Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy (613 Views)

‘Men Are Crazy But We Can’t Do Without Them’ – Tiwa Savage / Share Your Embarrassing Or Snub Experience With A Celebrity / Toke Makinwa To Annie Idibia 34th Birthday: 'I'm Coming To Share Your Husband' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by macdammy(m): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2020
My scam Experience was funny and crazy angry grin

I was 17 years old, preparing for Gce exams.
It was my first external exam, so while preparing for the exam, I met some other people too who were also preparing for this exam.

There’s this particular girl who was close to me. She told me she needed to get a new phone and needs someone to help her choose the best product considering her budget.
As a guy, I decided to show myself because I’ve been exposed to social media at a young age, so I know quite well about phones.

We picked a date, and the day came.
That faithful Saturday morning, I took her to a place where They sell cheap phones At IKOTUN. Her Budget was #15k .
When we got to ikotun, after a BRT bus stop/ Park, we saw these set of IGBO guys who sells different brands of phones displayed in open show glass.
Without wasting time, we approached one of them and told him our budget.
He asked if we have any phone in mind, we said NO so he recommended some for us.
After deliberating, I foolishly picked for the girl.
I chose a very neat BLACKBERRY Z30.
We paid and he issued one stupid receipt to us telling us to go to our house and charge the phone. Right in front of him, I powered on the phone, but it was just blinking red light, but the screen light wasn’t coming on.
He then said the battery was low that we should go home and charge.

So we went to a nearby shop to charge and paid #50.
After 1 hour of charging, the phone wasn’t still coming on.
We then decided to return the phone.
When we got to that same spot, we met someone else there. I showed the guy the phone and the receipt, he reluctantly said that he wasn’t the one that sold the phone to us.
He then brought out his own Business receipt To prove us wrong.

At this point, I was already trembling because 15k was a lot of money.
I looked beside me and found out that this girl was already shedding tears.
I placed my two hands on my head and said “MOGBE” (I don die).
I was tempted to fight this guy, he was much muscular than me, and since he wasn’t the one that sold the phone, I couldn’t take actions.
The guy sent us away from the spot. He was like “ make una comot for front my market, before I pour you spit”

My girl was already weeping that her brother would kill her.
Funny enough, we stay on the same street, so I know for sure that the matter would get to my dad.
I was scared .

I then told her that we should go to the police station.
When we got to the police station, we met a female officer and explained what happened to her. She first collected 1k from us so we could write statement .

After writing the statement, she started complaining that why would be buy a phone from a BRT bus stop.
She collected the receipt from us and followed us to the place.
When we got there, luckily we met the guy who sold the phone for us in a different store, when he sighted us with the police, he tried to run away, but he couldn’t.
He then started pleading with the police that she should not bother that he would give us another phone.
Immediately he said that, I shouted “ we no want another phone, give us our money”

Baba was still begging sha .
We later collected the 15k.
Police still collect 2k inside our 15k�(lol). But it’s better than loosing all.

Since then, I don’t do business with Igbo boys Inside market.
Those guys too smart�

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by yanabasee1(m): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2020
This thread is for lagosians then...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by macdammy(m): 11:34am On Jun 14, 2020
Lol
How does it concern lagosians na ? grin shocked
Re: Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by illicit(m): 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
Anybody can scam anybody in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by Onyi22(f): 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by Missyajoke(f): 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by Galactico4ever(m): 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
I smell sarcasm in that your praise for "smart" Igbo boys.Am coming to tell my story...

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by macdammy(m): 2:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Galactico4ever:
I smell sarcasm in that your praise for "smart" Igbo boys.Am coming to tell my story...

Lol
Baba I’m sincere grin

I’m waiting for the story
Re: Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by etibaba(m): 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
Well I haven't been scammed before, not because I am the smartest out there but I naturally have trust issues so it has helped me in that aspect.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by macdammy(m): 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
etibaba:
Well I haven't been scammed before, not because I am the smartest out there but I naturally have trust issues so it has helped me in that aspect.

Lol

Where do you stay ?
Re: Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by etibaba(m): 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
macdammy:

Lol

Where do you stay ?
Lagos o, funny enough I bought about 5 phones from Alaba international Market but I had a neighbour who had a shop at that market (A phone engineer). So whenever I intend getting a phone I will hint him a day before, then meet up with him right there at the market, then we go to wherever I am getting the phone. I am a bit tech Savvy yet I still never went alone cos I no wan start to tell Super story.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by macdammy(m): 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
etibaba:
Lagos o
It must be ikorodu then grin grin
Re: Share Your Funny Scam Experience. Mine Was Crazy by macdammy(m): 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
etibaba:
Lagos o, funny enough I bought about 5 phones from Alaba international Market but I had a neighbour who had a shop at that market (A phone engineer). So whenever I intend getting a phone I will hint him a day before, then meet up with him right there at the market, then we go to wherever I am getting the phone. I am a bit tech Savvy yet I still never went alone cos I no wan start to tell Super story.

You should have gone alone angry grin
It’s also crazy when people get fufu or onion inside their expensive phone carton

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Only Indomie Generation Didn't Use This. / See The Mind Blowing Cardi B Sexy Peacock Tattoo That Worth 1 Million Dollars / Who Is Better Between Fireboy And Rema?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.