Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja (1367 Views)

Cameroon Takes Over Akwa-Ibom Communities, Hoist Flag / Pro-Biafra Supporter Buried With Biafran Flag In Abia (Photos) / Fulani Herdsman Hoist Flag In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja by aloyemeka1: 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2011

[size=14pt]Largest flag in the world hoisted in Abuja [/size]

Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

The largest flag in the world, the 'Lion of Judah' banner was on Saturday hoisted at the Redeemed Camp, Keffi Road, Abuja, on Saturday by its maker, Prophetess Grace Galindez-Gupana.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/jan/24/816.html

Gupana, who is a Filipino, said that the flag was part of what she called the divine visitation to Nigeria.

The flag, which spanned two hectares had been acclaimed by the Guinness Book of Records as the largest banner ever made by mankind.

She added that she transported the flag from Israel in obedience to the divine instruction to her, describing the event as a victory for Nigeria.

Speaking with journalists, the prophetess claimed that God would be visiting Nigeria soon, saying that He has shown her a vision in which He promised to raise the country as a real giant of Africa with influence and impacts across the world.

She explained that she had never visited any black nation until God directed her to come to Ibadan, Oyo State where she first hoisted the banner on December 18, 2010.

The prophetess said that though her seven days' stay in Ibadan was not quite pleasant on account of erratic power supply, culture shock and the unfamiliar food, she, however, heard God's voice which told her about the great divine plan for the country.

Galindez-Gupana, a businesswoman, who runs the Kingdom of Jerusalem Foundation in Philipines, said that God loves Nigeria "because His name is everywhere, on the street, in businesses, even in beer parlours."

She said that she saw a vision where a shroud was hindering the nation's glory, but according to her, God attributed this to satanic plan due to the divine love He has for the people.

She stressed that Jesus Christ had his chosen ones in the country whom he would use for Nigeria's deliverance.

She said, "I have never been to any country with a large black population, until God asked me to come to Nigeria. He directed me to Ibadan where we unfolded the Lion of Judah flag. I don't know why He directed me to Ibadan. In Philipines, we have light 24 hours, but in Ibadan, we don't have light for up to 4-5 hours daily, but I heard the voice of God there and He told me He will raise a man of His choice that will raise Nigeria. The banner we are hoisting signifies victory."
Re: Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Jan 24, 2011
ROFLMAO!!
Re: Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja by violent(m): 1:14am On Jan 26, 2011
Not even a single picture, na wa o
Re: Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:39am On Jan 26, 2011
And the point of this is?
Re: Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja by EzeUche2(m): 2:45am On Jan 26, 2011
Will Abuja be the site of the religious wars that will soon occur in Nigeria?
Re: Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja by DisGuy: 2:51am On Jan 26, 2011
Galindez-Gupana, a businesswoman, who runs the Kingdom of Jerusalem Foundation in Philipines, said that God loves Nigeria "because His name is everywhere, on the street, in businesses, even in beer parlours."

yes sure! watch GEJ give her a national award
Re: Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja by ekubear1: 2:55am On Jan 26, 2011
EzeUche_:

Will Abuja be the site of the religious wars that will soon occur in Nigeria?

Hope this doesn't sound bigoted, but not enough almajiris for that to happen. Too many southerners there and wealthy northerners, not riff-raff types who would cause mayhem.

At least, this is what I've seen.
Re: Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja by namfav(m): 7:33am On Jan 26, 2011
lol
Re: Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja by Chyz2: 7:40am On Jan 26, 2011
namfav:

lol

It what seems to humor you?
Re: Christians Hoist The Largest Flag In The World In Abuja by houvest: 9:44am On Jan 26, 2011
", Speaking with journalists, the prophetess claimed that God would be visiting Nigeria soon, saying that He has shown her a vision in which He promised to raise the country as a real giant of Africa with influence and impacts across the world,

, She said that she saw a vision where a shroud was hindering the nation's glory, but according to her, God attributed this to satanic plan due to the divine love He has for the people.
She stressed that Jesus Christ had his chosen ones in the country whom he would use for Nigeria's deliverance, "

Prophesies about Nigeria's destiny in the world have been many and this is a re-iteration not news. May their fulfillment be sooner than later.
But the report is a bit confusing as the woman talks about Ibadan but the report says Abuja. So where really is the flag?

(1) (Reply)

God Father Tinubu; Says Fashola Has No Business Appointing Commissioners / SEE INEC OFFICIAL RESULTS. / 'pastor' Erastus Akingbola Offers To Refund 2.25 Billion Naira!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.