Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years (1735 Views)

States’ Foreign Debts Hit $3.2bn , Cannot Repay In The Next 50 Years -Shehu Sani / The Hausa-fulani May Not Exist In The Next 50 Years / Igbo Language Might Become Extinct In The Next 50 Years - Unesco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by Afam4eva(m): 5:09pm On Jan 24, 2011
Call me a prophet or doom i don't care. I don't see Nigeria going anywhere not in a hundred years. Since i was born i've been hearing the popular phrase "Nigeria go better". I'm 24 now ans Nigeria is still bettering(if there's any word like that). This days i always feel like killing anyone that utters that phrase. That phrase happens to be the most annoying phrase i know. How can Nigeria better when there's no sign of it. The things that have happened in Nigeria for the past 30 years is enough for 10 back to back civil wars in some countries but when it comes to Nigeria people just move on like nothing happened.

The kind of revelations that we've had on the pages of Newspapers can not even move the average Nigerian to go on the offensive. We just sit like cursed sons and daughters of efulefus and just hope that by the special intervention of God things will get better. The present crop of politicians see Nigerians as the most passive people on the face of the planet. That's why someone who stole the kind of money that devalues the Naira can attempt to come back and rule so that he can steal more. Instead of hiding from the public for fear of being lynched. It's the same reason that a sitting president can make a statement like "This election is a do or die afffair" and nothing happens.

What i want to know is: What do we want out of Nigeria. If there's going to be a war. Let's just fight the war and get it over with. If we're going to sepperate, let's get to it fast and stop deceiving ourselves with the [b][/b]Nigeria go better catch phrase.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by spyder880(m): 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2011
Myopic, jaundiced, frustrated and lopsided views from a hopeless person.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by Afam4eva(m): 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2011
spyder880:

At least that's how i feel while you're still hanging in the air.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by EzeUche2(m): 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2011
You run into this problem when a nation has no sense of nationalism. And these borders were arbitraily drawn by foreign powers. What do you expect? The Nigerian people haven't controled their destiny in over 100 years.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by blacksta(m): 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2011
Lol

You are not alone. I am 31 and i clearly remember my uncles and aunties emphasizing the fact that my generation would be the ones to enjoy Nigeria this was roughly about 23 years ago.

I can boldly state i can not even envisage telling my own children that they would be ones to enjoy Nigeria by time they reach the age of 25 years old.

At the Moment the likes of Tinubu, Yaradua's, Abacha and Sarak'si are all lining up their children to take over where ever they finish.

Pathetic i say -

Fela said the same thing in the late 70's but status quo remains
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by spyder880(m): 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2011
afam4eva:

At least that's how i feel while you're still hanging in the air.

Is it not better to hang in the air than to feel so bad as you are? You are very close to suicide, please talk to your shrink.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by blacksta(m): 6:01pm On Jan 24, 2011
spyder880:

I disagree - The poster clearly summed up the feelings of many Nigerians who acknowledge that there is a problem.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by ezeagu(m): 6:48pm On Jan 24, 2011
spyder880:

People like this are a BIG part of the problem.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by dempeople(m): 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2011
afam4eva:

Call me a prophet or doom i don't care. I don't see Nigeria going anywhere not in a hundred years. Since i was born i've been hearing the popular phrase "Nigeria go better". I'm 24 now ans Nigeria is still bettering(if there's any word like that). This days i always feel like killing anyone that utters that phrase. That phrase happens to be the most annoying phrase i know. How can Nigeria better when there's no sign of it. The things that have happened in Nigeria for the past 30 years is enough for 10 back to back civil wars in some countries but when it comes to Nigeria people just move on like nothing happened.

The kind of revelations that we've had on the pages of Newspapers can not even move the average Nigerian to go on the offensive. We just sit like cursed sons and daughters of efulefus and just hope that by the special intervention of God things will get better. The present crop of politicians see Nigerians as the most passive people on the face of the planet. That's why someone who stole the kind of money that devalues the Naira can attempt to come back and rule so that he can steal more. Instead of hiding from the public for fear of being lynched. It's the same reason that a sitting president can make a statement like "This election is a do or die afffair" and nothing happens.

