Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,788 members, 7,862,608 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:42 PM

America's Military Leaders Take A Stand As Trump Remains Silent On Racial... - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / America's Military Leaders Take A Stand As Trump Remains Silent On Racial... (262 Views)

ECOWAS Military Leaders To Discuss Niger Coup At Ghana Summit / Mark Esper To Resign As Trump's Defense Secretary / Biden Inches Nearer To Victory As Trump Launches Lawsuit Blitz To Slow Him Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

America's Military Leaders Take A Stand As Trump Remains Silent On Racial... by pascal1993(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
CNN)Last Sunday, four-star Gen. Robert Abrams, who commands all US forces in South Korea, held a town hall with black service members on the subject of race that was then broadcast on Facebook to thousands.

Abrams made it a point to have everyone attending the event wear civilian clothes -- an important symbol to lessen signs of military rank. Abrams told the audience "we're going to develop an action plan with real meat on the bones to get after this. We are not going to put up with this one second longer this time."

Abrams, who is white, spoke in deeply personal terms. "From my time of service, I've tried real hard to be part of the solution, and it was really difficult for me to come to grasp this week that I have fallen way short in helping eliminate racism and bigotry in our own ranks."

https://shrinkme.io/SJDp5mLv

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Deadly and severe Flood kills at least 7 people In Ivory Coast (video) / All 3 Trump Supreme Court Appointees Decline Texas Election Case / Bomb Explosion Rocks Tennessee, USA On Christmas Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.