Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing (13786 Views)

Nigeria Can’t Continue Borrowing, Lawan Says / Secondus To Wike: I Have Never Gotten Any Contract From Rivers Govt / Bayelsa Election: Timi Frank Congratulates Lyon, Urges Secondus To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by salford1: 6:04am On Jun 11, 2020
Nigeria wasn't even breathing to begin with.
The politicians have ensured the country stayed on life support due to their love for stealing and looting tax payer's money.

1 Like

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by FlordFlorez(m): 6:25am On Jun 11, 2020
True. Nigeria needs ventilator.

1 Like

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by Britxt007(m): 6:27am On Jun 11, 2020
If looting stop Nigeria will start breathing again.
Follow me on Instagram and enjoy every moment with me @ Britxt
Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by Urchman200: 6:32am On Jun 11, 2020
kiwi007:
Funny set of polithiefcians that we have in the country. Making look like they wouldn't have done worse if they were the ones at helm of affairs
have u said anything? We have a government in power,what is their actions,how is it affecting the general public? That is all we care for now.

3 Likes

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by symbianDON(m): 6:38am On Jun 11, 2020
vedaxcool:
This is the sort of talk you will expect from a slowpoke who cannot analyse issues. OECD just forecast a Global recession that will be the worse we have seen since the 2nd world war yet the canker worm who devoured our treasury is once again seeking how to sabotage our economic stability that even the Economist recognizes as being good under the stewardship of PMB. The US has borrowed $3 trilion a money that Mr.Second place won't be able to pronounce if converted to Naira
brilliant!! unfortunately, not too many Nigerians are smart enough to know this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by egoldman(m): 6:47am On Jun 11, 2020
Aflix:
Psycho, you go comment for this one cos na opportunity to bash PDP but you stylishly avoided commenting on the recent deaths in Borno and Katsina. Abi that one too na propaganda I know you will not reply to this one as well cos according to Una I'm a mere wailer

My Brother don't waste your time the dead meat seller, he will only provoke you and get you banned.
Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by egoldman(m): 6:49am On Jun 11, 2020
vedaxcool:
This is the sort of talk you will expect from a slowpoke who cannot analyse issues. OECD just forecast a Global recession that will be the worse we have seen since the 2nd world war yet the canker worm who devoured our treasury is once again seeking how to sabotage our economic stability that even the Economist recognizes as being good under the stewardship of PMB. The US has borrowed $3 trilion a money that Mr.Second place won't be able to pronounce if converted to Naira

So because US borrowed, we must borrow too?

4 Likes

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by EdiskyHarry: 6:51am On Jun 11, 2020
My prayer is that all the leaders we have in Niger delta should wake up.
Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by AmazingELixir: 6:59am On Jun 11, 2020
vedaxcool:

This guy up here exemplifies the very term delusion of grandeur.....and how has your life been since your master stroke Buhari took over the helm of affairs.

Mr. Man Tell that economist you are attributing those projections to, that I said he is Madt for.messing up your head.

5 Likes

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:08am On Jun 11, 2020
kiwi007:
Funny set of polithiefcians that we have in the country. Making look like they wouldn't have done worse if they were the ones at helm of affairs
This is what is killing us in 9ja because they have done their own,so we should ours"Do me I Do you" who go suffer am ? Na people. They were elected in to make a change don't justify hypocrisy and I am trying not to be tribalistic in my comment

1 Like

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by allthingsgood: 7:12am On Jun 11, 2020
BeerParlour:
Buhari is a criminal

Ok thank u

But will still won't vote for pdp
Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by AntonVince: 7:16am On Jun 11, 2020
kiwi007:

Good.
Then keep "enjoying" your Buhari/APC.
Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by Heavensent01(m): 7:17am On Jun 11, 2020
Nigeria arms of govt

thieves checkmating thieves and another coded thieves overseeing the conference of stealing

Buhari doesn't like money! Sakamanje cheesy

1 Like

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 11, 2020
undecided undecided undecidedanyone who takes this politicians serious,is something else undecided.. are they not the cause of most of it...
Nigeria is already asthmatic.. all thanks to the polithievians :- undecided undecided undecided. You think we are all dummies..
People deceiving people..
Nigeria was a mistake, in the first place.. so why fear the collapse..
Rubbish leaders undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by melaninpop: 7:27am On Jun 11, 2020
chatinent:
How does he mean? Isn't Nigeria not already on life support?

