Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products (17328 Views)

Nigeria's Dependence On Imported Products Will End Soon, Buhari / Akwa Ibom Youths Storm Hotel To Arrest Imported Thugs Ahead Of Elections. Photos / Imported Thugs Nabbed In Akwa Ibom Ahead Of Governorship Election. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by Jabioro: 9:07am On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

How do u know. Must u be negative
Your positive has done us worst than expected..no be Nigeria where every goes,abi no be this country Dem born us put? We have the traces and the past of hope has been thrown into trashcan..
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by jogsman01(m): 9:08am On Jun 14, 2020
what's the PAM cost
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by NaijadrivaCars: 9:09am On Jun 14, 2020
Fake products will still get these Marks. No be Nigeria again?
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by allthingsgood: 9:10am On Jun 14, 2020
Jabioro:
Your positive has done us worst than expected..no be Nigeria where every goes,abi no be this country Dem born us put? We have the traces and the past of hope has been thrown into trashcan..

Then u are no better than the elements u complain about. Infact u are worse. Always happy to reloice over negativity
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by SweetCunt97(f): 9:10am On Jun 14, 2020
Another way to extort Igbos. Pam kill them there.
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by temptnow: 9:12am On Jun 14, 2020
Lyydia:
Nice move! But I hope this will be handled by professionals nd not people that can be bribed to get the seal on substandard products.

We need it on the mobiles drugs nd mobile phones more, the Chinese have turned Nigeria to their dump ground!

Imagine Chinese making phones that are not accepted in their country! they bring it here n u all shout, affordable nd quality!

I hope you're not referring to Infinix

Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by Jabioro: 9:12am On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

Then u are no better than the elements u complain about. Infact u are worse. Always happy to reloice over negativity
I should be rejoice for government policy that are nothing than decrease citizen pocket
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by udemzyudex(m): 9:15am On Jun 14, 2020
Mtcheew, initial gra gra.
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by obiekunie2: 9:16am On Jun 14, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
Useless country

The only thing they care about is tax

and yet you are asking god to punish those that want to leave the useless country!

hypocrisy will kill you and God will even punish you more for your double faced hypocrisy!
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 14, 2020
When all the SON employees are political appointees.What do they know about technology?

1 Like

Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by NnamdiN: 9:18am On Jun 14, 2020
Lyydia:
Nice move! But I hope this will be handled by professionals nd not people that can be bribed to get the seal on substandard products.

We need it on the mobiles drugs nd mobile phones more, the Chinese have turned Nigeria to their dump ground!

Imagine Chinese making phones that are not accepted in their country! they bring it here n u all shout, affordable nd quality!
your country should make the standard ones na abi they have two heads in China?
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by mjabdulk: 9:22am On Jun 14, 2020
It is a nice idea because it will aid in minimizing the fake products. Hopefully, such action will not cause in escalating the cost of products.
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by mandalorian: 9:24am On Jun 14, 2020
all products with son approved are always fake. Check all the generators with son icon on it. They all have aluminium coils. Why will son approve such standard for its citizens? Nonsense.
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by meetme01: 9:25am On Jun 14, 2020
I have said it times without numbers, this administration is bereft of ideas. All they know is how to embezzle, fight, collect unnecessary money from the masses. Stamp duty, tax on social media, now PAM.

I understand why they are shocked. Lots of youths have pitched their interest on internet business. They are internet savvy and channeled their energy to source for livelihood for themselves using technology. The government is still wondering where this smart youths are bringing genuine dollars into the country.

Youths, let's continue to shock the old mofos. They can only steal what they borrow. When they are tired, they would find their way. Our genuine hustle will continue to pay. Don't be deterred.

2 Likes

Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by Jeroboy(m): 9:28am On Jun 14, 2020
“My N!pples Have Sufered” – Actress Halima Abubakar Recounts Her Experience Of Motherhood

https://kicknaija.com.ng/2020/06/14/my-npples-have-sufered-actress-halima-abubakar-recounts-her-experience-of-motherhood/
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by loadedvibes: 9:28am On Jun 14, 2020
More ways to frustrate businesses
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by dajan03: 9:36am On Jun 14, 2020
Mrkcee:
This is a great move by SON!
But won't this impact on the price of the finished goods?
Of course, the final consumers (us) are on the other end paying for every extra manufacturer cost.
In summary: the government gets more revenue but citizens forgo more purchasing power.

Don't mind my diction, I'm an economist! cool
and then?
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by pacco6ixty9(m): 9:38am On Jun 14, 2020
same old story
another looting strategy.
Nigerians one of the world most careless set of advanced educated Fools...Where is SON all the while we face substandard goods. varies from electronics to packaged foodstuffs..Bribe will still get chinese people dumping shit here in naija..
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by edoairways: 9:49am On Jun 14, 2020
Mrkcee:
Of course, the final consumers (us) are on the other end paying for every extra manufacturer cost.
In summary: the government gets more revenue but citizens forgo more purchasing power.

