Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Like Diezani, Like Hushpuppi - The African Greed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Like Diezani, Like Hushpuppi - The African Greed (309 Views)

Diezani: EFCC To Collaborate With UK Prosecutors In $2.5bn Fraud Case / Like Hushpuppi, Popular Nigerian IG Boy Bamidele Muraina Jailed For Fraud In US / Meet Raymond Igbalodely (hushpuppi)- The International Yahoo Boy(Fraudster) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Like Diezani, Like Hushpuppi - The African Greed by Chris525: 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2020
The African greed will forever be an enigma to me. You'd think its the hardship & poverty but even the wealthy are players in the game. This greed features all over Africa & even black countries outside Africa. Its got to be something in our DNA. We just dont know when to stop.

Diezani could have stolen 'just' N10B -that'll be easy to conceal in the books. 8% on a fix deposit is N800M every year for life! what did she do? £12M UK house, Greed!
Hushpuppi exaggerates his wealth but with his lifestyle, he could have amassed N300M & left the game but what did he do? $35M scam, Greed! A certain Otunba Cash was wealthy. He could have done same but no. I dont know what became of his €1+M scam case in Turkey.
Obiwanne comes to mind. At over N1B worth, he was clean & a toast of Forbes. What did he do? £11M scam, Greed!

The African greed is Africa's biggest curse.

NB: I dont support crime but I'm a realist. Without a proper system to check corruption in govt. & no jobs for the youths what do you expect?
Re: Like Diezani, Like Hushpuppi - The African Greed by Odion2016(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2020
Obiwanne made his money through scam in the first place..Forbes put him on the radar of the FBI..
Re: Like Diezani, Like Hushpuppi - The African Greed by Chris525: 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2020
Odion2016:
Obiwanne made his money through scam in the first place..Forbes put him on the radar of the FBI..

Of course he was a scammer along but he was able to appear clean & even got a forbes award for it.

Forbes recognition was a couple of years back. The deal that did him in was after that, I read the charge sheet, its on the web. My point is if he had stayed away from fraud after the forbes thing, he would have ran away with his crimes.

(1) (Reply)

‘miracle Pastor’ Caught Burying Charms In Someone’s House In Cross River (photo) / FBI Gives Details Of Most Wanted Nigerian Criminal / Lady Narrates How She Found Love On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.