Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? (516 Views)

Facebook User Exposes New Format ATM Fraudsters Use To Scam People. / Man Arrested For Using An Empty Banana Island House To Scam A Porsche Seller / Yahoo Boy Who Posed As US Army Officer To Scam Ladies Arrested (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by Mrshape: 8:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
See.
How someone edited my post and included is number asking people to contact him.
Saun Lalasticlala you mynd44 you people have go improve your your niaralnad mention script.

I never see the kind of things before
What is he try to do

Below is the original post and the edited mention.
Be careful people this might be the new scam

Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by Nezzjnr: 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
Ahhhhhh

These Fraudsters have upgraded with their criminal instinct cheesy cheesy
Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by VickyRotex(f): 9:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Mrshape:
See.
How someone edited my post and included is number asking people to contact him.
Saun Lalasticlala you mynd44 you people have go improve your your niaralnad mention script.

I never see the kind of things before
What is he try to do

Below is the original post and the edited mention.
Be careful people this might be the new scam

People do this very often and while some may be intentional others aren't.
The person may have thought that he's quoting you outside of the "[/quote ]" box and mixed up the comments. And it could also be intentional. I don't know.

I took a look at that thread and I see the poster also posted the same ad post separately. I'd think he wanted to quote you and mixed up his comment with yours. But ofcourse I can't vouch for that.

So yea, I agree that NL admins can do better with regards to protecting users integrity. As even the "callback" method implemented is flawed. An original poster can obviously modify their original contents or comments.

You may write a mail to the section Mods so they can take down the comment.

1 Like

Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by Mrshape: 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

People do this very often and while some may be intentional others aren't.
The person may have thought that he's quoting you outside of the "[/quote ]" box and mixed up the comments. And it could also be intentional. I don't know.

I took a look at that thread and I see the poster also posted the same ad post separately. I'd think he wanted to quote you and mixed up his comment with yours. But ofcourse I can't vouch for that.

So yea, I agree that NL admins can do better with regards to protecting users integrity. As even the "callback" method implemented is flawed. An original poster can obviously modify their original contents or comments.

You may write a mail to the section Mods so they can take down the comment.
On further analysis I am certain he did it on purpose.
see the way it fits into the sentence.
It was different from the post he made earlier.

Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by VickyRotex(f): 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
Mrshape:

On further analysis I am certain he did it on purpose.
see the way it fits into the sentence.
It was different from the post he made earlier.

Oh then he seems to have modified his initial post. I recommend you email the mods to look into it.

You can also leave a note in your original post on that thread stating a disclaimer. The good thing is people will see that before they see his.
Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by Mrshape: 11:09pm On Jun 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

Oh then he seems to have modified his initial post. I recommend you email the mods to look into it.

You can also leave a note in your original post on that thread stating a disclaimer. The good thing is people will see that before they see his.
Oh! I remember it is possible for me to delete that his post.
That will solve the problem I think
Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by Mrshape: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

I have deleted it thanks

Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by VickyRotex(f): 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
Mrshape:

Oh! I remember it is possible for me to delete that his post.
That will solve the problem I think

well unless you're a Mod or have the "delete" permission. Remember he made the edit in your own comment, so it still loop-back to your original post.

quoting him and crossing out his comment will not change his previous quote. If it works, great!
Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by VickyRotex(f): 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2020
Mrshape:

I have deleted it thanks

Nah. It's still there. When you report a post, you (the reporter) wont see it again but it will still show for other viewers until the Mods take it down.

Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by Mrshape: 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

well unless you're a Mod or have the delete permission. Remember he made the edit in your own comment, so it still loop-back to your original post.

quoting him and crossing out his comment will not change his previous quote. If it works, great!
I delete his original ammended quote.
It won't have effect on the my post.
He was only able to edit the mention.
Not my original post.
So I deleted the edited mention comment he made.
All traces about his connection with my post is gone
Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by Mrshape: 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

Nah. It's still there. When you report a post, you (the reporter) wont see it again but it will still show for other viewers until the Mods take it down.
Really I don't know o.
I think it leaves after sometime
Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by VickyRotex(f): 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
Mrshape:

I delete his original ammended quote.
It won't have effect on the my post.
He was only able to edit the mention.
Not my original post.
So I deleted the edited mention comment he made.
All traces about his connection with my post is gone

Do you see my screenshot above? I still see that.
Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by VickyRotex(f): 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2020
Mrshape:

Really I don't know o.
I think it leaves after sometime

Yea it does because the Mods take it down I suppose. Right now you cant see it, but I see it. Let's hope the Mods delete it.
Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by Mrshape: 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

Do you see my screenshot above? I still see that.
Lol it it s still there o.
Na mod go settle this matter
Re: Is This Nairalander Trying To Scam People With My Name? by VickyRotex(f): 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2020
Mrshape:

Lol it it s still there o.
Na mod go settle this matter

abi grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Sick Pupil Raped In Hospital Ward By Uncle / Cult Clash Storming Asaba , Sapele Environs / 93 Year Old Man Arrested For Rescuing His 63 Year Old Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.