Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Why Is Paracetamol Use With Anti Malaria Medicine? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is Paracetamol Use With Anti Malaria Medicine? (1399 Views)

NAFDAC Nabs Businessman, Obinna Igbo, Over Importation Of Fake Anti-Malaria Drug / Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! / Pharmacist Raises Alarm Over Fake Anti-malaria Drug In Circulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Paracetamol Use With Anti Malaria Medicine? by fineboynl(m): 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
paracetamol is pain reliever and a temporal relief at that.

I have ask many pharmacist but non could give a reasonable answer. can paracetamol cure malaria they all said no. OK if it's only to relief pain why must I use it to treat malaria. they said I have to use it.

the malaria is not severe or not that disturbing and I can go on with anti malaria medicine without using paracetamol which they want me to.

it's all about using few medication as possible. medication that is needy and not unnecessary loads or dosages.
Re: Why Is Paracetamol Use With Anti Malaria Medicine? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
I think it's to help with the symptoms associated with malaria. Headache, fever and all

1 Like

Re: Why Is Paracetamol Use With Anti Malaria Medicine? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
fineboynl:
paracetamol is pain reliever and a temporal relief at that.

I have ask many pharmacist but non could give a reasonable answer. can paracetamol cure malaria they all said no. OK if it's only to relief pain why must I use it to treat malaria. they said I have to use it.

the malaria is severe or that disturbing and I can go on with anti malaria medicine without using paracetamol.

it's all about using few medication as possible. medication that is needy and not unnecessary loads or dosages.
malaria is associated with headache naw
Re: Why Is Paracetamol Use With Anti Malaria Medicine? by flyingpig: 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
Malaria is associated with following symptoms

Fever, muscle/joint aches and head ache.

Paracetamol is a pain reliever and fever reliever, hence it is used as analgesic and anti-pyretic respectively.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Paracetamol Use With Anti Malaria Medicine? by 4reala(m): 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
when the anti malaria drug attack the malaria in you, it will cause you head ache, that's why you are advice to take paracetamol so as to relieve the head ache
Re: Why Is Paracetamol Use With Anti Malaria Medicine? by Freestainworld(m): 1:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
it's simple, the antimalarial drugs causes rise in the body temperature ( fever) when it is taken because if it's action against the malaria parasite in the body, in other to calm it down, you need paracetamol to stabilize your body.
Re: Why Is Paracetamol Use With Anti Malaria Medicine? by fineboynl(m): 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
flyingpig:
Malaria is associated with following symptoms

Fever, muscle/joint aches and head ache.

Paracetamol is a pain reliever and fever reliever, hence it is used as analgesic and anti-pyretic respectively.

4reala:
when the anti malaria drug attack the malaria in you, it will cause you head ache, that's why you are advice to take paracetamol so as to relieve the head ache

Freestainworld:
it's simple, the antimalarial drugs causes rise in the body temperature ( fever) when it is taken because if it's action against the malaria parasite in the body, in other to calm it down, you need paracetamol to stabilize your body.

what if you decide not to take paracetamol? you can withstand the symptoms. would it stop the anti malaria medicine from doing it works? if there any disadvantages other than symptoms
Re: Why Is Paracetamol Use With Anti Malaria Medicine? by flyingpig: 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
[/quote][quote author=fineboynl post=90663235]

what if you decide not to take paracetamol? you can withstand the symptoms. would it stop the anti malaria medicine from doing it works? if there any disadvantages other than symptoms

It can take two days for anti-malaria therapy to begin to show noticeable signs of improvements, and people might want to be fit enough to have their schooling or job under way in the soonest possible time so paracetamol is peescribed to ameliorate the symptoms you feel so normal day to day activities can ensue, long enough for the anti-malaria therapy to clear the headache. Because the headache is not in itself a disease, but symptom of disease. So once the anti-malaria clears the malaria plasmodium in the blood the headache will go. The paracetamol is just to alleviate your pains and fever until it does clear them.

On the side, some malaria medications contain paracetamol ( para-aminosalicyclic acid ), so some people may have taken paracetamol and anti-malaria without even knowing it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Paracetamol Use With Anti Malaria Medicine? by Freestainworld(m): 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
fineboynl:

I won't stop the antimalarial from doing it's work, just like we are different so is our body, some people will withstand it while some will not, when a drug is being given in the hospital some considerations are taken like, the age, gender, body weight, those with special medical needs like diabetes, sickle cell etc, note that high body temperature lowers the blood content in your body.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Things Turmeric Can Do To Your Body - A Must Read / Increase The Size Of Your Penis And Breasts Naturally / New Health Spa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.