Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

No Resumption Date For Schools In View Yet, Says Lagos State Commissioner - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Resumption Date For Schools In View Yet, Says Lagos State Commissioner (426 Views)

Mmesomma Ejikeme Met With The Anambra State Commissioner For Education / No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU / No Resumption Date Yet For Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Resumption Date For Schools In View Yet, Says Lagos State Commissioner by Vanzcharles(m): 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
#PUNCHSNEWSTODAY

"Lagos State Commissioner of Education, Mrs Folasade Adefisayo, has said the resumption of schools in the state would be decided by the Federal Government.

Adefisayo who spoke on Thursday at a virtual meeting, titled, ‘A discussion on guidelines for school resumption’ said that the state would not unilaterally open schools.

The meeting was organised by Association of International School Educators of Nigeria and was moderated by Mrs Kofoworola Karunwi.

“We don’t know resumption date yet. The FG shut down schools in Lagos and Ogun states and we have the largest number of cases and deaths . So I cannot give an unequivocal answer. All I know is that we want the children to keep learning and most schools are already doing online and it is not a jolly ride. The Lagos State Government is also having both online and radio classes.”

Adefisayo also told the participants at the meeting that the government did not have the financial capacity to support schools financially due to the pandemic which has affected the budget of the state.

“We can’t at this point support schools, our budget as a ministry has been cut down by 30 per cent. We are re-strategising and the state cannot do as much as we would have loved to. The government has spoken to the banks and you can go to your banks they’ll assist. I don’t think people should rely on the government at this moment because government is also suffering from lack of funds”.

TAKE HOME:
*Government doesn't have financial capacity to support schools.
*Nobody should rely on government because government is suffering from lack of fund
*Resumption date is not in view.

I know we'll not die of hunger by God's grace. Let's continue adding values to ourselves and devising other means of income.
We shall surely win this war.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/fg-will-determine-school-resumption-says-lagos-commissioner/%3famp=1
Re: No Resumption Date For Schools In View Yet, Says Lagos State Commissioner by ecowas: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2020
Vanzcharles:
#PUNCHSNEWSTODAY

"Lagos State Commissioner of Education, Mrs Folasade Adefisayo, has said the resumption of schools in the state would be decided by the Federal Government.

Adefisayo who spoke on Thursday at a virtual meeting, titled, ‘A discussion on guidelines for school resumption’ said that the state would not unilaterally open schools.

The meeting was organised by Association of International School Educators of Nigeria and was moderated by Mrs Kofoworola Karunwi.

“We don’t know resumption date yet. The FG shut down schools in Lagos and Ogun states and we have the largest number of cases and deaths . So I cannot give an unequivocal answer. All I know is that we want the children to keep learning and most schools are already doing online and it is not a jolly ride. The Lagos State Government is also having both online and radio classes.”

Adefisayo also told the participants at the meeting that the government did not have the financial capacity to support schools financially due to the pandemic which has affected the budget of the state.

“We can’t at this point support schools, our budget as a ministry has been cut down by 30 per cent. We are re-strategising and the state cannot do as much as we would have loved to. The government has spoken to the banks and you can go to your banks they’ll assist. I don’t think people should rely on the government at this moment because government is also suffering from lack of funds”.

TAKE HOME:
*Government doesn't have financial capacity to support schools.
*Nobody should rely on government because government is suffering from lack of fund
*Resumption date is not in view.

I know we'll not die of hunger by God's grace. Let's continue adding values to ourselves and devising other means of income.
We shall surely win this wall.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/fg-will-determine-school-resumption-says-lagos-commissioner/%3famp=1

We shall surely win this wall. What wall? lipsrsealed
Re: No Resumption Date For Schools In View Yet, Says Lagos State Commissioner by AnyaoguW6(m): 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
No resumption date yet why not participate on BEVERLY FOUNDATION pandemic quiz program tonight by 9pm on INSTAGRAM @beverlyfoundation.... Be part of this program and get your free recharge card
Re: No Resumption Date For Schools In View Yet, Says Lagos State Commissioner by Vanzcharles(m): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
ecowas:

We shall surely win this wall. What wall? lipsrsealed
Modified grin
Re: No Resumption Date For Schools In View Yet, Says Lagos State Commissioner by paulolee(m): 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
yes...find other means of income like sports betting..

(1) (Reply)

Sciences Vs Charm: How Does Science Solve/explain Charms(juju) / Breaking; Embattled Fpi Sug President Shares Ordeal On Uk Platform / School Course Recommendations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.