Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

The Unforgivable Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Unforgivable Sin (272 Views)

Why Is It Unforgivable To Sin Against The Holy Spirit / What Is The Blasphemy Against The Holy Spirit, The Unforgivable Sin? / Is Suicide Unforgivable Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unforgivable Sin by davidinchrist(m): 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
We must beware of committing sins by speaking evil of others behind their backs. Especially of believers and true servants of God; and there by opposing the TRUTH.

Heb.10.28 - Anyone who has REJECTED Moses' law dies WITHOUT mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Hebrews 10:31 KJV
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

It's better to keep QUIET than to OPPOSE the truth.

However, some Religious Men tried to accuse and oppose Jesus, and he said:

Matt.12.32 - Anyone who SPEAKS a word against the Son of Man, it will be FORGIVEN him; BUT whoever SPEAKS AGAINST the Holy Spirit, it will NOT be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

The sin against the Holy Spirit is when a person's heart is so hardened that he/she NO LONGER WANT TO REPENT. Which may lead to evil speaking of the Holy Spirit; speaking evil of the truth, and other sins.

God will hand us over to our lusts if we refuse stop conscious sins:

Rom.1.28 - And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a DEBASED MIND, to do uthose things which are not fitting;

Heb.10.26 - For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there NO LONGER remains a SACRIFICE for sins,

Hebrews 10:27 KJV
But a CERTAIN fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall DEVOUR the adversaries.

So, a person knows he's blasphemed the Holy Spirit when he doesn't WANT to turn to Jesus, and stop sinning.

Although, as Jesus EXPOSED the lies of great Religious Men of his time, we should seriously avoid and expose lies and deception of Men/Church to help people from going astray. But not by NAMING NAMES publicly, abusing or insulting them, and trying to drag them to the mud:

2 Timothy 4:2-3 KJV
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. [3] For the time WILL COME WHEN THEY WILL NOT ENDURE "sound doctrine"; BUT after their OWN LUSTS shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Matt.12.31 - "Therefore I say to you, EVERY SIN and blasphemy WILL be forgiven men, BUT the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.

Finally:

1 John 4:1 KJV
Beloved, BELIEVE NOT every spirit, but TRY the spirits WHETHER they are of God: because MANY FALSE PROPHETS are "gone out" into the World.

May the Lord Jesus bless you.

2 Likes

Re: The Unforgivable Sin by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2020
davidinchrist:
We must beware of committing sins by speaking evil of others behind their backs. Especially of believers and true servants of God; and there by opposing the TRUTH.
This is not unforgivable sin.
davidinchrist:
Heb.10.28 - Anyone who has REJECTED Moses' law dies WITHOUT mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
The law of two or three witnesses is as below from the Old Covenant.

Deuteronomy 19 vs 15
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. If someone is accused of doing something against the law, one witness is not enough to prove that the person is guilty. There must be two or three witnesses to prove that the person really did wrong.
The law of two or three witnesses in cases needed death sentences.

Deuteronomy 17 vs 5-7
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. you must punish the person who did this evil thing. You must take that man or woman out to a public place near the city gates and kill them with stones.
6. But no one should be punished with death if only one witness says that person did that evil thing. But if two or three witnesses say it is true, the person must be killed.
7. The witnesses must throw the first stones to kill that person. Then the other people should throw stones to finish killing that person. In this way you will remove this evil from your group.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by Kobojunkie: 11:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
davidinchrist:
However, some Religious Men tried to accuse and oppose Jesus, and he said:

Matt.12.32 - Anyone who SPEAKS a word against the Son of Man, it will be FORGIVEN him; BUT whoever SPEAKS AGAINST the Holy Spirit, it will NOT be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

The sin against the Holy Spirit is when a person's heart is so hardened that he/she NO LONGER WANT TO REPENT. Which may lead to evil speaking of the Holy Spirit; speaking evil of the truth, and other sins.
The sin against the Spirit of God can be seen in the example of what happened to Ananias and Saphira.

Acts 5 vs 1-12 (ERV)
1. There was a man named Ananias. His wife’s name was Sapphira. Ananias sold some land he had,
2. but he gave only part of the money to the apostles. He secretly kept some of the money for himself. His wife knew this, and she agreed with it.
3. Peter said, “Ananias, why did you let Satan fill your mind with such an idea? You kept part of the money for yourself and lied about it to the Holy Spirit!
4. Before you sold the field, it belonged to you, right? And even after you sold it, you could have used the money any way you wanted. How could you even think of doing such a thing? You lied to God, not to us!”
5-6. When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. [/b]Some young men came and wrapped his body. They carried it out and buried it. And everyone who heard about this was filled with fear.

[b] 7.
About three hours later his wife came in. Sapphira did not know about what had happened to her husband.
8. Peter said to her, “Tell me how much money you got for your field. Was it this much?”
Sapphira answered, “Yes, that was all we got for the field.”

