Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode (39011 Views)

Idahosa: Edo PDP Have Refused To Accommodate Defecting APC Members / Obaseki Won't Win Any Local Government In Edo State / "Edo Is Not Lagos": Obaseki's Bill Of Insult On Tinubu - By Ini Akpan Morgan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by DEROX: 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Davash222:

it's more noble to fight and lose than not fighting and still lose.
But not with a very crazy fellow no one fights a demi god
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by surgical: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
madridguy:
Laughing in borokiri grin grin grin

Make una continue to push him till una push am inside ocean.

Obaseki, if you want to enjoy your defeat in peace, stay put for APC, follow them do campaign and watch how you will enjoy your defeat.
Thank God obaseki will not listen to your deceitful advice same that was given to Ambode that turned him to a lame duck it took the intervention of the court and some NGOs in Lagos that save him from further embarrassment and humiliation
Keep your advice
You want an easy ride for oshiomole,it will not happen,even if he is going to win he must sweet for it

1 Like

Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by smart0041: 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
Baby politicians everywhere,
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by Globad(f): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
Isobug:

Hmmm. If he can't fight now, I wonder the right time for him to fight.

Maybe when he's already completely sidelined. When the little supporters he have now must have left him. Abi?

If the loss as a result of not fighting is less than the loss from fighting, then why fight?
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by Prenonjebose: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
I don't think that Obaseki decided not to appeal the result of the screening committee because he cannot defend it. Rather, I feel that he saw the hand writing on the wall showing that his appeal would fail, owing to the fact that the committee would still do the bidding of Oshiomhole.

2 Likes

Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by Sleekfingers: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Game on. Let him fight it to the end like a man. If he wins, he becomes the governor and shame Oshiomhole. If he loses, he commits suicide or go on exile to Lagos like Emir Sanusi

under which political party if i may ask?
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by shigoawesu(m): 2:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
Notatribalist:
If your Osho is not afraid why not allow Obaseki to contest the primary?

Why did Obaseki cancel or ban anything direct primary
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by ErnestOgenyi(m): 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ambode is a Hero,, take it or leave it.. Its better to fight another day... He will come back stronger and better.. Watch out for Akinwumi Ambode... An intelligent n digital personality
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by surgical: 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
yanabasee1:

You can't keep fighting when understand what a fight is all about....

Ambode to me, is a smart guy....

Obaseki will be wrongly advised to keep fighting over a lose fight ..

His certificate will always sell him out... No party will give him a ticket to contest right now.
which certificate
Read the requirements and be informed don't believe everything from APC,it is usually laced with propaganda
Obaseki has the minimum qualification and that is sufficient ,any other thing is an addition,does buhari and oshiomole have university degree
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by richiepolymer(m): 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
It's either some of persons hear are to dumb to read between the lines over Obaseki's case.
Obaseki is done for!
PDP learnt a hard lesson in Bayelsa with respect to discrepancies in credentials of candidates and Obaseki seems to have that problem. PDP won't dare take that risk with Obaseki no matter how popular anyone is claiming Obaseki is.
Other political parties are now aware of Obaseki's credential problem, the courts too are now aware. The implication is that no political party will field him in order not to loose out completely in Edo guber elections.
Let that sink in!
All that talk of 'Edo is not lagos' won't hold water at all.
So all the neophytes here should stop ranting. Politics is not as easy as ABC.
Also don't forget, other parties have seen the way Obaseki treated his party leadership. They wouldn't want the same fate to befall them. All those who led Obaseki on will abandon him and go mend fences with the party for their own political future but Obaseki's coffin will be nailed properly.
Let anyone challenge my analysis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by jaggabban: 2:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
madridguy:

Obaseki, if you want to enjoy your defeat in peace, stay put for APC, follow them do campaign and watch how you will enjoy your defeat.
Wisdom
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by IsioStar1: 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
Macphenson:

Which certificate? Why do you people continue dwelling on Ignorance.