What i want to know is: What do we want out of Nigeria. [size=14pt]If there's going to be a war. Let's just fight the war and get it over with[/size]. If we're going to sepperate, let's get to it fast and stop deceiving ourselves with the Nigeria go better catch phrase.

I share all your views here except the bolded. Nwanne, Ndigbo will [size=13pt]never[/size] fight a war anymore. When we wanted to leave, they refused and now they're feeling the heat. Infact, they want one Nigeria so, they're getting it. I'm very ecstatic that umunne m Ndigbo have been able to bounce back from the war to the extent of being a force to be reckoned with economically and socially. Politically, we're getting there. Let Nigeria be our economic playground.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2011
ezeagu:

People like this are a BIG part of the problem.

And what solutions have you worked out yet, just turning up bad news and situations like there is an award for whinning.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by ezeagu(m): 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2011
spyder880:

And what solutions have you worked out yet, just turning up bad news and situations like there is an award for whinning.

So cursing somebody out and calling them a useless person is going to pave Nigeria's major highways?
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Jan 24, 2011
ezeagu:

So cursing somebody out and calling them a useless person is going to pave Nigeria's major highways?

Wasnt cursing, just telling him the truth about his feelings. Some people feel worse about their home countries and yet dont come online to cry, they look inwards and improve/adapt. Nigerians are worse today, partly because of wrong policies by foo.ls in govt, and partly by their own laziness, thinking they should get free mels just because we export oil. I gat news for ya all lazy azz fellas, get busy, make money or die of hunger. Leave the stoopid govt out of this, this is about you and your inability to face up to your responsibilities, of your inability to adapt, I never heard our fore fathers died of thirst just because the river in the town dried up?
Those illiterate ancestors knew how to adapt, and thrive, but what did education turn our generation into? Lazy, selfish, envious, greedy goons who cant tie their own shoe laces, they only know how to moan, groan and complain!
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by Obiagu1(m): 11:13pm On Jan 24, 2011
The way some people throw out curse words, I wonder whether na their papa carry dem for belle for 9 months or na their mama.
Such people don't belong here at all.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by ShangoThor(m): 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2011
[size=20pt]The docile but divided polity of the South hangs on a delicate balance![/size]

If GEJ wins these elections, and disgruntled elements in the North start sending their suicide bombers down South, all Southerners
will start crapping themselves, and their positions will start to shift then as people from Jos, the Middle belt, the East and the West,
start scrambling for cover, (this is my prediction)

[size=15pt]We need to fix the State so we can fix the problem[/size]
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by spyder880(m): 7:55am On Jan 25, 2011
Obiagu1:

The way some people throw out curse words, I wonder whether na their papa carry dem for belle for 9 months or na their mama.
Such people don't belong here at all.

Some people need to hear the truth, undiluted and unadultrated. What kept them in their poor state are soft words that ended up making them 'ajebutter' and too soft to face intense challenges. We need to wake them up, REALITY 101.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by houvest: 10:09am On Jan 26, 2011
So much Pessimism by the OP. Have some hope bro. Look at the extract below and keep hope alive.

Re: Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja
« #9 on: Today at 09:44:12 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

", Speaking with journalists, the prophetess claimed that God would be visiting Nigeria soon, saying that He has shown her a vision in which He promised to raise the country as a real giant of Africa with influence and impacts across the world,

, She said that she saw a vision where a shroud was hindering the nation's glory, but according to her, God attributed this to satanic plan due to the divine love He has for the people.
She stressed that Jesus Christ had his chosen ones in the country whom he would use for Nigeria's deliverance, "
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by spyder880(m): 4:27pm On Jan 26, 2011
houvest:

So much Pessimism by the OP. Have some hope bro. Look at the extract below and keep hope alive.

Re: Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja
« #9 on: Today at 09:44:12 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

", Speaking with journalists, the prophetess claimed that God would be visiting Nigeria soon, saying that He has shown her a vision in which He promised to raise the country as a real giant of Africa with influence and impacts across the world,

, She said that she saw a vision where a shroud was hindering the nation's glory, but according to her, God attributed this to satanic plan due to the divine love He has for the people.
She stressed that Jesus Christ had his chosen ones in the country whom he would use for Nigeria's deliverance, "

Na wao, what can we do without someone smuggling religion into the topic? Prophecy indeed.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by T9ksy(m): 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2011
Abi O. . . . . .prophecy indeed!!!

