Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:26 AM

663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) (61462 Views)

779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) / 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) / 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by MansoryMX(m): 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
BAZ001:
Chai this number heavy

But how did corona spread from Lagos to other states in Nigeria despite inter state ban?
Could it be that the virus was already in Nigeria before February?

With all wike actions & demolition of hotel Rivers no gree slow down.

Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 10, 2020
References:

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1270487183942660097?s=19

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1270488222980804609?s=19

https://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/

Scamdemic! This unique Nigerian version of covid19 has come to stay in Nigeria just like Boko Haram. Governors will be using covid19 ATM to embezzle just as FG is using Boko Haram ATM to embezzle tax payers money. We should continue to expect higher and higher fake figures as the day after day. Governors have found their own ATM too.

My appeal to you our ever corrupt politicians and civil servants is to release us and open up the economy. You are smiling to the bank every day while citizens are dying of avoidable hunger and you are still calling it Corona virus deaths.

Repent or receive terrible judgement too much for you and your family. You can continue to scam us but please remove the unnecessary restrictions.. Plandemic!
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by MadamExcellency: 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2020
Is Africa a country?
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by Sheriman(m): 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2020
You mean if NIGERIA is a country
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by Babatunde7109(m): 4:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
Investnow2017:

Fantastic opinion and observation. True talk there. For me, lockdown means nothing at this stage, as the earlier ones were squandered. Effort should be made at this point for everyone to learn or be taught how to live with this virus. For how long can any nation really lockdown?
But the government has to work hard to fight the spectre of the widespread doubts and ignorance around this pandemic. The secretiveness with which the pandemic is being managed breeds distrust and mistrust, and it creates loud rooms for unfounded speculations and theories. People want to see what is going INSIDE the isolation centres. This is a pandemic. Whatever ethics forbid that does not hold under the circumstances. Laws were made for man and not man for law. All those excuses of it is against medical ethics is unacceptable. Enough is enough. We all cannot troop down to the centres to see for ourselves, why do we have electronic media?

You are right, my brother!

Plus, they should start removing the numbers of recovered and death cases from the total active cases; we need to know what we really have in stock. They should spare us all these artificial fear-creation because at this point in time, we don't need it. We really don't.
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by safarigirl(f): 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Investnow2017:

Really. Can I see the link please. Waiting thanks.
it wasn't 222 from Sokoto, it wass 101, an error.

There was a state that discharged over 200 recently though.

The numbers have not added up, and are not tallying with NCDC.

https://www.nairaland.com/5907381/sokoto-discharges-all-101-covid-19

This is the Sokoto own

Modified:
https://www.nairaland.com/5912244/jigawa-discharges-222-covid-19-patients

It Was Jigawa. It has not reflected with NCDC numbers
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by Webdesigner121: 5:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
To get a website/App (android and IOS) or promote your services Contact details is in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk0mskFBmpw
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by Investnow2017: 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2020
safarigirl:
it wasn't 222 from Sokoto, it wass 101, an error.

There was a state that discharged over 200 recently though.

The numbers have not added up, and are not tallying with NCDC.

https://www.nairaland.com/5907381/sokoto-discharges-all-101-covid-19

This is the Sokoto own

Modified:
https://www.nairaland.com/5912244/jigawa-discharges-222-covid-19-patients

It Was Jigawa. It has not reflected with NCDC numbers

Fine. Take your time and reread that news article again. Is there anywhere it is mentioned that all 222 were discharged in ONE DAY Read it this time slowly and comprehensively. Waiting for your feedback cheesy
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by Androidlic: 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2020
Arrrhh
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by amrichy(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
murmee:
We will never have that kind of death in Nigeria. Stop believing NCDC figures. Those numbers are NOT TRUE. Other illnesses were killing people in Nigeria before Coronavirus arrived and deaths from other ailments would continue to happen with or without Coronavirus. NCDC should continue to roll out Fake numbers but Nigerians have moved on!
What gives you the assurance that we will never have that kind of mortality in Nigeria?
How do you know NCDC figures are not true?
Just try to find out the number of cases and deaths many other countries have recorded (countries that are more organized and have far lesser population) and you'll realize that the NCDC figures are most probably much lower than what the actual figures would be if enough testing is done.
I should advise you to stop believing everything you hear everyone rumouring and making baseless conclusions. Coronavirus pandemic is real and it kills people!
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by safarigirl(f): 8:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
Investnow2017:

Fine. Take your time and reread that news article again. Is there anywhere it is mentioned that all 222 were discharged in ONE DAY Read it this time slowly and comprehensively. Waiting for your feedback cheesy

I have not read the articles at all, just saw the post.

Point taken.
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by Investnow2017: 8:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
safarigirl:

I have not read the articles at all, just saw the post.

Point taken.

