Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,194 members, 7,839,064 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate (2199 Views)

I’m Interested In Better Nigeria – Peter Obi Clears Air On Running With El-rufai / Edo: I Will Not Support What’s Not Fair, Just – Obaseki On Deputy’s Ambition / Bayelsa Guber: Ex-president Jonathan Endorses Bayelsa Central For Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by slivertongue: 10:42pm On Jun 11, 2020
kelvinginzie:
I think the deputy governor has proven that his certificate is not forged,so what else?

you are right but APC supporters are anarchists who want crisis and wud do anything to have it

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by senatordave1(m): 11:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
slivertongue:

you are right but APC supporters are anarchists who want crisis and wud do anything to have it

In what way? So pdp fans are perfect
Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by slivertongue: 1:50am On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

In what way? So pdp fans are perfect

you are almost the same. party sentiments won't allow u all to be rational for once

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by Jostoman: 8:31am On Jun 12, 2020
vicdom:

Do you think that kinda unprecedented rigging will happen again by 2023?? Where southern Ijaw will be amassing over 120k votes for APC?? Well, by the time PDP sacks APC from the center, you will come and use your Army and police for the rigging let's see. cheesy grin
APC can't win election without using army and police.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by fergie001: 8:36am On Jun 12, 2020
AAA593:

U no cope me AAA593. I go cry o
You sef no Cc me....I go vex o grin

AAA593:
APC boys turn this case upside down for Facebook say DG deceived nysc
I was fooled myself with some documents from naija247livetv....
Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by AAA593: 9:02am On Jun 12, 2020
fergie001:

Defence is today o
Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by fergie001: 9:06am On Jun 12, 2020
AAA593:

Defence is today o
grin
Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by AAA593: 9:08am On Jun 12, 2020
fergie001:

grin
How u see am?
Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by senatordave1(m): 9:26am On Jun 12, 2020
AAA593:

Defence is today o

We are no more interested in opuama Case. Diriyai will tear the supreme court governor apart
Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by senatordave1(m): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2020
Jostoman:
APC can't win election without using army and police.

Na pdp start am
Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by fergie001: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2020
AAA593:

How u see am?
I am not following it sha..........
Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by AAA593: 10:02am On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

We are no more interested in opuama Case. Diriyai will tear the supreme court governor apart
Fruitless effort. No be only tear na bomb
Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by AAA593: 10:10am On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

Was the election results declared on February 13? Is the tribunal allowed to operate more than 180 days with same members?
Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by AAA593: 10:12am On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

You have even jumped from opuama to diriyai. I no chat u again
Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by AAA593: 10:32am On Jun 12, 2020
fergie001:

I'm hearing now that deputy Gov didn't call any witness including inec. They wanna pick holes in the petitioner's witnesses maybe. What do you think?
See convocation list opuama submitted according to a friend. Deputy Gov's name there and number 15

Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by fergie001: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2020
AAA593:

I'm hearing now that deputy Gov didn't call any witness including inec. They wanna pick holes in the petitioner's witnesses maybe. What do you think?
See convocation list opuama submitted according to a friend. Deputy Gov's name there and number 15
Exactly.....I heard Diri has either given his final address or will, today.

The petitioner's lawyers have to go back to Law School then.
Re: Bayelsa Guber: NYSC Clears Air On Deputy Governor’s Certificate by AAA593: 6:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
fergie001:

Exactly.....I heard Diri has either given his final address or will, today.

The petitioner's lawyers have to go back to Law School then.
Just in: NYSC CLEARED SENATOR LAWRENCE EWHRUDJAKPO, INEC TELL TRIBUNAL
Copied...
Current gist latest happening on bayelsa watch like & share for fast gist on this issue
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
on Friday told the Bayelsa State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja that the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has cleared the State Deputy Governor, Senator Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo of forging his exemption certificate.
The three-member tribunal headed by Justice Ibrahim Sirajo
NYSC had on Thursday admitted in evidence a letter from the NYSC to the Department of State Security (DSS) admitting that it corrected a spelling error on Ewrhrudakpo’s exemption certificate.
Testifying on Friday, counsel INEC, Mr. Ibrahim Bawa (SAN) told the tribunal that since NYSC that issued the exemption certificate came out to admit that it indeed issued the certificate in dispute, INEC saw no need to call any witness.
Also speaking, Counsel to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr. Emmanuel Enoedem said all the evidence tendered by the NYSC clearly exonerated Senator Ewhrudjakpo had of any wrongdoing as alleged by the petitioner, Mr Opuamah of the Liberation Movement.
PDP said the evidence Opuama presented before the tribunal supported the position of the Deputy Governor, prompting the party not to call any witness in defence of the petition.
The petitioner, Mr Vijah Opuama, is challenging Ewhrudjakpo’s qualification to stand in the Bayelsa State governorship election, on the grounds that the deputy governor submitted a forged exemption certificate to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) before the election.
“Our candidate, the Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State has been exonerated of any wrongdoing by the NYSC, which issued him its exemption certificate. So, we don’t have to waste the precious time of the honourable tribunal by calling witnesses to tender documents that have already been presented to the tribunal by the petitioner.
“Clearly, the Deputy Governor has been cleared of the forgery allegation by the relevant authorities in the matter,” the PDP lawyer told journalists at the court premises
After listening to the submissions of the PDP and the NYSC in the matter, Justice Sirajo adjourned the suit till June 17 for the Bayelsa State Governor, Senator Diri Duoye and his Deputy, Senator Ewhrudjakpo to open their defence in the petition.
It would be recalled that the Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, Senator Ewhrudjakpo on Tuesday picked holes n the certificates of the petitioner and governorship candidate of the Liberation Movement in the last governorship poll in the state, Opuama.
Senator Ewhrudjakpo through his lawyer, Mr. Chukwuma-Machukwu Ume (SAN), while cross-examining Opuama who testified in his petition challenging the Deputy Governor’s victory in the election, had told the tribunal that there were inconsistencies in the First School Leaving certificate as well as the SSCE and of the petitioner submitted to the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC).
The petitioner, Mr Opuama through his counsel, Mr Pius Danba had on Tuesday closed his case after calling three out of 30 witnesses he had front loaded to testify against the nomination of Ewhrudjakpo for the November 16, 2019, governorship election.
At Tuesday’s proceedings, Upuama who served as 3rd witness, was confronted with discrepancies in his own certificates by Ewhrudjakpo’s lawyer, Mr. Chukwuma-Machukwu Ume (SAN).
It would be recalled that the Director-General of the State Security Service (SSS), one of the witnesses who testified on behalf of Upuama had told the tribunal that the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) actually effected the change of name on the exemption certificate issued to Ewhrudjakpo.
Source : Receive Alerts On:
Facebook: MetroDailyNG, Twitter: @MetroDailyNG
Share Your Stories With Us:
Email: info@metrodailyng.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Is No Terrorist Group Umuahia High Court Judge To Nigeria Prosecutor / Nnamdi Kanu To Obi Of Onitsha, Be Careful Or It Will End In Tears For You. / ESN Kills Another ESN Ties His Hand Backward Like Goat PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.