Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,221 members, 7,953,826 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:24 AM

Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. (564 Views)

Deborah Samuel: 34 Lawyers Arrive Court To Defend Suspected Killers / Eguns Vs Aworis: ‘police Told Us To Defend Ourselves Or Run For Our Lives’ / Man Knocked Out With A Single Punch While Trying To Defend A Fighting Lady. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by 4ckz: 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
The purpose of this thread is not to spur counter hate towards South Africans, rather it is to encourage Nigerians to be more patriotic and learn how to defend their country.

It always pains my heart when I read through Nairaland and Twitter, and when ever Nigerians are called out for Crime by South Africans, some very stupid Nigerians would come out saying Nigerians are criminals, some even more stupid ones would try pointing fingers to some tribes in Nigeria.
If you have ever been apologetic to the notion by South Africans that Nigerians are criminals, I want to tell you right now, "you dey craze, you no get sense".

If you would spare yourself 5mins to research on Google, you would know that South Africa has more crime rate than Nigeria. Infact, 9ja dey learn for the kyn crime wey dey SA. But, do Southafricans come out internationally to spoil the name of their country? No!
And you stupid lots would go online typing rubbish about your country, not knowing how negatively it would come back to bite you.

We should care less about what South Africans think about us, and focus on reducing the crimes in Nigeria and by Nigerians.

First pic, crime index by countries.
2nd pic, countries with the most murders and how many cities involved.

Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by Passionate888: 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2020
Where even the president couldn't shield us, he went to a foreign country and called us 'lazy' and 'fantastically corrupt', you expect me to start fighting South Africans for what?
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by omoiyamayor(m): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2020
Passionate888:
Where even the president couldn't shield us, he went to a foreign country and called us 'lazy' and 'fantastically corrupt', you expect me to start fighting South Africans for what?
the uk officials think we are fantastically corrupt but i tell you what,corruption was what the democracy they introduced to us all about,when Madueke stole to England and the Caribbean they saw it coming and welcomed her,they waited for Nigeria to act first before they started forming holy,colonization was all about corruption, they were busy stealing our resources and our ancestors, dont let anybody tell us what we are. France is still milking D.R.C abd C.A.R till date but they think we are fantastically corrupt and Buhari was right because Nigerians we feel too entitled.
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by Passionate888: 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
omoiyamayor:
the uk officials think we are fantastically corrupt but i tell you what,corruption was what the democracy they introduced to us all about,when Madueke stole to England and the Caribbean they saw it coming and welcomed her,they waited for Nigeria to act first before they started forming holy,colonization was all about corruption, they were busy steal our resources and our ancestors, dont let anybody tell us what we are.
Wetin concern me with UK official? Buhari agreed that we (NIGERIANS) are fantastically corrupt, would Obasanjo, Yar'adua, GEJ or even Yomi Osibanjo have agreed to that? Our president can't defend us.
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by etrange: 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
Your content is awesome but your title is misleading. The post is nothing about Nigeria vs South Africa. It is an internal issue. I guess that's what your first paragraph goes to clarify but then, not everyone would even open such a seemingly fruitless thread. Such title would only attract xenophobes.

Back to the issue at hand, I agree with you. I've come to learn that most people here who support outsiders to trash talk Nigeria have never left the country. They have no idea what life is like on the other side and therefore are misled to believe that it's greener everywhere else. Fact is, every country has its problems. Nigeria is heavily populated so everything is somewhat accentuated. The number of rich people will be high, the number of poor people will be high, the number well known names in the academia will be high, the number of criminals will be high, the number of musicians will be high, etc. This isn't an excuse cause there's really no excuse for crime. However, when you travel across Africa, you'll be glad you're Nigerian. While our government has become synonymous with corruption, we still have some level of stability and outlined power transition policies. Majority of other African countries still have power drunk dictators who have refused to leave the seat; some have handed over to thier sons. You think that is not a form of corruption? Talking about country-wide poverty, have you been to Central Africa? Like my friends here would say, Central Africa is the Africa the white man sees on tv. Even here in the Western world, we have serious racism to deal with. But people from these other countries remain patriotic to their country while fighting their leaders.

