Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:47 AM

The Grounds For Disqualification Of Governor Obaseki From Contesting For A 2nd T - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Grounds For Disqualification Of Governor Obaseki From Contesting For A 2nd T (310 Views)

Federal High Court Restrains Obaseki From Participating In PDP Primary Election / Obaseki: From Fry Pan To Fire? Offered PDP N6 Billion For Ticket - ThisDay / APC Panel Disqualifies Obaseki From APC Primary Election In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Grounds For Disqualification Of Governor Obaseki From Contesting For A 2nd T by 175(m): 8:40am On Jun 14, 2020
Okay, away from the Political undertones and every roforofo fight between Obaseki and Oshimole, don't you think most of our politicians are outrightly lazy, care free and absurdly stupid not to properly package their academic qualifications?

The grounds for disqualification of Governor Obaseki from contesting for a 2nd term under APC was given as:

-claiming to have a Higher School Leaving Certificate which is unknown to the Nigerian educational system;

-allegedly being in possession of an affidavit disowned by the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory;

-error in the National Youth Service Corps discharge certificate which bears Obasek as against Obaseki;

-loss of primary, secondary and the Higher School Leaving Certificates;

-alleged violation of Article 21 D (V) of the party’s constitution, which forbids members from taking the party to court;

-legal precedents occasioned by the judgments of the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court on discrepancies in names.

All these I dare say are valid enough for any Political Party to be scared given what transpired in Bayelsa.

Cavet:

This is not to say I support any party here. . .in fact I don't bloody care. I only care about my family lol
Re: The Grounds For Disqualification Of Governor Obaseki From Contesting For A 2nd T by baralatie(m): 10:02am On Jun 14, 2020
even PDP go dodge this bullet
Re: The Grounds For Disqualification Of Governor Obaseki From Contesting For A 2nd T by 175(m): 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
baralatie:
even PDP go dodge this bullet

Exactly! Obaseki messed up on this level.

(1) (Reply)

Edo Primaries: Obaseki Warns APC, Others Of Restriction On Gathering Persons / It's Uncharitable And Wrong To Say That Buhari Has Failed - Femi Adesina / FG Appoints 12 New Perm Secs (names)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.