This is exactly the reason why the country is stagnant and will remain so for another 50years
- always waiting for a supreme being  to solve our problems for us.

In the interim tho', "pope dey enjoy, imam dey gbaladun, " whilst my people are still doing "49 sitting, 99 standing"

Na only them dey see prophecy. My (African) God too appeared to me whilst i was Ph.ocking
a very hot Latino ch.ick.  he told me that the country called "nigeria" will never attain its rightful place
in the comity of nations. . . . . . . UNLESS It breaks up!mak everyone take care of hin ppl.

Anything else is just. . . . . . . . . . . .Perambulating!!!
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by violent(m): 5:19pm On Jan 26, 2011
spyder880:

Wasnt cursing, just telling him the truth about his feelings. Some people feel worse about their home countries and yet dont come online to cry, they look inwards and improve/adapt. Nigerians are worse today, partly because of wrong policies by foo.ls in govt, and partly by their own laziness, thinking they should get free mels just because we export oil. I gat news for ya all lazy azz fellas, get busy, make money or die of hunger. Leave the stoopid govt out of this, this is about you and your inability to face up to your responsibilities, of your inability to adapt, I never heard our fore fathers died of thirst just because the river in the town dried up?
Those illiterate ancestors knew how to adapt, and thrive, but what did education turn our generation into? Lazy, selfish, envious, greedy goons who cant tie their own shoe laces, they only know how to moan, groan and complain!

You are speaking from all cardinal points of your mouth without stopping to reconsider if you are making any iota of sense.  I wonder what kind of thought process must have produced such piece of garbage!. . . .The Nation rots, and stinks and all this fúcktard has to say is "thrive and adapt".

More than 90 percent of Nigerians source their immediate energy and water needs, provide accommodation for their families and are not dependent on any form of governmental social scheme to support even the most basic healthcare needs. The country generates a revenue of over 150 billion annually and still has been unable to provide a sustainable secured enviroment for her citizens, It's a common thing in suburban towns to find vigilante groups working voluntarily to keep their homes and loved ones safe.
Pray tell, in your deranged and rétarded mind where else in the world would you find such a group of thriving and adaptable people?

The Poster is simply echoing what is in the mind of 100 million people, and you, in a haste to appear brilliant made a complete fool of yourself!
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2011
violent:

You are speaking from all cardinal points of your mouth without stopping to reconsider if you are making any iota of sense.  I wonder what kind of thought process must have produced such piece of garbage!. . . .T[b]he Nation rots, and stinks [/b]and all this fúcktard[b] has to say is "thrive and adapt[/b]".

More than 90 percent of Nigerians source their immediate energy and water needs, provide accommodation for their families and are not dependent on any form of governmental social scheme to support even the most basic healthcare needs. The country generates a revenue of over 150 billion annually and still has been unable to provide a sustainable secured enviroment for her citizens, It's a common thing in suburban towns to find vigilante groups working voluntarily to keep their homes and loved ones safe.
Pray tell, in your deranged and rétarded mind where else in the world would you find such a group of thriving and adaptable people?

The Poster is simply echoing what is in the mind of 100 million people, and you, in a haste to appear brilliant made a complete fool of yourself!

ROFLMAO!!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by spyder880(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2011
violent:

You are speaking from all cardinal points of your mouth without stopping to reconsider if you are making any iota of sense.  I wonder what kind of thought process must have produced such piece of garbage!. . . .The Nation rots, and stinks and all this fúcktard has to say is "thrive and adapt".

More than 90 percent of Nigerians source their immediate energy and water needs, provide accommodation for their families and are not dependent on any form of governmental social scheme to support even the most basic healthcare needs. The country generates a revenue of over 150 billion annually and still has been unable to provide a sustainable secured enviroment for her citizens,  It's a common thing in suburban towns to find vigilante groups working voluntarily to keep their homes and loved ones safe.  

