being abused is part of our lifestyle here. If u call me monkey, I'll call you white pig, even jokingly. Let's black players stop being emotional about racial abuse. It won't go in this our generation, let's start overlooking it.

3 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by hahn(m): 10:48am On Jun 10, 2020
nijabazaar:
Chai...

But let's be sincere, if Enyimba or Rangers should have a line up of Five Chinese, 2 Europeans and three Tunisians will We Nigerians complain?

You are taking it too far.

If Eyimba should have a line up of 5 Yorubas, 2 Yorubas and 3 Warri people will Igbos not complain?

7 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by skyfather09(m): 10:48am On Jun 10, 2020
thariodamaniac:
Omo see knockout.... The club's media manager is on fire
the guy that replied the racist is another black man...
Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Elove1: 10:49am On Jun 10, 2020
nijabazaar:
Chai...

No be lie brother, let's call a spade a spade

16 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Karlifate: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2020
The fan is a bitter person. He should set up his/her own Football club that only takes "white" players.
Such a f**lish sombori.

3 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by jrusky(m): 10:50am On Jun 10, 2020
Its the baddest Salvage of all time. I hope the goat won't commit suicide las las reading this atomic bomb salvage response.
Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by messiah(m): 10:51am On Jun 10, 2020
He does have a point though.

4 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by PastorFire: 10:52am On Jun 10, 2020
Given the heat of George Floyd, this is the wrong time to make any statement even remotely related to racism. America's police departments will avoid blacks for now.

2 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by AGBAJE33: 10:53am On Jun 10, 2020
WriterNig:
Mainz 05 have released an official statement to express their pleasure after a fan cancelled his membership with the club, after he made racist statements.

In a notice shared with the Bundesliga side, the aforementioned individual accused his club for using an excessive number of black players.

Read the former member's notice published on the club's official website.

"For several months now I have been unable to identify myself with this club (professional football),"

"I've since gotten the impression that I'm at the Africa Cup, instead of the German Bundesliga.
shame
"I know what's coming, but no - I'm not racist in any way. I resent that. But, too much is enough.

"But when the starting line-up for the past weeks has featured nine (!!!) Black players and German talents are being given fewer and fewer chances of their own, then this is no longer the club that has been near and dear to my heart over all these years."

Mainz 05 savagely replies fan: " Not every cancelled membership is a cause for concern, sometimes we're relieved."

The club described the argument as unacceptable and noted that, although they normally try to convince members against cancelling their memberships, in the current case they will not mourn his decision.

"All that matters to us, is that someone is human and that they share in our values," Mainz declared.

"Those are the kinds of people we welcome in our community.

"In light of this, we welcome your cancellation as the reasons you've given clearly prove that you do not share those values that our club is based on."

https://www.goal.com/en/news/mainz-hit-back-at-racist-fan-who-cancelled-membership-because-of-/d970ragd1boc1w67vzsimdcad
Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 10, 2020
The fan, for all his racism , made a vital point.

Clubs are supposed to , at least in principle develop home grown talent first, then foreigners a distant second.

The problem is , most clubs aborad want to win, and win now, and if cheap foreign talent does it for them , they go ahead and buy cheap foreign talent, ànd development of home based suffers.

Also, clubs like Mainz provide future and current players for the German national team. Less home based players playing can impact negatively on the national team.

Finally, all these African players going abroad means our home based leagues suffer in quality

10 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by raphy(m): 10:53am On Jun 10, 2020
all the African players who enter.there via libya and other route are the.real star players in French.ligue 1. imagine African players winning the world cup for France.France is still my country..african Is.my island.

racist will.be eliminated
soon on earth.like Ebola.

1 Like

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Elove1: 10:53am On Jun 10, 2020
csamii:

I'll say that Nigerian league is growing

Lia Mohammed
Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by optimusprime2(m): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2020
Ice water... grin
Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by kay9(m): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2020
Imagine if 75% of players in your fav Nigerian Premier League club were Lebanese or Indian immigrants , while plenty Nigerian talents can't find clubs. It is not an easy thing to get used to, when immigrants seem to be getting the best of choice slots in your own country while natural-born nationals seem not to. That's why lots of white Americans voted in Trump - he promised to chase out "illegal" immigrants who were supposedly "stealing" American jobs. Even in Naija here, we quickly get furious when a "non-indigene" gets something the so-called "indigenes" want. So let's think well before calling that fan a racist; we will probably do/say worse if it were in Nigeria here.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2020
BunsenBurner:
The talented German players all go to the bigger clubs.We are all one
Pls nairalanders. Please forgive me.But pls if you can still help me out.In your mercy 500 or 1k will save my life right now.Ive tried to get help all to no avail.Im a jobseeker.Everyday I search where I used to work before and new places but no hope .Pls save me.Pls save me from lack and hunger.If I pls see anything even 500.Ill look for pos or bank that discharges it.Pls save me.Gtb 0176-556-777.Pls help my life I have no where to run to.

lazy man!
go carry block or you mix cement for building site

8 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by slysteel: 10:55am On Jun 10, 2020
WriterNig:
Mainz 05 have released an official statement to express their pleasure after a fan cancelled his membership with the club, after he made racist statements.

In a notice shared with the Bundesliga side, the aforementioned individual accused his club for using an excessive number of black players.

Read the former member's notice published on the club's official website.

"For several months now I have been unable to identify myself with this club (professional football),"

"I've since gotten the impression that I'm at the Africa Cup, instead of the German Bundesliga.

"I know what's coming, but no - I'm not racist in any way. I resent that. But, too much is enough.

"But when the starting line-up for the past weeks has featured nine (!!!) Black players and German talents are being given fewer and fewer chances of their own, then this is no longer the club that has been near and dear to my heart over all these years."

Mainz 05 savagely replies fan: " Not every cancelled membership is a cause for concern, sometimes we're relieved."

The club described the argument as unacceptable and noted that, although they normally try to convince members against cancelling their memberships, in the current case they will not mourn his decision.

"All that matters to us, is that someone is human and that they share in our values," Mainz declared.

"Those are the kinds of people we welcome in our community.

"In light of this, we welcome your cancellation as the reasons you've given clearly prove that you do not share those values that our club is based on."

https://www.goal.com/en/news/mainz-hit-back-at-racist-fan-who-cancelled-membership-because-of-/d970ragd1boc1w67vzsimdcad
Well,i understand his point,but if those blacks were born there then nothing he can do about it but if they are all foreigners then what happens to local players?

1 Like

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by lucasalves: 10:57am On Jun 10, 2020
elganzar:
lol, na only PSG I sabi for their league

I understand the fan's concern though...it's like white people taking over Eyinmba, who no go talk

NINE!! Nitori Oloun

Educate yourself because some of those black players have German citizenship therefore makes them as German as any other German. The league has a quota for the number of German players every club must have on their matchday squad.. it's no one's fault those white German players couldn't make the first team sheet.

4 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 10, 2020
Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by hucienda: 10:57am On Jun 10, 2020
In reality, what the fan said, if reverse is the case in Nigeria, there would be people who will still voice same obvious concerns. Does it not mean, by this club's definition, that those Nigerians are also racists?

Racism and tribalism are seemingly on the rise no doubt but that fan raised a genuine concern for his club as a local.

4 Likes

Re: Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 10, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:

lazy man!
go carry block or you mix cement for building site

Covid has hampered a lot of building projects especially in areas with strict lockdown rules

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Biggest Free Agents In Football This Summer / Champions League Round Of 16 Qualifiers, Records (Photo) / Gernot Rohr Releases Eagles' Squad For Nigeria Vs Zambia Match (See Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.