Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal (22581 Views)

Iran’s Nuclear Site Hit By Earthquake Of 4.9 Magnitude / Obama’s Reaction To Donald Trump Pulling Out Of The Iranian Nuclear Deal / BREAKING!!..Trump Pulls Out Of Nuclear Deal With Iran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by dermmy(m): 6:50am On Jun 10, 2020
BRUSSELS - The European Union's top diplomat said Tuesday that since the United States has already withdrawn from an international agreement curbing Iran's nuclear ambitions, it can't now use its former membership of the pact to try to impose a permanent arms embargo on the Islamic Republic.

The accord, which Iran signed with the U.S., Britain, Germany, France, China and Russia in 2015, has been unraveling since President Donald Trump pulled Washington out in 2018 and reinstated sanctions designed to cripple Tehran under what the U.S. called a "maximum pressure" campaign.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Kelly Craft have said that extending a permanent U.N. backed arms embargo against Iran is now a top priority for Washington.

But speaking to reporters Tuesday after talks with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi, EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell insisted that since the U.S. has pulled out of the nuclear deal, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, it can no longer claim to have a role in it.

"The United States has withdrawn from the JCPOA, and now they cannot claim that they are still part of the JCPOA in order to deal with this issue from the JCPOA agreement. They withdraw. It's clear. They withdraw," Borrell said.

On Monday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov accused the Trump administration of unleashing a politically motivated campaign against Iran and he called for "universal condemnation" of the U.S. attempt to get the U.N. Security Council to impose a permanent arms embargo.

The EU sees the nuclear deal as a key pillar of regional and world security and has struggled to keep the pact alive despite U.S. pressure. Borrell is tasked with supervising the way the pact is applied and to help resolve disputes between the parties.

Source: https://www.voanews.com/middle-east/voa-news-iran/eu-rejects-any-us-attempt-invoke-iran-nuclear-deal

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by Abfinest007(m): 6:53am On Jun 10, 2020
report card

6 Likes

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by Antiochus(m): 7:05am On Jun 10, 2020
This news sweet me die. The EU has woken up. America thinks every country has to bow to her now that her allies are against her on this Iran issue their eyes go clear.

160 Likes 12 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by dermmy(m): 7:11am On Jun 10, 2020
Antiochus:
This news sweet me die. The EU has woken up. America thinks every country has to bow to her now that her allies are against her on this Iran issue their eyes go clear.

Yes America has isolated herself. A country that thrives on unilateralism. Russia and China are poised to veto any arms embargo that uncle sam is pushing for. Let's see how uncle same is going to impose her own unilateral and indefinite arms embargo on Iran. grin grin

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by dermmy(m): 7:21am On Jun 10, 2020
Unilateralism is not helping America

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by dermmy(m): 7:24am On Jun 10, 2020
What are your views @

Efewestern
kemicalreact
Whyem15
Zoharariel
Elpacino481

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by espn(m): 7:30am On Jun 10, 2020
Nice one...Cocky trump is confused...

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by FlordFlorez(m): 7:52am On Jun 10, 2020
Lets see how they'd play it out.
Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by kemicalreact: 8:08am On Jun 10, 2020
EU's decision is inconsequential. Most of Iran arms procurement would be from China and Russia, both countries can easily veto UN's decision to place a permanent arms embargo on Iran.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by yanabasee1(m): 8:22am On Jun 10, 2020
EU wants to try it's luck with US, their main backbone (British) made them had horns back then.....

I hope it survived this war.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by Efewestern: 8:23am On Jun 10, 2020
kemicalreact:
EU's decision is inconsequential. Most of Iran arms procurement would be from China and Russia, both countries can easily veto UN's decision to place a permanent arms embargo on Iran.

Iran's president already talked about this just recently, Trump's pulling out of the nuclear deal was a bad idea, I guess they never saw this coming or they just wanted to score some cheap points.

Russia already indicated that they'd veto any further embargo on the Islamic republic.

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by kemicalreact: 8:53am On Jun 10, 2020
Efewestern:

Iran's president already talked about this just recently, Trump's pulling out of the nuclear deal was a bad idea, I guess they never saw this coming or they just wanted to score some cheap points.

Russia already indicated that they'd veto any further embargo on the Islamic republic.
On the brighter side, I think the EU is starting to call America's bluff, I guess Trump's hostile relationship with them is responsible for this.