9. Peter said to her, “Why did you and your husband agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! Do you hear those footsteps? The men who buried your husband are at the door. They will carry you out in the same way.”
10. At that moment Sapphira fell down by his feet and died. [/b]The young men came in and saw that she was dead. They carried her out and buried her beside her husband.
[b] 11.
The whole church and all the other people who heard about this were filled with fear.
They were immediately eliminated for lying against the Spirit of God. They were given little chance to repent of their act. It follows that for one to lie against the Spirit of God in this many, the Spirit of God has to be on that person in some way.

davidinchrist:
So, a person knows he's blasphemed the Holy Spirit when he doesn't WANT to turn to Jesus, and stop sinning.
The second example is King Herod who was reduced to a pile of worms by the Spirit of God for taking glory from God upon Himself. Kings in Israel are annointed, and the annointing meant the Spirit of God was placed upon them. So, I believe that explains why Herod was punished in the way that He was. Not that Herod was not himself a man full of sins.

Acts12 vs 19-23 (ERV)
19. Later, Herod moved from Judea. He went to the city of Caesarea and stayed there a while.
20. Herod was very angry with the people from the cities of Tyre and Sidon. But these cities needed food from his country, so a group of them came to ask him for peace. They were able to get Blastus, the king’s personal servant, on their side.

21. Herod decided on a day to meet with them. On that day he was wearing a beautiful royal robe. He sat on his throne and made a speech to the people.
22. The people shouted, “This is the voice of a god, not a man!”
23. Herod did not give the glory to God. So an angel of the Lord caused him to get sick. He was eaten by worms inside him, and he died.

1 Like

Re: The Unforgivable Sin by davidinchrist(m): 4:00am On Jun 11, 2020
Kobojunkie:
This is not unforgivable sin.
The law of two or three witnesses is as below from the Old Covenant.

The law of two or three witnesses in cases needed death sentences.

Friend, stop wasting your time. You didn't EVEN get the message just like sometimes before too. IF you still wish to reread a bit carefully later, then take not of the HOWEVER in the fifth paragraph.

Moreover, you don't NEED to agree, mention or even read my posts. If you've noticed that my messages do not dance to your tune, do well to look for others that do. I seek to glorify Jesus not Men/Church, nor even myself.

Like I said before, I can only engage in discussions with anyone for edification or building up, NOT for argument or debating.

And it's quite pathetic the way you keep jumping around "majoring" on Minors, instead of Majors.

Now, here is the major thing: are you born again or saved yet? Do you love Jesus with ALL your heart, strength and might? Do you love your neighbours? Do you keep and obey the words of Jesus according to Matt. Mark, Luke and John, and NOT living in conscious Sins? Do you love Jesus above all things, even your own life?

Philippians 2:12-13 KJV
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your OWN salvation with Fear and Trembling. [13] For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

I doubt it, though, but if Yes, then you're a disciple of Jesus. But if not, like I think, please forget your present works, start seeking Jesus and his righteousness first.

Don't mind my long writing, but I may never respond to you if you do not humble and examine yourself first.

Matthew 3:8 KJV
Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Alright,

Goodbye.
Re: The Unforgivable Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:06am On Jun 11, 2020
davidinchrist:
Friend, stop wasting your time. You didn't EVEN get the message just like sometimes before too. IF you still wish to reread a bit carefully later, then take not of the HOWEVER in the fifth paragraph.
Moreover, you don't NEED to agree, mention or even read my posts. If you've noticed that my messages do not dance to your tune, do well to look for others that do. I seek to glorify Jesus not Men/Church, nor even myself.
Like I said before, I can only engage in discussions with anyone for edification or building up, NOT for argument or debating.
Given that the posts on this forum are open to comments from members of the registered public, expect my comments to show up even on threads created by your person. Don't take it personally though cause I rarely ever target people by my comments.
davidinchrist:
And it's quite pathetic the way you keep jumping around "majoring" on Minors, instead of Majors.
I have no idea what that even means.
davidinchrist:
Now, here is the major thing: are you born again or saved yet? Do you love Jesus with ALL your heart, strength and might? Do you love your neighbours? Do you keep and obey the words of Jesus according to Matt. Mark, Luke and John, and NOT living in conscious Sins? Do you love Jesus above all things, even your own life?
I think I have asked you some similar questions, but you ignored me then. I hope you then do not expect me to respond to yours?
davidinchrist:
I doubt it, though, but if Yes, then you're a disciple of Jesus. But if not, like I think, please forget your present works, start seeking Jesus and his righteousness first.
undecided
davidinchrist:
Don't mind my long writing, but I may never respond to you if you do not humble and examine yourself first.
So long as you continue to create threads/comment on threads on this forum, expect me to post my retorts now and in the future. I am not going to consciously choose to avoid posts simply because they belong to your person. grin

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Should Gospel Music Fans In Nigeria Crucify Forbes Over Michael W Smith? / Saudi Arabia Bars International Hajj Pilgrims / Join Millions Across The World For Global Day Of Prayer With Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.