Your sincerity is appreciated. It's always very good to read comprehensively to understand. If you read with a mindset, you will surely understand and believe what your mind makes up, not necessarily the message conveyed.
The news article was a report of the number of recoveries overtime since the pandemic hit Jigawa. All 222 recoveries did not happen in one day.
It is like what was reported about Anambra deaths today. The deaths happened over time but a lot of folks hurriedly believed that all 9 deaths happened today - and started making comments - just because they are already in doubt of the existence of Covid-19 in our society cheesy It's always good to take the time to read, understand before making a comment. That said, the pandemic is real, and I believe the figures being ditched out because I know the cases are as many if not even more than that in Nigeria.
Let me tell you why I so believe.
Health workers are the worst spreaders of this virus.
Most health workers do not have or use personal protective equipment PPE. And many Nigerians do not believe in Covid-19 and thus do not care about observing any form of protective measures. And since this is the case many with symptoms patronise private or large government hospitals even when they have symptoms. This is the setting. Now let us proceed and observe a typical working day in a busy hospital.
A patient visits with complaint of malaria. They run a malaria test and it is ++. The doctor prescribes the drug, meanwhile the patient's temp has been taken, and the patient goes home. Meanwhile, that patient is a Covid-19 carrier, unknown to herself, the doctor, the nurse and the lab guy that attended to her. The same doctor and nurse who were already exposed to that carrier attend to say 30 patients a day.
Soon it is discovered that the first patient is Covid-19 positive. Can you see the level of spread? The health workers might have unknowingly spread it to the 30 patients who have in turn gone home to spread same. The doctor goes home and spread, the nurse as well. The public transport they probably use nko?
Look, the worst spreaders of this virus are health-workers - doctors, nurses, lab attendants. And NCDC has reported that no fewer than 800 health workers have tested positive for this virus and some of course have died. Can you imagine the number of persons (innocent patients they had attended to) they must have infected? This is why and how it spreads rapidly anywhere. The truth is that NCDC lacks the capacity to handle the pandemic, they are just playing for time pending when a vaccine will be released. Coronavirus is very real, and it is spreading wildly and widely grin
Interestingly, most cases in Nigeria, as in most countries in the tropical zone, are mild to moderate which actually do not need hospitalization.
Let me know what you think about my position here so analyzed.
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
they have to end this politics and let people go back to their normal life we are tired ..please ncdc business group end this novel even though jamb may use it in 2021 to replace sweet sixteenth don't quote me please
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by faibru: 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Oh my God. Who did we offend. With this massive increase in cases, I dont expect the FG to allow any further movement.

A total lockdown of Two months should be enforced in all states. Everyone to remain inside his house.

People should stock their homes fully and all remain indoors. This is the only way this Pandemic could be defeated.

I call on the FG as a matter of urgency to lockdown the country indefinitely till further notice.

We are in big trouble in Nigeria and the FG lifting all bans and allowing its citizens suffer from this deadly virus.

I condemn it, I condemn it, I condemn it and urge all Nigerians to rise up to their voices and call for an indefinite lockdown till further notice.

Enough is enough now.

You are really a zombie. ...and I have noticed you like odd comments
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by mrkings84(m): 9:43am On Jun 11, 2020
Plead:

Lol why didn’t this god protect Christians in Brazil and Italy from contracting and dying from the virus?
God doesn’t exist my friend.

Probably those are not God's children or..,.
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by Onlyfrozenjim(m): 12:54am On Jun 14, 2020
opebiboy:
smelling mouth. How many people do you personally know that have died of HIV or cancer?

boss for your info, my uncle's wife died of cancer last year,

my neighbors daughter died of HIV many years ago

so shut the Bleep up
Re: 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) by lixingxing: 7:47am On Jun 17, 2020
Every day we learn a little more about how the devastation of the COVID-19 pandemic has fallen more heavily on black Americans, as researchers examine unequal death rates and discuss how policy decisions are shaping the virus’s disparate toll.

Coronavirus
Coverage of the COVID-19 pandemic, criminal justice and immigration.
RELATED STORIES
Is Child Abuse Really Rising During The Pandemic?
Shining a Light on Life Behind Bars
A State-by-State Look at Coronavirus in Prisons
But when it comes to prisons—which have emerged as catalysts for the virus’ spread—we are mostly flying blind.This month, The Marshall Project asked prison officials from all 50 states and the federal government for the races of people in prisons tested for, diagnosed with or killed by COVID-19. Forty-three prison agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Prisons, could not or would not provide this information. “We are simply not organizing data in that manner currently,” said a spokesperson in New Hampshire. One in Kansas wrote in an email, "We do not have plans to release any additional demographics other than their rough age (over the age of 50, 60, etc.) and gender.” Nine agencies did not respond at all to repeated requests. Only Vermont provided all of the data we asked for. Michigan gave us some, while six states—Delaware, Maine, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee and West Virginia—gave us a little. We asked several epidemiologists to react to these limited glimpses.Monik Jiménez, an epidemiologist at Harvard Medical School, called the failure to capture this data “another form of structural racism.” Without such breakdowns, she explained, officials are unable to plan or to find “culturally relevant interventions” such as Spanish-language education on social distancing. They also can’t respond to higher rates of pre-existing health conditions among black prisoners, such as high blood pressure and diabetes. It is impossible to know if some of these states are failing to track the data, or simply refusing to make it public. Officials in a few states told our reporters they would need to file public records requests, although a Texas official said the request would likely be denied. New Jersey refused our request, while New York told us to wait until August for a response. But the limited data available suggest that while black people are more likely to contract COVID-19, as well as die from the virus, outside prisons, they may be even more likely to do so behind bars. Consider Michigan, one of the only states that has tested every single prisoner for COVID-19. Black residents comprise just 14 percent of the state’s overall population, but roughly half of the state’s prisoners. (Michigan does not keep up-to-date statistics about race in its prison population, but in 2018 put this figure at 53 percent.) When COVID-19 swept several of the state’s prisons, it hit black prisoners even worse than black residents outside prison: By Thursday, 48 percent of prisoners who had died were black, compared with 40 percent of people who died in the state overall. “There is a bottlenecking happening,” said Barun Mathema, an epidemiologist at Columbia University. “People of color are being incarcerated at far higher rates than their counterparts, while neighborhoods that are economically or politically disenfranchised will also have an accumulation” of health factors that make them more vulnerable to COVID-19.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Living With Aquagenic Priuritus (After-Bath Body Itch) / Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos / I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.