He means the life support sef go soon finish
Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by Spray(m): 7:35am On Jun 11, 2020
[quote author= post=90538039][/quote] why are quoting him? please don't be unfortunate
Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:40am On Jun 11, 2020
As at June 2019, the country's total external stood at N8. 32 trillion ($27.1 billion). Overall, Nigeria's public debt stock stood at N25. 7 trillion (US$83.8 billion).Jan 10, 2020

Nigeria’s external debt (including short-term debts) remained low until the middle of the 1970s – US$ 1.5 billion in 1970, more than half of which was short term; and US$ 2.5 billion in 1975, of which US$ 1.35 billion represented short-term debts.

The outstanding debt (in current dollar rates) tripled, reaching US$ 7.5 billion in 1979 and 8.9 billion in 1980, 3.55 billion of which represented short-term debts. Yet, the international financial community was not worried about this progression.

21, billion. Statistics from the DMO as contained in Figure 1 below show that there has been a consistent increase in the volume of domestic debt from around 5.6NGN trillion in 2011 to over 12.5NGN trillion as at December 2017, more than double fold increase within a space of six years.
Now look at corruption.

Between the start of 2015 and December 2020, Nigeria's external debt profile has risen from $9.7 billion to $27 billion. Most of these debts were borrowed in the first 4 years of the President Muhammadu Buhari's administration via multilateral, development, bilateral and commercial loans (Eurobonds and Diaspora bonds).
So no dumb ass should come and defend this administration. A day is coming that will put Nigeria as Collateral with her Citizens

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by IYANGBALI: 7:44am On Jun 11, 2020
Is the country still breathing? This one na breathing? Na so our mates dey breath? Mtcheeeèew
Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by Omoslim26: 7:45am On Jun 11, 2020
LadySarah:
We won't mind if y'all pdp senators stop breathing. grin You set the the foundation that is choking you right now.

You and TA Orji can stop breathing first. No ventilator no oxygen

Nonsense and breathing!

The moment ya all come to realize that apcheat and pdthief are one of and from the same womb

maybe dats wen ya all will seek for change

because if not ya all will continue to suffer in hypocrisy and deception

imagine you mention TA Orji without mentioning his oga Orji Kalu

now if that is not hypocrisy wat den could it be

1 Like

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by magzey: 7:45am On Jun 11, 2020
When Goodluck was borrowing to pay salary,Nigeria did not stop breathing is now ,that they are Borrowing to develop Naija is when Nigeria will stop Breathing? Chai !! PDP boss is on weed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by vedaxcool(m): 8:10am On Jun 11, 2020
egoldman:

So because US borrowed, we must borrow too?

Oga it is not hard to reason, if the largest economy of the world is facing difficult times how hard is it to understand that we face similar challenges especially in the area of liquidity?
Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by vedaxcool(m): 8:11am On Jun 11, 2020
[s]
AmazingELixir:

This guy up here exemplifies the very term delusion of grandeur.....and how has your life been since your master stroke Buhari took over the helm of affairs.

Mr. Man Tell that economist you are attributing those projections to, that I said he is Madt for.messing up your head.
[/s]

I expected you will come up with a sensible rebuttal but all you could muster is noise with no sense.
Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by Reference(m): 8:11am On Jun 11, 2020
At least let it be on record that someone stood up against it so that history will not claim acquiescence on the part of Nigerians because that will be their plan. They will say we all supported it because no records exist of those who opposed it. Just look at how they tangled themselves with the anti fuel subsidy removal protest of tye past government. The loans today was yesterday's fuel subsidy, naira for naira. We told them then that they were kicking the can down the road.

2 Likes

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by Andrew13: 8:13am On Jun 11, 2020
Nigeria stopped breathing cheesy long time ago angry

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by Hezmatosky: 8:14am On Jun 11, 2020
Look at who is talking sad
Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by DoubleEngine007: 8:23am On Jun 11, 2020
vedaxcool:
This kind of reasoning is why this country will never develop. How will a sane person be comparing US with Nigeria.. When they borrow in the United States,they don't steal it for personal use.. But here in your country, your politicians borrow and steal the money for their personal use.. Its like you've been out of the country, since 1960.. Before you think I'm PDP,I don't support thieves, be it PDP or APC.. All I want is the best for my country..

3 Likes

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by yommygift15: 8:23am On Jun 11, 2020
So this man still dey ? I can't even remember PDP has chairman called Secondus second tier.
Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by Femeto: 8:23am On Jun 11, 2020
I would never forgive Buhari his only legacy after he leaves power in 2023 is that he has put Nigeria in so much debt.

1 Like

Re: Secondus To PDP Senators: If We Continue Borrowing, Nigeria Will Stop Breathing by michoim(m): 8:34am On Jun 11, 2020
Nonsense talk from a shallow thinking party

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How National Assembly "Padded" 2021 Budget With Over ₦500 Billion / Protest, Withdrawal Of Aspirants Mar Ekiti APC Guber Primary (Video, Pictures) / Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.