Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,478 members, 7,954,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:02 AM

Edo2020: Politics Is More Than Munching Cobs Of Maize Along The Streets Of Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo2020: Politics Is More Than Munching Cobs Of Maize Along The Streets Of Benin (411 Views)

Edo2020: See What A Post About Ize Iyamu Led To (photo) / #Edo2020: Ganduje Heads 49-member APC National Campaign Council For Edo Election / Fayose Bids Ekiti People Farewell As He Takes To The Streets Of Ado-Ekiti.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo2020: Politics Is More Than Munching Cobs Of Maize Along The Streets Of Benin by Rexojie(m): 5:43am On Jun 13, 2020
Until we learn to play politics without too much emotions, we may continue to get shockers. I am not a fan of Oshiomhole, as a matter of fact, those who are acquainted with my political disposition know very well that I am one of Adams Oshiomhole's unrelenting critics. Till date, I still hold the firm position that Adams be made to answer for his 8 year reign of mindless looting of Edo State's resources which Obaseki happens to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of.

But what we have in Edo State today is the practical facet of political science in display. Politics has to do with mastery of the craft of maneuvering, manipulations, permutations and persuasions. Politics is not philosophy and sympathy. It is both art and act. It is more than munching cobs of maize along the streets of Benin City.

I am not here to argue about who is a saint or devil between Obaseki and his estranged benefactor. My point is not about who is struggling to become fathergod or who has promised to end godfatherism. After all, when Adams imposed Obaseki in 2016 against every other aspirants of his party, those who are shouting "No to godfatherism" now celebrated then. I hate godfatherism too, but if you have benefited from it in the past, the way Obaseki did, you should have lost the moral rectitude to cry blue murder because you are not benefiting from it at the moment.
Unpardonable hypocrisy is when you start picking and choosing when to condemn what is wrong, depending on your body temperature. I have repeatedly asked Obaseki's supporters these very simple questions without getting any answer: If Oshiomhole had declared that Obaseki's re-election is non-negotiable, would any of his supporters had tagged him a godfather? Would they have even condemn the statement as undemocratic? You never get answers from Obaseki supporters in response to these questions.
SEE MORE:
Source: https://afrib.org.ng/2020/06/13/edo-2020-politics-is-more-than-munching-cobs-of-maize-along-the-streets-of-benin-by-emmanuel-ekeutomiye/

1 Like

Re: Edo2020: Politics Is More Than Munching Cobs Of Maize Along The Streets Of Benin by athaboi(f): 5:55am On Jun 13, 2020
Una don start
Re: Edo2020: Politics Is More Than Munching Cobs Of Maize Along The Streets Of Benin by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 6:07am On Jun 13, 2020
Crap .
Re: Edo2020: Politics Is More Than Munching Cobs Of Maize Along The Streets Of Benin by Rexojie(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2020
hahahaha
athaboi:
Una don start
Re: Edo2020: Politics Is More Than Munching Cobs Of Maize Along The Streets Of Benin by drskyfly007(m): 9:47am On Jun 13, 2020
Rexojie:
Until we learn to play politics without too much emotions, we may continue to get shockers. I am not a fan of Oshiomhole, as a matter of fact, those who are acquainted with my political disposition know very well that I am one of Adams Oshiomhole's unrelenting critics. Till date, I still hold the firm position that Adams be made to answer for his 8 year reign of mindless looting of Edo State's resources which Obaseki happens to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of.

But what we have in Edo State today is the practical facet of political science in display. Politics has to do with mastery of the craft of maneuvering, manipulations, permutations and persuasions. Politics is not philosophy and sympathy. It is both art and act. It is more than munching cobs of maize along the streets of Benin City.

I am not here to argue about who is a saint or devil between Obaseki and his estranged benefactor. My point is not about who is struggling to become fathergod or who has promised to end godfatherism. After all, when Adams imposed Obaseki in 2016 against every other aspirants of his party, those who are shouting "No to godfatherism" now celebrated then. I hate godfatherism too, but if you have benefited from it in the past, the way Obaseki did, you should have lost the moral rectitude to cry blue murder because you are not benefiting from it at the moment.
Unpardonable hypocrisy is when you start picking and choosing when to condemn what is wrong, depending on your body temperature. I have repeatedly asked Obaseki's supporters these very simple questions without getting any answer: If Oshiomhole had declared that Obaseki's re-election is non-negotiable, would any of his supporters had tagged him a godfather? Would they have even condemn the statement as undemocratic? You never get answers from Obaseki supporters in response to these questions.
SEE MORE:
Source: https://afrib.org.ng/2020/06/13/edo-2020-politics-is-more-than-munching-cobs-of-maize-along-the-streets-of-benin-by-emmanuel-ekeutomiye/
Garbage..kindly stuff this comment into your asshole grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Reportedly Calls Obaseki, “prepares Grounds” For His Defection To PDP / Edo 2020: Gov. Obaseki Has Done Well On Infrastructural Development - PDP / COVID-19: Federal Govt Issues Warning To States Over Reopening Of Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.