I think we can also put up a patriotic front while we fight out leaders internally for better leadership. Our actions should be geared towards positive outcome and I do not think any country has ever made serious progress in the past by joining outsiders to trash talk their country. In fact, you'd only be stigmatizing yourself and your country people. Funny how we turn around to complain about how we're perceived or treated out here.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by 4ckz: 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2020
etrange:
Your content is awesome but your title is misleading. The post is nothing about Nigeria vs South Africa. It is an internal issue. I guess that's what your first paragraph goes to clarify but then, not everyone would even open such a seemingly fruitless thread. Such title would only attract xenophobes.

Back to the issue at hand, I agree with you. I've come to learn that most people here who support outsiders to trash talk Nigeria have never left the country. They have no idea what life is like on the other side and therefore are misled to believe that it's greener everywhere else. Fact is, every country has its problems. Nigeria is heavily populated so everything is somewhat accentuated. The number of rich people will be high, the number of poor people will be high, the number well known names in the academia will be high, the number of criminals will be high, the number of musicians will be high, etc. This isn't an excuse cause there's really no excuse for crime. However, when you travel across Africa, you'll be glad you're Nigerian. While our government has become synonymous with corruption, we still have some level of stability and outlined power transition policies. Majority of other African countries still have power drunk dictators who have refused to leave the seat; some have handed over to thier sons. You think that is not a form of corruption? Talking about country-wide poverty, have you been to Central Africa? Like my friends here would say, Central Africa is the Africa the white man sees on tv. Even here in the Western world, we have serious racism to deal with. But people from these other countries remain patriotic to their country while fighting their leaders.

I think we can also put up a patriotic front while we fight out leaders internally for better leadership. Our actions should be geared towards positive outcome and I do not think any country has ever made serious progress in the past by joining outsiders to trash talk their country. In fact, you'd only be stigmatizing yourself and your country people. Funny how we turn around to complain about how we're perceived or treated out here.

Your submission is very interesting and I wish more people reasoning like you should contribute to this thread.
I would change the heading to better portray the message, the previous heading was kind-of a catfish.

The bolded should be a message to every Nigerian.
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by omoiyamayor(m): 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2020
Passionate888:
Wetin concern me with UK official? Buhari agreed that we (NIGERIANS) are fantastically corrupt, would Obasanjo, Yar'adua, GEJ or even Yomi Osibanjo have agreed to that? Our president can't defend us.
how did he agree? On what occasion,was he asked if we are currupt and then admit it publicly?
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by 4ckz: 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2020
Passionate888:

The British prime minister called us fantastically corrupt, however that doesn't nullify the fact that Buhari called us lazy youths.
However, the above is not what I mean. There are far more corrupt countries and they still defend their name with all honor, but we keep selling ourselves low, painting ourselves black all over the internet.

I believe that we are doing a better job at destroying our reputation than the actual perpetrators of crimes abroad.
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by omoiyamayor(m): 9:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
Passionate888:
you need to do your research bro because it was David Cameron that labeled Nigeria as fantastically corrupt while he was meeting with the Ms. Elizabeth around 2016,why are you calling out Mr Buhari on it, we all know David Cameron is also very corrupt and racist, during his tenure they tightened their border to avoid African coming in but welcome African looters.
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by omoiyamayor(m): 9:13pm On Jun 13, 2020
etrange:

thank you brother, for example it is only in Nigeria the blame the president for everything, if someone was caught raping a goat they call the president out, hungry people in osun state still blame the president for bringing hunger to their homes,Nigerians are really messed up,the mindset is very negative, even if you give a Nigerian flashlight they will only be negative about it, i see Nigerians praising south African university structures, they dont know those buildings were built for the white only during the apartheid, go to soshanguve and you will not know the difference with ijebu ode,those are the places build by black south Africans.
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by Passionate888: 9:13pm On Jun 13, 2020
omoiyamayor:
you need to do your research bro because it was David Cameron that labeled Nigeria as fantastically corrupt while he was meeting with the Ms. Elizabeth around 2016,why are you calling out Mr Buhari on it, we all know David Cameron is also very corrupt and racist, during his tenure they tightened their border to avoid African coming in but welcome African looters.
I know how it happened, what I'm trying to say is, why didn't Buhari defend us? Are you fantastically corrupt?
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by Passionate888: 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
4ckz:

The British prime minister called us fantastically corrupt, however that doesn't nullify the fact that Buhari called us lazy youths.
However, the above is not what I mean. There are far more corrupt countries and they still defend their name with all honor, but we keep selling ourselves low, painting ourselves black all over the internet.

