Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria (23650 Views)

'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign / African Union Disqualifies Okonjo-iweala From Vying For WTO Director / IMF Backs Nigeria On Border Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
Taye4j:

Continue to spew trash. I don't know what indices you talking about. Maybe rape and murder.

SA is ahead of nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
TMKsouth:

Do we know yet how SA is going to vote on this WTO issue? cool

SA will definitely vote okonjo because she is a good friend of SA not because of Nigeria but on friendly terms.

1 Like

Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Mazigabriel(m): 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
seunmsg:

Giant in terms of GDP, population, educational development, sport, Human Resources, contributions to regional development etc. Xenophobic South Africa is no where near Nigeria.

Btw, this thread is not for a dick measuring contest between Nigeria and SA. I can see your main aim is to derail the thread and argue unnecessarily. Open another thread if you want to discuss about giant of Africa. I won’t engage you again on this thread except you’re talking about the subject of the thread.
Just kindly remove that educational development, human resources and regional development because NIGERIA score is F9 for those options; even Senegal and Morocco is better than NIGERIA in those three aspects

1 Like

Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Mazigabriel(m): 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
johnmartus:
Benin republic are so stupid. Useless man .okonjo iwella not deserve that seat...I support Egypt.
silence yourself you have nothing good to say. it's there decision not yours so respect it
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by TMKsouth: 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

How is South Africa the giant of Africa?

Even if SA's GDP per capita is larger than Nigeria's, it still doesn't mean that the world has as much regard for SA as they have for Nigeria.

Luxembourg is richer than the United States, but we know which of the two countries the world would listen to first.

grin The world listens to SA and not Nigeria.

1. SA is part of the BRICS - Nigeria is not. (That's an economic grouping alongside Brazil, Russia, India and China).

2. SA is the only African country in G20 grouping of the most influential countries in the world. Nigeria is not.

3. SA is the chair of the African Union. When last was Nigeria chair?

4. The former chair of the African Union Commission was South African - Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma. When last did Nigeria head the AU?

5. A South African is the secretary-general of the new Africa Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) having beat Nigeria to the position. grin

5. SA currently sits on the UN Security Council.

So who wouldnt listen to such a prestigious country? The list is endless, I can continue at your humble request.

Now list Nigeria's voice, since you say it's the loudest.

copy juliusmalema

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by TMKsouth: 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Juliusmalema:

SA will definitely vote okonjo because she is a good friend of SA not because of Nigeria but on friendly terms.

I think not. Okonjo is Ramaphosa's friend and was appointed by the government. But the ANC party has the final say on economic and foreign policy so I don't see them voting for Nigeria in terms of national interest. SA could still throw in its own candidate or vote for a less hostile African country that it can manipulate.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
TMKsouth:

grin The world listens to SA and not Nigeria.

1. SA is part of the BRICS - Nigeria is not. (That's an economic grouping alongside Brazil, Russia, India and China).

2. SA is the only African country in G20 grouping of the most influential countries in the world. Nigeria is not.

3. SA is the chair of the African Union. When last was Nigeria chair?

4. The former chair of the African Union Commission was South African - Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma. When last did Nigeria head the AU?

5. A South African is the secretary-general of the new Africa Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) having beat Nigeria to the position. grin

5. SA currently sits on the UN Security Council.

So who wouldnt listen to such a prestigious country? The list is endless, I can continue at your humble request.

Now list Nigeria's voice, since you say it's the loudest.

Just imagine the nonsense you wrote.

You might as well say that only the BRIC are emerging economies in the world.

As for G20, many intellectuals have criticized its membership policies. So, being among the G20 has nothing to do with realities but more with policies open to intellectual criticism.
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
TMKsouth:

I think not. Okonjo is Ramaphosa's friend and was appointed by the government. But the ANC party has the final say on economic and foreign policy so I don't see them voting for Nigeria in terms of national interest. SA could still throw in its own candidate or vote for a less hostile African country that it can manipulate.

Ramaphosa is still ANC and voting Okonjo is no harm to SA.

SA will probably go with her.
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by TMKsouth: 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Ramaphosa is still ANC and voting Okonjo is no harm to SA.

SA will probably go with her.

Ramaphosa might be ANC but he has slight majority in the party. You should know that the ANC is deeply divided and there are two factions. Jacob Zuma's hold the other half and you know they are not pro-Nigeria. You just have to look at our relations during his term in office.
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by TMKsouth: 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Just imagine the nonsense you wrote.

You might as well say that only the BRIC are emerging economies in the world.

As for G20, many intellectuals have criticized its membership policies. So, being among the G20 has nothing to do with realities but more with policies open to intellectual criticism.

It's not nonsense, it's FACTS. Nonsense is going around claiming you have the most influential voice and yet get declined in your requests to join influential global groupings.

If the BRICS aren't important then why is Nigeria so desperate to join?

If the G20 is not relevant then which influential formation is Nigeria part of that rivals the G20?

2 Likes

Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
farem:

A ptoduct from and of baby factory doesn't have a blessed week need, regard for a father.
You are exhibiting symptom of gorilla semen. Ask ya mama, if you have one. I pray she will be brave enough to tell you this truth about your life!

Product of.an harlot...probably you haven't ask from.your parent about the circumstance behind your birth. For your information , you are born by mistake. If not for the condom that burst while your father was shooking your mama under the bridge, do you think you can exist...
An adulterated condom that was used by your father to fucking your mama for 3 rounds was the caused of all these insults and abuse
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Ghokes(m): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
There is more to this behind the scenes
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Crispels(m): 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Xenophobic but here there is terrorism, fulani Herdsmen, tribalism.

