Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

God's Name - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Name (238 Views)

Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? / Maurice Ampaw: Screaming God's Name During Sex Will Grant You Heaven / Prophet Kumchacha: Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex Will End Up In Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Name by thinkmoney(m): 2:36am On Jun 14, 2020
Allah (from al-ilah;the god) is an Arabic word for God.
Arab is a Semitic tribe that includes Hebrew, Aramaic and some Canaanite tribes.
The languages of these tribes are related. Way back in history, these tribes word for God was El.
Elohe/Elohim in Hebrew, Allah in Arabic and Alaha in Aramaic are cognates.
Allah, Elohim or God is a title like father, king or teacher. Among these tribes, especially the Hebrews, there was a personal name for God, which was Jehovah.
To proof this further, just look at the names of many prophets of Hebrew descent that Islam recognises and reverence, and you will see that they are compound words that contain Jehovah or it's diminutive form, Jah. Examples are Elijah; my God(El) is Jehovah(Jah), Zechariah; Jah remembers, Isaiah and Jesus, which both mean, Jehovah is salvation etc.
What's my point? You can be dismissed as a bastard if you think your fathers name is daddy!
PAUSE NOW, and think. If you do not know God's name till now, could it be that contrary to your conviction, you aren't really having any relationship with him? Won't you agree that the first thing you know about a prospective friend is his/her name? What word do an infant first learn? or can you really say you are an important member of staff of an organisation if you don't know the CEO's name? *Then God said once more to Moses:“This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered from generation to generation. Exodus 3:15.* - ```Oluwatosin Emmanuel Maduka.```

Re: God's Name by Kobojunkie: 2:47am On Jun 14, 2020
I am missing the point of your post. I hope that you are not, in some roundabout way trying to say God is schizophrenic? undecided undecided
Re: God's Name by StubbornGENIUS: 2:57am On Jun 14, 2020
Another Jehovah witness member with their propaganda

1 Like

Re: God's Name by jibovico(m): 5:24am On Jun 14, 2020
True Talk.
Re: God's Name by AntiChristian: 6:19am On Jun 14, 2020
grin
Re: God's Name by orisa37: 9:41am On Jun 14, 2020
EVERYTHING IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH IS GOD. GOD IS MISTER AND SPIRIT EVERYTHING.

From Orunto27.

(1) (Reply)

Look, this Is not the time to pursue worldliness. / Baba Ti N Reti Yin O! – A Revelation Of Mike Bamiloye / MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional By Dr. D.K Olukoya – Your Expectation 28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.