I believe that we are doing a better job at destroying our reputation than the actual perpetrators of crimes abroad.
Buhari AGREED with him that we are fantastically corrupt.
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by omoiyamayor(m): 9:20pm On Jun 13, 2020
Passionate888:
I know how it happened, what I'm trying to say is, why didn't Buhari defend us? Are you fantastically corrupt?
Buhari is not an advocate, hes the president,my point is dont blame Buhari for everything, talking about corruption, we all know Britain and America leads and others follow, they are just very good at pretending and covering up.
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by 4ckz: 9:23pm On Jun 13, 2020
Passionate888:
Buhari AGREED with him that we are fantastically corrupt.

How did you come to this conclusion?
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by Passionate888: 9:23pm On Jun 13, 2020
omoiyamayor:
Buhari is not an advocate, hes the president,my point is dont blame Buhari for everything, talking about corruption, we all know Britain and America leads and others follow, they are just very good at pretending and covering up.
I shouldn't blame Buhari for agreeing that Nigerians (including you and I) are 'fantastically corrupt?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by omoiyamayor(m): 9:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
Passionate888:
I shouldn't blame Buhari for agreeing that Nigerians (including you and I) are 'fantastically corrupt?
lol bro,stop exaggerating the matter, between you and i we both know how corrupt Nigerians are,corruption is in every household in Nigeria, we should admit it and look for a way out of it.
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by drmikeadams(m): 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
omoiyamayor:
lol bro,stop exaggerating the matter, between you and i we both know how corrupt Nigerians are,corruption is in every household in Nigeria, we should admit it and look for a way out of it.
grin grin grin
No mind am make he dey lie to himself dey blow grammar

1 Like

Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by Passionate888: 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2020
omoiyamayor:
and which country isn't corrupt? There was an interview I listened to during the Iraq war when the US went hunting for Saddam, they made a lot of money out of that war, but you won't hear them talk about it, my own is that Buhari should have defended Nigerians. I know that there's corruption, but he should have defended us. He is the president of the federal republic of Nigeria for crying out loud.
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by omoiyamayor(m): 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2020
Passionate888:
and which country isn't corrupt? There was an interview I listened to during the Iraq war when the US went hunting for Saddam, they made a lot of money out of that war, but you won't hear them talk about it, my own is that Buhari should have defended Nigerians. I know that there's corruption, but he should have defended us. He is the president of the federal republic of Nigeria for crying out loud.
lol i think you are expecting to much from the president, we all should help him in getting the country to the right path, mr president is not God alike, hes human like you and i,his work is to make important decisions our work is to help him succeed, Else we will still be labelling the next president
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by Passionate888: 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2020
4ckz:

How did you come to this conclusion?
I thought I was argueing with someone that knew about what happened. Google it
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by 4ckz: 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
Passionate888:
I thought I was argueing with someone that knew about what happened. Google it

I just did. You are right.
That's not what I am talking of though, like someone rightfully said, we can hide our dirty linens when outside, then come back and face our bad linens internally.
If our president goes outside to misyarn, it doesn't mean that we would follow suit, it would just be to our own detriment.

A name when spoilt is very hard to repair.
Re: Nigerians let's learn to defend our name more. by Asadujames202(m): 8:00am On Jun 14, 2020
Zoo must collapse.

Can't defend a Fulani heads men kwontry
Doing that would be an absolute waste of time

Zoo must collapse

(1) (Reply)

Popular I'm Oziza Fm Presenter Escaped Death Allegedly From A Top Politian / Nigerian Man With New Ghana Voter ID Nabbed At Aflao Border (Pics) / What Really Killed Akosua Before She Was Buried In This Coffin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.