Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Is It Safe For Nigerian Women To Expose Their Pregnancies On Social Media? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Safe For Nigerian Women To Expose Their Pregnancies On Social Media? (254 Views)

Is It Safe For Drinking? / Nigeria May Record 700,000 Unwanted Pregnancies In 2023- UNDP / Nigeria Records 1.3 Million Unwanted Pregnancies, 735000 Abortions In 2018 Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Safe For Nigerian Women To Expose Their Pregnancies On Social Media? by libby01(f): 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
Now, it’s no secret that most Naija women “hide” their pregnancies.

This is an irony of a sort because you really can’t hide something that is protruding and stretching your cloth out for the world to see, can you?

So how they “hide” it is by announcing to a few family members and friends and employers as situation demands. Why? Because there is the notion that announcing your own pregnancy with your own mouth especially on social media may draw evil attention your way and consequently harm the unborn child.

So you know someone and most times do not know they were pregnant and the next thing you see on social media is, “I survived the labour room!” “My blue/pink plane has landed!” etc announcing the birth of the baby.

Now, let us come together and reason this matter: if announcing your pregnancy on social media may attract your village people to try to harm your unborn baby, why do you think these same village people cannot harm your child after s/he is born and you splash the pictures on social media?

Or is it that after the birth of a baby, 100 years of long life on earth is guaranteed?

It would seem that more and more couples are gradually tossing away the mentality that announcing your pregnancy on social media can cause harm . . . https://9jababa.com/pregnant-nigerian-women-doing-the-duduke-challenge-is-it-safe/

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe For Nigerian Women To Expose Their Pregnancies On Social Media? by alexsoftwork(m): 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2020
I no fit let my wife try am sha, I dey fear village people.
Re: Is It Safe For Nigerian Women To Expose Their Pregnancies On Social Media? by jaytee01(m): 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2020
alexsoftwork:
I no fit let my wife try am sha, I dey fear village people.
grin

(1) (Reply)

A Cry For Help: How Do I Cure Bleeding Hemorrhoids / How To Lose Belly Fat With Lemon | 4 Simple Ways / Why I Decided To Get My Womb Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.