U.I. came out and said that Obaseki is their alumni, the other one in contention which is NYSC ,nobody has said it was forged, nobody has even contacted the agency to verify if they actually issued that certificate, I wonder though why the agency itself is silent on this matter.

That said, according to the terrible president set by Buhari's certificate scandal, he only needs to attend secondary school, in this case he has three credits, the Constitution is silent on the grades to be acquired to be a governor.

So what's the fuss here.

All Obaseki needs now to save himself unnecessary drama is just present to INEC his three credit o Level, and case closed.

Guy! He Obaseki has a case to answer. His entry requirements he submitted that he has HSC (Higher School Certificate) which he has failed to produce. The real bone of contention is the HSC Kpali, the NYSC certificate is secondary. Please read the findings of SAHARA REPORTERS.
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 2:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
TheSaxophonist:
cheesy
Ambode is now the SI unit for cowardice grin
LOL... "SI Unit"
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by BrickDevo: 2:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
Davash222:
Funny how sophisticated Ambode is now used as an adjective to quantify weakness and cowardice. A man who once controlled the largest economy in Africa. It's shameful embarassed
West Africa you mean?
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by RunThins: 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
A point comes in every man's life where he has to cancel all the external noise from the likes of this Charles Idahosa, people seeking to "help you spend" money even if the mission is impossible from the get go. Obaseki needs to do what is right for him and stop fighting other people's fight and learn his lessons from this.
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by BERNIMOORE: 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
Davash222:
Funny how sophisticated Ambode is now used as an adjective to quantify weakness and cowardice. A man who once controlled the largest economy in Africa. It's shameful embarassed
That is the Slave MENTALITY OF MY youruba Brothers Except us in Ondi state
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by Christian07(m): 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
Neither is edo a country

Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by Bluntemperor: 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
Naijabad:
Always remember in whatever you do that, your worst enemy today can be your best friend tomorrow.

we support Ambode's humility as politician afterall,four years was the mandate and besides,there is no reason to fight roforofo fight,just to destroy the structures on the ground and cause disaffection amongst the people as being done in Edo now.He did his best in Lagos State.
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by bizzibodi(m): 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
Validated:

Cowards die before their death. An Edo man is not known for cowardice. That was why
Oba Ovariamwen confronted the white man. You fight your enemies, not chicken out in cowardice and shame.
Wisdom demand u leave fight u cannot win,what oba ovarianwo did was foolish,which lead to d destruction of Benin kingdom & her people,British gave him a little respect if not they wuld hav sold him to slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by BERNIMOORE: 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
RunThins:
A point comes in every man's life where he has to cancel all the external noise from the likes of this Charles Idahosa, people seeking to "help you spend" money even if the mission is impossible from the get go. Obaseki needs to do what is right for him and stop fighting other people's fight and learn his lessons from this.
So stealing State monies to Enrich Adams oshiomile is Other peoples fight...You deserved 80 slaps Simultaneously.sick and lazy mentality.
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by Macphenson: 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
IsioStar1:

Guy! He Obaseki has a case to answer. His entry requirements he submitted that he has HSC (Higher School Certificate) which he has failed to produce. The real bone of contention is the HSC Kpali, the NYSC certificate is secondary. Please read the findings of SAHARA REPORTERS.

He can still use his U.I. certificate.

I think I understand Obaseki's situation.

In my year one in school, I understood some people where admitted through pre-science into the university. Overtime, I also got to know that some of those admitted through pre-science does not have their o'level, but we're above to attain certain points in their pre-science.

I think that's how Obaseki may have gained admission into the university with his three credits, that's why U.I. came out to say he is their alumni. Because he passed through the processes laid down by the school.

Worst case scenario he will use his U.I. certificate. Anybody hat goes to court, U.I. as an institution will come for his defence with his academic records , cases closed.
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by Rolexjerry(m): 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Davash222:
So Lagos has a larger economy than Johannesburg, Cape town or Cairo. Learn to use ur phone to gain more knowledge so that u will not be disgracing ur self in public.