SA is far ahead of Nigeria in all ramifications. South Africa remains the anchor of Africa.
There is no indices for nigeria to beat that...

SA remains the pride of Africa.

Nigeria has a larger GDP and better economy than South Africa. Nigeria’s major problem is political corruption. Economically, no African country is a match for Naija.
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Bakinwuta(f): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Nigeria has bullied Benin republic.. infact I think they said we will cut off the electricity supply trade to benin if they don't back us
Nigeria is a giant bully

Una too talk. Just appreciate them for showing solidarity and move on.

They owe you nothing to do this...Thank you Benin for being a good sister country
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Joefat: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Una don see weyin Hushpuppi don dey coz nah ba
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Joefat: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Una don see wetin Hushpuppi don dey coz nah ba
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by DonroxyII: 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Nigeria has bullied Benin republic.. infact I think they said we will cut off the electricity supply trade to benin if they don't back us
Nigeria is a giant bully
Dey lie to urself there ... You should know USA is now interested in Ngozi , left to Nigeria ... France will support her baby all the way against Nigeria .... NOI is surely clinging this position ... Once you are on US good books , Your career go receive their blessing...

Adesina is too pro Africa for their liking ... NOI is pro west
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by olabukola: 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
I was thinking this woman will be in jail after 2014 election.
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by WoundedLamb: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
Dansuqi:
Up Benin up buhari. we south south and south east are grateful to buhari for nominating their daughter

@bolder: we, their. undecided
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Germi9: 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Nigeria is a giant bully
hehehe!!! hahaha!!! bullyhahaha
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Germi9: 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Juliusmalema:

SA is far ahead of Nigeria in all ramifications. South Africa remains the anchor of Africa.

with Minority white oppressing blacks in their own country?what can South Africans do on their own apart from rely on the whites to think for them and feed them, and when they are fed,they come on a thread and say we are South Africans!!...no no my brother think again,you are still slaves in your own land,not until you liberate yourselves from the underground apatheid that have taken your jobs and your resources,you wont realize how poor you still are. Here we are,we may not get everything right but hey! we dey try.. atleast there is no white man in our land dictating for us,if there is..he should stay in is f!cking country and do that Okay. #there is no difference between terrorism and Xenophobia infact Xenophobia is worse cos a xenophobic human can sleep on same bed with you,eat with you and still kill you.
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Forumobserver12(m): 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Nigeria is a giant bully

Here we go again, even if it's true that Nigeria used her Economy advantage to persuade Benin Republic to drop her Candidate, must you robe it on their face by openly mocking them that we have bullied them to submission? Don't you realize that people from other countries have access to whatever we write on this forum?

Logically it would have been Diplomatically suicidal for our neighbors to do otherwise, it's called international Diplomacy.
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Depressed101: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
DuwaRepublic:
And they say all other African countries hate Nigeria lol grin

We won’t forget this Benin!
remember when one Nigerian minister was saying neighboring countries were begging us food? They were talking about Benin �� Republic grin in a second post Nigeria even exposed how much they were owing us. So I think Nigeria bullied them into supporting us
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by RTSC: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:

Bros leave that mata for mattias. Na ogwashi-uku she come from. And ogwashi-uku dey delta state
I am not denying that.
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
TMKsouth:

It's not nonsense, it's FACTS. Nonsense is going around claiming you have the most influential voice and yet get declined in your requests to join influential global groupings.

If the BRICS aren't important then why is Nigeria so desperate to join?

If the G20 is not relevant then which influential formation is Nigeria part of that rivals the G20?

When did I write that BRIC was not important?

My argument is that BRIC is just yet another of many organizations of nations. Membership is not a benchmark for all growing economies. There are far more growing economies than BRIC represents.

Also, I never said G20 was not influential. Membership policies makes it nonrepresentationally close to reality.

Think of Miss World. Only those who contest stand a chance. It doesn't mean that they are the most beautiful women in the world.
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by TMKsouth: 8:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

When did I write that BRIC was not important?

My argument is that BRIC is just yet another of many organizations of nations. Membership is not a benchmark for all growing economies. There are far more growing economies than BRIC represents.

Also, I never said G20 was not influential. Membership policies makes it nonrepresentationally close to reality.

Think of Miss World. Only those who contest stand a chance. It doesn't mean that they are the most beautiful women in the world.

1. BRICS was a contest, why didn't Nigeria join first to represent Africa since it is the Giant?

2. Here are 2 recent clear contests where SA beat Nigeria. Just look at how you embarrassed yourselves.

Just admit it, SA is the foremost global representative for Africa by a mile and a half

Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 9:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
RTSC:

I am not denying that.

Thank you
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Sleekfingers: 11:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
seunmsg:

Yes. We are the giant of Africa and we are going to ensure that our candidate becomes the DG of WTO.

giant of africa that is still battling with mere electricity in this century,....

We are giant of africa in terms of population. Developmentaly na zero
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by frog12: 5:38am On Jun 15, 2020
this woman doesnt have what it takes for this position. the others are better than her.
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by frog12: 5:39am On Jun 15, 2020
you are right. the egyptian is better.

johnmartus:
Benin republic are so stupid. Useless man .okonjo iwella not deserve that seat...I support Egypt.
Re: Benin Withdraws Nomination For WTO DG, Backs Nigeria by Arizonaguy(m): 8:54am On Jun 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Why don't you move your ass to that SA, enjoy the xenophobia and other vices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Nigeria's 62nd Independence Anniversary Christian Service. / Buhari In London Ahead Of Syria Conference(photos) / Construction Works Begin On Agbara, Lusada Roads In Ogun - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.