Okay, I agree with you, but if your conclusions are that Nigeria will not progress for 50 years, you should agree that YOU will not progress for 50 years?
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by violent(m): 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2011
spyder880:

Okay, I agree with you, but if your conclusions are that Nigeria will not progress for 50 years, you should agree that YOU will not progress for 50 years?

You muppet!, Nigeria's progress has no correlation with my progress.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by spyder880(m): 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2011
violent:

You muppet!, Nigeria's progress has no correlation with my progress.

So, you believe your house will collapse while you are sleeping and feel you and your family will be safe?
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Jan 26, 2011
@Poster, the only way for Nigeria to move forward is IF, and I repeat, IF the people want it to, or if we get colonized again by some group that FORCES progress on us. lol
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by chosen04(f): 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2011
I see no hope for Nigeria even in the nxt 200 hundred yrs. The banana republic will soon become tomato republic.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by spyder880(m): 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2011
chosen04:

I see no hope for Nigeria even in the nxt 200 hundred yrs. The banana republic will soon become tomato republic.

Do you see any hope for your future, or are you waiting to join an orange republic?
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by rebranded(m): 6:25pm On Jan 26, 2011
A lot of frustration here, cry

@Op Such a bold statement such as "Nigeria will not progress in the next 50 years" is uncalled for, if you feel so pls pack your load and leave, we dont need such negative people around.

I am sure up till now you have not registered to vote, yet you want Nigeria to Progress!

Have you considered the fact that democracy is still new, If you cant keep Hope alive, pls you have options. .Nigeria will remain one and Progress!
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by chosen04(f): 6:25pm On Jan 26, 2011
spyder880:

Do you see any hope for your future, or are you waiting to join an orange republic?

The future of Nigerian once pegged on Vision 2010. Now vision 20:2020 (Which you and I now is dead b4 arrival). The new govt is now proposing vision 30:2070. . . . . . . . .So where does that leave you in the nxt 60-70 yrs? . . . . . . . . .

BTW, whats so difficulty with you accepting the open secret about the curse called Nigeria's future?
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by Afam4eva(m): 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2011
rebranded:

@Op Such a bold statement such as "Nigeria will not progress in the next 50 years" is uncalled for, if you feel so pls pack your load and leave, we dont need such negative people around.

I am sure up till now you have not registered to vote, yet you want Nigeria to Progress!

Have you considered the fact that democracy is still new, If you cant keep Hope alive, pls you have options. .Nigeria will remain one and Progress!

Instead of you to state reasons to counter my ascertions you're busy ranting like a mad dog. And who told you i've not registered. "Nigeria will remain one and progress". The typical line of a myopic Nigerian.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by chosen04(f): 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2011
rebranded:

Are you a Lord Lugard appointed minister for ''oneness and progress'' of the cursed nation called niGERia?

20 yrs ago they told us niGERia will one of the best country in the world . . . . . . . . . .Yrs later we can now tell they meant the WORST I.E Will never progress!
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by spyder880(m): 6:38pm On Jan 26, 2011
chosen04:

The future of Nigerian once pegged on Vision 2010. Now vision 20:2020 (Which you and I now is dead b4 arrival). The new govt is now proposing vision 30:2070. . . . . . . . .So where does that leave you in the nxt 60-70 yrs? . . . . . . . . .

BTW, whats so difficulty with you accepting the open secret about the curse called Nigeria's future?

Good points you are making, but it is not right to place your own life hopelessness with that of 150 million people. Just accept that others may not feel as dejected as you.
Re: Nigeria Will Not Progress In The Next 50 Years by spyder880(m): 6:45pm On Jan 26, 2011
chosen04:

Are you a Lord Lugard appointed minister for ''oneness and progress'' of the cursed nation called niGERia?

20 yrs ago I told us niGERia will one of the best country in the world . . . . . . . . . .Yrs later we can now tell they meant the WORST I.E Will never progress!

Dont blame lord lugard, was lord lugard the reason for hopelessness? The man saw a great nation and if the colonial masters stayed on, Nigeria will be better than malaysia. But the men left and you guys turned this cool nation into a tribal mess. Blaming everyone except your lazy self.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ / Court Sentences Boko Haram Financier To 10 Years Imprisonment / Unease In Niger Delta: Group Kicks As Tompolo Allegedly Acquires Battleships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.