Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Covid-19 Lesson: Our Sustenance Is Not From Our Economic Activities But From God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Covid-19 Lesson: Our Sustenance Is Not From Our Economic Activities But From God (190 Views)

Coronavirus: TB Joshua Reacts As Lagos Government Restricts Church Activities / Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? / China Bans Christians From All Church Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19 Lesson: Our Sustenance Is Not From Our Economic Activities But From God by JimCrane30(m): 9:23am On Jun 14, 2020
Hello guys

I chose to write this because this has come as a lesson to not me alone, but to many others.

Many people are align to thinking that if they don't hustle for employment, engage in business, or hustle in one way or the other, they cannot feed. Covid-19 came with a five weeks lockdown and people came yelling for palliatives that only a tiny few were lucky to get. The government could obviously not meet the needs of the populace.

Also, the effect of the post-Covid 19 lockdown are ravaging many in terms of loss of jobs, unfriendly government directives, reduce business activities, absence of business clients, etc. But these are what we do to feed and take care of our families in so much that we do not have time for commitment in our service to God because we believe that without hustling we can't feed.

But in all these restrictions and economic lockdown and sit-at-home order, are we not feeding?. Many may have struggled to feed and meet the essentials of life but the reality is we survived it by the grace of God.

This goes to show that we should depend on God for our health and sustenance, and not on people, jobs or business activities. We need to know that this life is not by struggle but by the grace of God.

Let's not abandoned God because of the affairs of this life because everything we have is of Him. In Him we live and have our being. I for one have been out of job since January, but the Lord has been sustaining me since then.

The salvation of our soul is more important than any worldly engagement. Let's not despise God for worldly benefit.

May the Lord bless you all.
Re: Covid-19 Lesson: Our Sustenance Is Not From Our Economic Activities But From God by Liveair: 9:43am On Jun 14, 2020
Which God please?

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19 Lesson: Our Sustenance Is Not From Our Economic Activities But From God by GRIMMJOE(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2020
Liveair:
Which God please?
The God that a 5 year old girl was raped in his church.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Lesson: Our Sustenance Is Not From Our Economic Activities But From God by Liveair: 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
The God that a 5 year old girl was raped in his church.
While he watched as usual.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Madness / The GOD That I Serve / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.