Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

THE POWER Of Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE POWER Of Prayer (150 Views)

Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / 21 Days Of Prayer And Fasting For The Winners' Family / The True Power Of God - The Power Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE POWER Of Prayer by PstChrisAmadi: 3:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
The New Life In Christ:
The Power Of Prayer (Luke 18:1- 8 ):

There is a common saying that prayer changes things. That fact can never be over emphasized. But unfortunately, it is one area of God's service that has not been fully harnessed by the Church.

Both in old times and in the Apostolic era the power of prayer was one effective weapon at the disposal of people. The song writer says what needless pain we bear because we do not carry our problems to God in prayer. If the Church can rise up in unity to pray, there would be changes in our society.

So, instead of talking and criticizing, we should pray. Instead of calling for people to purchase arms for war, we should pray. Instead of being afraid and running helter skelter, we should pray. In cases of Pandemics, Misrule, Marginalization, Persecutions, Problems, Attacks, Denials and Manipulations, we have the weapon of prayer as our anchor.

In the referenced scripture, the Lord Jesus said we should not faint, but that we should pray persistently and perseveringly, like that widow, until we have our victory. Not fainting there means, don't be afraid, don't be weak and don't give up.

[b]And He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray and not to faint (Luke 18::1). [/b]

Nehemiah prayed and he had open doors to rebuild the falling walls of Jerusalem. King Jehoshaphat and his people prayed and they stopped the invasion of the enemies. Esther and Mordecai and their people prayed and they upturned the vindictive verdict of Haman. Hezekiah prayed and he was healed. Daniel had revelations, promotions and deliverances because of his prayer life. The Church in Jerusalem prayed and Peter was miraculously released from prison.

What about me and you? What effort are we making in this regard? Remember that this is one of the questions we shall answer before God in the end. Why don't we start now to pray. God is still answering prayers. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: THE POWER Of Prayer by Tastemoney(m): 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2020
I don't have the motivation to pray. I know I need prayers in my life but I can't even remember the last time I prayed.
Even when I remember to pray, it won't last a minute

This hurts me
Re: THE POWER Of Prayer by Wakeupchristian: 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2020
PstChrisAmadi:
The New Life In Christ:
The Power Of Prayer (Luke 18:1- 8 ):

There is a common saying that prayer changes things. That fact can never be over emphasized. But unfortunately, it is one area of God's service that has not been fully harnessed by the Church.

Both in old times and in the Apostolic era the power of prayer was one effective weapon at the disposal of people. The song writer says what needless pain we bear because we do not carry our problems to God in prayer. If the Church can rise up in unity to pray, there would be changes in our society.

So, instead of talking and criticizing, we should pray. Instead of calling for people to purchase arms for war, we should pray. Instead of being afraid and running helter skelter, we should pray. In cases of Pandemics, Misrule, Marginalization, Persecutions, Problems, Attacks, Denials and Manipulations, we have the weapon of prayer as our anchor.

In the referenced scripture, the Lord Jesus said we should not faint, but that we should pray persistently and perseveringly, like that widow, until we have our victory. Not fainting there means, don't be afraid, don't be weak and don't give up.

[b]And He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray and not to faint (Luke 18::1). [/b]

Nehemiah prayed and he had open doors to rebuild the falling walls of Jerusalem. King Jehoshaphat and his people prayed and they stopped the invasion of the enemies. Esther and Mordecai and their people prayed and they upturned the vindictive verdict of Haman. Hezekiah prayed and he was healed. Daniel had revelations, promotions and deliverances because of his prayer life. The Church in Jerusalem prayed and Peter was miraculously released from prison.

What about me and you? What effort are we making in this regard? Remember that this is one of the questions we shall answer before God in the end. Why don't we start now to pray. God is still answering prayers. God bless you.
Timely reminder.

(1) (Reply)

God's Plan / Put Your Problem In Proper Perspective / Contribute... Not Compete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.