1 Like

Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by miketayo(m): 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ambode didn't chicken out, that's why he is whr he is today
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by Ojiofor: 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
nairavsdollars:

https://www.independent.ng/edo-is-not-lagos-obaseki-wont-bow-out-like-ambode-idahosa/

Nobody wannabe an Ambode,its better to die fighting than to die on your knees.
cc:Throwback, I know fighting for your right means being emotional,kpele.
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by manlawal(m): 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
slivertongue:
“We’ve always said that Edo is not Lagos. What happened in Ambode’s case was that Ambode depended 100 percent on Tinubu. All the structures of the party are in Tinubu’s hands"
do you know tinubu didn't want fashola to return but the mandate group stood by him, and do you know tinubu call ambode to rectify issues he had with the party executive but he didn't listen till it was late.
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by bejeria101(m): 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dullard! They told you Ambode chicken out? Na your father get the poultry?

1 Like

Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by hisexcellency34: 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
how come the appeal committee now upheld his disqualification even though he never appealed?

Prenonjebose:
I don't think that Obaseki decided not to appeal the result of the screening committee because he cannot defend it. Rather, I feel that he saw the hand writing on the wall showing that his appeal would fail, owing to the fact that the committee would still do the bidding of Oshiomhole.
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by Ezmans: 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
seanfer:

He submitted sworn affidavit (Which the federal high court denied issuing) that he lost all his original certificates..... In 2020 those Certificates resurfaced and there are some discrepancies.. For example the Affidavit he sworn in 2016 says he graduated in 1976 but the certificate carries 1979. The NYSC certificates reads OBASEK while the Uni reads OBASEKI and he didn't do anything to correct the error for over 20 years that he has been issued the certificate.
Leave nigeria matter, forget those grammar, nigeria is build under lies & propaganda
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by Masterchef(m): 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
Shouldn't Obaseki ideally resign as the governor of Edo state. The fact is, there was no way he could have attended U.I with his school cert results. So how did he do it? Does it mean we've had corruption & decadence in our universities (and in a leading university like U.I for that matter) for so long?

When PDP brought up a case against Obaseki's credentials during the last election, how did he get away with it? Did the judiciary take a bribe from Obaseki or did Oshiomole get involved in compromising the judiciary to Obaseki's advantage at that time? Can we know the concerned bad eggs in the judiciary?

Same Obaseki recently tried to get Tinubu to save him in all of this, so why bring in the issue of Ambode again? Obviously, Obaseki is not smart and nobody will take him serious. Whereas Ambode can still return to elective politics in Nigeria if he clears himself with EFCC, Obaseki is almost finished. He may be tried for corruption, forgery of affidavit and many more.
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by bizzibodi(m): 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
An ugly butterfly thinks himself a bird-He knows he is not clean he still want to fight his benefactor,what has he done for edo state in d last 4yrs,what can he do in another 4yrs again?he shld resign, apologise to oshiomhole & edo people, for he is a prodigal godson.
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by Jostoman: 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
madridguy:

this is what APC is known for greediness, you denied somebody a fair chance for your party primary ticket and you still don't want him to go and contest against you in another party.
Re: Idahosa: Edo Is Not Lagos, Obaseki Won't Chicken Out Like Ambode by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
Those who are urging Obaseki to fight on are truly his enemies ! This is a battle he can never win and which is capable of ruining his personal and political life forever if care is not taken. Obaseki is up against some very brutal forces that are ready to crush him to make a very clear statement.

Ambode is never a coward, he is a smart and reasonable guy who understands that it's worthless fighting an already lost battle. I sincerely hope,for the sake of his mother,that Obaseki chooses Ambode's option to avoid a sure confrontation with the efcc. Those efcc guys will mess up his life beyond repairs if given the opportunity.

Those who are shouting "Edo is not Lagos" all around are only being funny ! What is the big deal about Edo state ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019: Buhari’s Foot Soldiers In South-east / Northern APC Governors Kick Against Choice Of Lawan As Consensus Candidate / Peter Obi As Atiku's VP: Southeast PDP Leaders Meet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.