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by Olominira(m): 10:08am On Jun 10, 2020
kemicalreact:
On the brighter side, I think the EU is starting to call America's bluff, I guess Trump's hostile relationship with them is responsible for this.
Trump generally lacks basic understanding of how simple things work in politics, both local and int'l. I wonder if he has or listens to advice and intelligent reports.

He likes to confront and bully everyone either friends or foes. He also likes to hurt people with words even when it's unnecessary. In all honesty, nothing shows any trace of intelligence in him. The question is how did he become president?

185 Likes 20 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by seunfly: 11:05am On Jun 10, 2020
ok
Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by GrammarNazi1(m): 11:05am On Jun 10, 2020
espn:
Nice one...Cocky trump is confused...
...Trump...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by WaywardSon(m): 11:05am On Jun 10, 2020
Antiochus:
lol it's funny you guys think US allies are against the US. You don't have knowledge about the decades long alliance between America and Europe. Forget this talks in the end what Iran wants is Economic sanctions to be lifted and the weight of USA sanctions can NEVER be remedied even by a host of Nations like EU. They can keep buying arms from Russia and China lol by the time they hit economic rock bottom the people may revolt and enact regime change which is something the US is happy with.

Efewestern:

what deal? You mean the worst deal of all time lol. Obama gave these guys hundreds of billions of dollars through executive privilege. No Congress. And after all that money and lifting of sanctions they weren't any guarantees that Iran wasn't gonna stop enriching uranium and also stop their sponsorships of chaos and militias in the middle east! These guys have been sponsoring Hezbollah and Houthi rebels in Yemen for decades now. Trump's impulsiveness is what made him order the killing of Soleimani who has been on Bush and Obama's watchlist since but it was only gonna take a man with guts to pull the trigger. Iran is not yet ready to breathe, its so fucccing easy, stop being a fucccing nuisance!!

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 11:05am On Jun 10, 2020
Good for US, dem too dey smart. We still dey wait on covid 19 cure o. Breeze dn blow, fowl yansh dn open, US ain't shit na only for hollywood movies dem tey dey do anyhow.

With that useless orange idiot Trump wey no know he right from he left. Dey smart say he wan shoot protestors but when dem reach e doormot na im run go hide for bunker ewu coward...no know why Nigerian people like that guy

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by JerryLegend(m): 11:06am On Jun 10, 2020
EU too wants to show power. I trust Trump, he will soon sanction them grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by tillaman(m): 11:06am On Jun 10, 2020
Screw the US of A, Who made them the head prefect??
I only came here to read what Zoharariel has to say

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by Slawormir: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Antiochus:
You must be a real niggarrr

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by osamz007: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2020
THEIR NUCLEAR DEAL THEIR BUSINESS

WHEN WILL BUHARI LIFT THIS LOCKDOWN

1 Like

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by eleojo23: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2020
America should tread carefully.

They cannot eat their cake and have it.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by pansophist(m): 11:07am On Jun 10, 2020
dermmy:

Yes America has isolated herself. A country that thrives on unilateralism let's see how they are going to impose their own unilateral and indefinite arms embargo on Iran. grin grin

Don't be too hopeful. A little threat of economic sanctions from Trump will pressure Europe to give in. EU is a vassal state to the US still cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2020
Isokay... But let's talk abt Aba bad roads first.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by Onebyonedead: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2020
USA are the no 1 terrorist

The whole world can see now

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by seunny4lif(m): 11:07am On Jun 10, 2020
EU will obey USA later
It’s not new

If USA should impose sanctions on any company doing business with Iran, EU will cave in big time because unlike Russia and China, EU need USA to survive.
EU abandoned stream 2 pipes from Russia to Germany because of USA sanctions but Russia has her own pipes layer ship.
Russia will continue with the project

12 Likes

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by pansophist(m): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2020
Antiochus:

its American exceptionalism. I await the day the EU can stand up to Washington in the same fashion as Beijing, Moscow, Tehran, and Damascus does.

8 Likes

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by Golan007: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2020
Wait for it...
grin
Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by hucienda: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2020
True. You can't have your cake and eat it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by Galactico4ever(m): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2020
He might sound stupid sometimes,but TRUMP is bigger than all of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal by Xisnin(m): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2020
This is what happens when you elect a buffon.
Trump never ever thinks about the consequences of his actions or the future.
He is concerned about only the "now".
I don't blame him most of his supporters are too dumb to care about the future either.

28 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gambian Government’s Website Features Barrow As President / Donald Trump: Physicians Start Remdesivir Therapy / Malawi Officially Suspends Anti-homosexuality Laws.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.