Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,107 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:12 AM

Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. (732 Views)

White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / SCAM ALERT: Top 5 Ways Nigerians Get Scammed On Social Media. / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by BravoDe: 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
Today makes it two years I was scammed on Nairaland and the memory has refused to leave me alone. I remember then, I was still a greenhorn in the writing business. My laptop and some writing apps were my tools of the trade. My Fiverr account wasn't fully registered then. So I decided to pick up one or two gigs on Nairaland.
That was how a fellow writer I met on the site introduced a client to me for a ghostwriting gig. Just 20,000 words. Should be a mystery/murder theme. There should be undertones of romance and if possible spray the whole writings with small thriller. The pay was #50,000. Simple stufvss.
Although a part of me was telling me to decline the offer. I wasn't used to ghostwriting. I only do lots of 'you're as beautiful as the moon' kind of poetry. But school was in session and person need money. So I accepted the job, signed some Non Disclosure Agreement form. Even filled in my University Matriculation number and join.
Within five days I was already in the North of 15,000 words. Everyday I send updates to this client on WhatsApp and when he approves, I move on. If there are errors or a part of the story he doesn't like. I make corrections before proceeding. That was how cordial the relationship was before everything later ended in tears.
On the seventh day I finished this gig. Did some editings, passed the whole writing through two different sites for plagiarism. My grammarly account corrected all the blunders and my editor friend also did a quick work on the whole piece.
Oya o, oga work is ready come and pay me my money. That was where the devil took over the matter. First it was late replies coming in, then stories followed. A day later Baba blocked me. I first did 24 hours fasting and prayer, then I tracked his contact to Facebook, LinkedIn and His email address.
He said he'd report me to the school authorities if I should sell the story to another willing buyer that I must have forgotten that I signed a NDA. On top a work you refused to pay for and I'll still go to jail again. At that moment, I instantly regretted ever joining Nairaland.
I contacted a friend who linked me up to a law student in my university. It was this law guy that gave me several ideas on how to force my money out. I was happy it worked and within three days, my fraudulent client paid 40K.
Mr Chuks who reside in Lagos, anywhere you are my God will judge you. My remaining 10K will mysteriously disappear from your bank. It is two years now, but Host of Heaven will never forget you bastard.

Sources: https://www.facebook.com/100004436532776/posts/1888469091310957/?app=fbl

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by BravoDe: 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
Lalasticlala Mynd44 There are naive people out there that need to learn.
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by Davash222(m): 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
Happy anniversary bro.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by Enskynelson(m): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
WOW!
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by GOFRONT(m): 1:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
90% have lost faith in Online transaction..

2 Likes

Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by Freestainworld(m): 1:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
you should thank God you recovered major part of the money, and learn to forgive, 10k won't kill you, I guess you learnt a lot with that experience, sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by Jcael(m): 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mr man....u better move on....and stop typing stories here.
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by Vyzz: 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Take heart

It seems u haven't moved on yet
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by Risentouch(m): 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Happy anniversary

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by bmdmixer: 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
wat did d person do with d story?
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by Engrgreg231(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
There's money online but the hypocrisy is so scary

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by onward4life(m): 1:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
Enskynelson:
WOW!

My response to online investments

2 Shares

Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by Samabu07(m): 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
BravoDe:
Today makes it two years I was scammed on Nairaland and the memory has refused to leave me alone. I remember then, I was still a greenhorn in the writing business. My laptop and some writing apps were my tools of the trade. My Fiverr account wasn't fully registered then. So I decided to pick up one or two gigs on Nairaland.
That was how a fellow writer I met on the site introduced a client to me for a ghostwriting gig. Just 20,000 words. Should be a mystery/murder theme. There should be undertones of romance and if possible spray the whole writings with small thriller. The pay was #50,000. Simple stufvss.
Although a part of me was telling me to decline the offer. I wasn't used to ghostwriting. I only do lots of 'you're as beautiful as the moon' kind of poetry. But school was in session and person need money. So I accepted the job, signed some Non Disclosure Agreement form. Even filled in my University Matriculation number and join.
Within five days I was already in the North of 15,000 words. Everyday I send updates to this client on WhatsApp and when he approves, I move on. If there are errors or a part of the story he doesn't like. I make corrections before proceeding. That was how cordial the relationship was before everything later ended in tears.
On the seventh day I finished this gig. Did some editings, passed the whole writing through two different sites for plagiarism. My grammarly account corrected all the blunders and my editor friend also did a quick work on the whole piece.
Oya o, oga work is ready come and pay me my money. That was where the devil took over the matter. First it was late replies coming in, then stories followed. A day later Baba blocked me. I first did 24 hours fasting and prayer, then I tracked his contact to Facebook, LinkedIn and His email address.
He said he'd report me to the school authorities if I should sell the story to another willing buyer that I must have forgotten that I signed a NDA. On top a work you refused to pay for and I'll still go to jail again. At that moment, I instantly regretted ever joining Nairaland.
I contacted a friend who linked me up to a law student in my university. It was this law guy that gave me several ideas on how to force my money out. I was happy it worked and within three days, my fraudulent client paid 40K.
Mr Chuks who reside in Lagos, anywhere you are my God will judge you. My remaining 10K will mysteriously disappear from your bank. It is two years now, but Host of Heaven will never forget you bastard.

Sources: https://www.facebook.com/100004436532776/posts/1888469091310957/?app=fbl
If you could write articles so well like two years ago shows how good you are. I am sure by now you have graduated to a full scale writing business.
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by judetov2(m): 2:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
BravoDe:

lies all...he just want to discredit igbos, that is why u see him mentioning "Mr chuks".
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by Folabifreeman(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
Foolish post
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by BravoDe: 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
judetov2:
lies all...he just want to discredit igbos, that is why u see him mentioning "Mr chuks".

Check the link well bro, I saw it on my Facebook news feed, that's why I post it here and even dropped a link, the guy that posted it is a prolific writer in the university, you can check his wall if he's tribal..maybe I should remove the name
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by BravoDe: 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Folabifreeman:
Foolish post
Are you a scammer? Do you support crime?
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by BravoDe: 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
BravoDe:
Lalasticlala Mynd44 There are naive people out there that need to learn.
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by Harry00(m): 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
Happy anniversary
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by Folabifreeman(m): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
BravoDe:

Are you a scammer? Do you support crime?

2 years later haven already collected 95% of agreed sum. What's with the sensational headline asif and no dime was paid
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by BravoDe: 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
Folabifreeman:

2 years later haven already collected 95% of agreed sum. What's with the sensational headline asif and no dime was paid
So that newbies on NL won't fall for the same scam.
Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by etibaba(m): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Happy anniversary.

1 Like

Re: Today Makes It Two Years I Was Scammed On Nairaland. by Mayng01(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
Legit or not, l don’t do online transactions. But l do payment after delivery.

(1) (Reply)

Poor Girl Raped And Killed In Church / Man Uses Live Snake As Face Mask In Bus / Endsars,kaduna Youths Protests Against Sars Brutality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.