Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

The Meaning Of The Names Of Ancient Kings In Isankiri - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Meaning Of The Names Of Ancient Kings In Isankiri (236 Views)

Do You Know The Meaning Of POLICE? / What Is The Meaning Of Sco Pa Tu Manaa? / UNILAG Reveals The Names Of Candidates That Upgraded Their Post-UTME Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Meaning Of The Names Of Ancient Kings In Isankiri by computergenius(m): 6:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
MEANING OF THE NAMES OF ANCIENT KINGS IN ISANKIRI
Assyrian Babylonian kings
Sargon: Sango : Conqueror.
Dur Sharrukin : Duro Sha-arkin : Stay here, the chosen our king.
Sennacherib : Se-nna-k'eruba : Be an Angel to relatives.
Sin-a-kheriba : Sin-a-k'eruba : Worship our guardian angel.
Esarhaddon : E-sar-had'oni : You chosen is an exulted person.
Ashur-aha-iddina : Ashur-a-ha-idi-ana : Our protector has shared to me a relative.
Ashurbanipal : Ashur-b'ani-p'ala : Our protector help us so that we prosper.
Ashur-etel-ilani : Ashur-e-tele-ila-eni : Our protector, follow him, he prospers persons.
Ashurdata : Ashur-da-ta : Our protector created, and gave.
Ashurnirari : Ashur-ni-lari : Our protector is important.
Ashurnasirpal : Ashur-ona-s'ire-p'ala : Our protector on the way of good that we may prosper.
Ashur-Uballit : Ashur-oba-li-ta : Our protector, the king, he gives.
Sin-shar-ishkun :
Sin-shar-ishegun : Worship the chosen, he conquers.
Hadadezer :
Hi-ad'ade-ja: He who wears the crown to fight
Re: The Meaning Of The Names Of Ancient Kings In Isankiri by computergenius(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
Adadnirari : A-d'ade-ni-lari : We wear the crown to be important.
Sham-shi-Adad : Sha-mu-sin-ad'ade : Chosen and taken to serve and to wear our crown.
Sin-sumu-lisir : Sin-sunmo-li-s'ire : Worship him come closer to him for good.
Shalmaneser : Sh'ale-ma-n'ija : Can we be without a fight?.
Tiglath-Pileser : Tiga-lati-ipilese : from the region that is the foundation.
Tukulti-Ninurta :Tu-iku-lati-ninu-ota : expose death plots from among the enemy.
Shamash-shum-ukin : Sha-ma-she-shur-mi-arkin : chosen just keep protecting me our king.
Phoenician Kings
Ahiram : Wa-hi-ra-mi : He came and ransomed me.
Abibaal : A-bi-baal : We born of the lord.
Dido : Di-edo : Holder of domain.
Pygmalion : P'oga-ma-li-oni : A person that keeps leading.
Carthaginian rulers:
Hannibal : Ha-ni-baal : She has the lord.
Hasdrubal : Ha-se-deru-baal-wa : Why should she be a slave when there is lord.
Hamilcar-Barca : Ha-mi-le-ka-ore-baal-ri-ka : I a woman with countless blessings of the lord around me.
Re: The Meaning Of The Names Of Ancient Kings In Isankiri by chatinent: 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2020
These names tho.

(1) (Reply)

ABSU Post UTME Screening Form For 2020/2021 Academic Session Is Out / Students Threatens To Protest, Give FG Two Weeks To Reopen Schools / A Better Way To Get Funded $100,000 For Masters And Ph.d For Free In Us In 2020!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.