#FTC for the second time today. I also dedicate this FTC to my loving fiancé Amaka. I will marry you soon don't worry. grin
It is for the best.
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by karbie(f): 9:52am On Jun 14, 2020
Read the study packs on your own and pass your examinations like I did.

Prepare for your ACCA and ICAN examinations with the ICAN new study packs for all levels and get all necessary past questions and answers for a token.

Click on the whatsapp link below to get them https:///2347084890881
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by allthingsgood: 9:56am On Jun 14, 2020
Jabioro:
I should be rejoice for government policy that are nothing than decrease citizen pocket

Well then it's your choice to be sad and miserable
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by Startrap: 10:06am On Jun 14, 2020
Did anybody pay attention to 'not more more than #50 per unit retail price'. Now what is imported in Nigeria that is below #50?
Kwanza:
PUBLIC NOTICE!!!

Introduction of Product Authentication Mark (PAM) on all imported products into Nigeria from January 2020, Procedure for obtaining PAM and Application of PAM on Certified Products.

https://twitter.com/SONNigeria/status/1272040617170931713?s=19
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by 0OooooooooooO0: 10:26am On Jun 14, 2020
0OooooooooooO0:

#FTC for the second time today. I also dedicate this FTC to my loving fiancé Amaka. I will marry you soon don't worry. grin
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 10:29am On Jun 14, 2020
Lyydia:

We need it on drugs nd mobile phones more, the Chinese have turned Nigeria to their dump ground!

Imagine Chinese making phones that are nt accepted in their country! they bring it here n u all shout, affordable nd quality!
But your country imports practically everything. Maybe you can start up your own phone manufacturing firm and give us quality instead of whining like a bitch.
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2020
pacco6ixty9:
same old story
another looting strategy.
Nigerians one of the world most careless set of advanced educated Fools...Where is SON all the while we face substandard goods. varies from electronics to packaged foodstuffs..Bribe will still get chinese people dumping shit here in naija..
U dey mind them.

Do you know that the taste of Nigerian indomie is different from Ghana indomie?
The same company o.

1 Like

Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by sonofthunder: 10:37am On Jun 14, 2020
This is a good one if it's not audio
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by Dee60: 10:46am On Jun 14, 2020
ss
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by Dee60: 10:47am On Jun 14, 2020
Mrkcee:

Everything is good on paper as long as it is not turned to another avenue for corruption.

SON itself needs to qualify for a quality mark. Yes, SON itself needs to be certified before they go around certifying others.

Do they collect money, tips, bribes from people before they do their jobs? Is their fair play and equity in what they do? If no, what morale do they have to certify others?

Ask importers and they will tell you many stories.

All goods are meant to be certified by International reputable inspection companies before they come to the shores of Nigeria. You pay a lot to get that certification, yet a whole lot of imports do not have that certification and they still manage to get into our markets! How, please ask SON.

SON goes to warehouses to inspect them in order to certify AGAIN the second time. How many warehouses do they check? Only those who comply with the first one. What does that tell you? Those who do the right things get punished!

They can pick expensive items during inspection, in the guise of going to TEST them in their lab. What lab? After the first inspection where they ask the inspection agent to open up the factory to check the products. That makes it check number 3. Who pays? The consumer ultimately does.

So, how would they make this new one work? Is this not room to go about harassing small scale businesses? The problem with our country is that we just keep harassing small businesses and we still wonder why they do not last! Go to America and see family businesses that have been there for more than 100 years. Why kill the chicken that lays the egg?

SON has to undergo the toughest scrutiny before it can scrutinize others. The organisation has to be totally graft-free for it to be fair. And what they apply for one must apply for all. That is how to bring fairplay, equity to the market and that is how they can promote commerce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by NwaIgboBoy(m): 11:30am On Jun 14, 2020
I think SON is the second most currupt agency in Nigeria after the Police?
Re: SON Introduces Production Authentication Mark On All Imported Products by Mrkcee(m): 11:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Dee60:

SON has to undergo the toughest scrutiny before it can scrutinize others. The organisation has to be totally graft-free for it to be fair. And what they apply for one must apply for all. That is how to bring fairplay, equity to the market and that is how they can promote commerce.

I agree totally!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sambo, Oyegun, Akande, Binani, Others Commission Projects In Kaduna / Aisha Buhari Hosts Officials Of National Association Of Lady Pharmacists / Ekiti 2018: FG Withholding Allocation To Favour Fayemi - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.