Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics (611 Views)

Ex-Governors Who Are New ‘godfathers’ In Their States / 2019: Meet The New Powerful ‘godfathers’ Who May Shape Elections / 2019: Godfathers In Political Battles With Godsons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
The ills of godfather politics cannot be overemphasised, it has become a cancerous growth in the politics of Nigeria. The masses of most parts of Nigeria has been relegated to mere spectators in the politics of who to select to best represent them in positions of authority.

Some parts of the country has stood up and are almost free of the evils of godfather politics to the extent that it's at its barest. Let's see a lot of these examples

Oshiomole was able to install Obaseki, and came back and flushed him when he wanted, the whole people of Edo were bystanders to the whole drama.

Tinubu installed fashola, installed Ambode, installed Sanwo olu, and if he wakes up tomorrow and wants him impeached next week, Obasa will be governor by this time next week.

In contrast,

Jim Nwobodo installed Chimaroke, Chimaroke retired him from politics
Chimaroke installed Sullivan chime, Chime turned round and kicked him out of the PDP,
Sullivan installed Gburugburu, Gburugburu didn't want any meddlement so blocked Sullivan who ran into APC and political obscurity.
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Poloyanabo2(m): 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
godfatherism has come to stay in nigerian politics, there's little or nothing you and i can do to stop it.
I wouldave suggested education but the people being tossed about are supposedly educated people.
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
Poloyanabo2:
godfatherism has come to stay in nigerian politics, there's little or nothing you and i can do to stop it.
I wouldave suggested education but the people being tossed about are supposedly educated people.

Education can help, because it seems the evil survives more in areas where the masses are more illiterate and poor.

4 Likes

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Poloyanabo2(m): 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
SLAP44:

Education can help, because it seems the evil survives more in areas where the masses are more illiterate and poor.
On point!
And re-orientation is important too, cos in my area some supposedly enlightened people are already used to the thinking that the favours of godfathers must be curried for one to be succesful in politics.
Its a negative orientation.

1 Like

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 3:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
My research has shown me that there is no single person that can become a godfather in a literate and rich state like Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Abia, Enugu or Ebonyi.

2 Likes

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
Poloyanabo2:

On point!
And re-orientation is important too, cos in my area some supposedly enlightened people are already used to the thinking that the favours of godfathers must be curried for one to be succesful in politics.
Its a negative orientation.

Re orientation is very important because our masses have all suffered this psychological damage due to long years of seeing the wrong acts perpetrated by some dubious politicians.
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by BlowYourMind: 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
Someone should help me with the infamous popular Okija shrine story
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Someone should help me with the infamous popular Okija shrine story

It must be on Google, but make sure you are not trying to use it to derail the topic. Contribute wisely.

1 Like

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Poloyanabo2(m): 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
SLAP44:

Re orientation is very important because our masses have all suffered this psychological damage due to long years of seeing the wrong acts perpetrated by some dubious politicians.
And they too are patiently waiting for their turns to perpetrate such acts.
Thats why re-orientation is vital to avoid recycling.

1 Like

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
There's God father in any position, even udom was brought out by akpabio, I'm sure udom will be a God father to the next governor.

Removing a God father doesn't mean a state isn't free of God fatheris.
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
There's God father in any position, even udom was brought out by akpabio, I'm sure udom will be a God father to the next governor.

Removing a God father doesn't mean a state isn't free of God fatheris.

In the Udom scenario, Udom was able to kick out Akpabio because of how literate the people of the state are. Removing a godfather means a society is resistant of evil forces who might want to impoverish a whole people for sheer greed.

3 Likes

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
There is godfatherism in every country as far as politics is concerned. The problem with Nigerian type is that the godfathers are known to the public. Also, when the godson get small power, he will start whining mouth as if there was no agreement in the first place.

Even Buhari was brought in by somebody. The Buhari abracadabra is still sustained by the same godfather that brought him in.

Any shortfall, the godfather fixes. If buhari people breach their agreement, all the hidden news about Buhari from 2016 till date will be released by popular foreign media and whatever that follows. He was brought in by the West. West is still shielding the presidency cos of what they are gaining. Whether Nigeria is burning isn't their business. That is godfatherism in action.
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
sassysure:
There is godfatherism in every country as far as politics is concerned. The problem with Nigerian type is that the godfathers are known to the public. Also, when the godson get small power, he will start whining mouth as if there was no agreement in the first place.

Even Buhari was brought in by somebody. The Buhari abracadabra is still sustained by the same godfather that brought him in.

Any shortfall, the godfather fixes. If buhari people breach their agreement, all the hidden news about Buhari from 2016 till date will be released by popular foreign media and whatever that follows. He was brought in by the West. West is still shielding the presidency cos of what they are gaining. Whether Nigeria is burning isn't their business. That is godfatherism in action.

What you wrote is largely correct, but the godfatherism is aggravated because of illiteracy. That's my own point, do you think an enlightened society can sit idly while what happens in Nigeria happens?
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
SLAP44:

In the Udom scenario, Udom was able to kick out Akpabio because of how literate the people of the state are. Removing a godfather means a society is resistant of evil forces who might want to impoverish a whole people for sheer greed.
udom was able to win because he has the people support, if udom didn't achieve anything in akwa ibom, the people would have turn against him.

Edo people removed igbinedion godfatherism in Edo state and made him irrelevant because oshiomole had the people support.

Obaseki is probably the worst governor in Edo state after igbenedion, the people don't like him and oshiomole was smart enough to choose a very popular candidate "ize iyamu".
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
SLAP44:

What you wrote is largely correct, but the godfatherism is aggravated because of illiteracy. That's my own point, do you think an enlightened society can sit idly while what happens in Nigeria happens?
Illiteracy is different from common sense and wisdom.
Our problem is not illiteracy but lack of wisdom.
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
udom was able to win because he has the people support, if udom didn't achieve anything in akwa ibom, the people would have turn against him.

Edo people removed igbinedion godfatherism in Edo state and made him irrelevant because oshiomole had the people support.

Obaseki is probably the worst governor in Edo state after igbenedion, the people don't like him and oshiomole was smart enough to choose a very popular candidate "ize iyamu".

The people support you are referring in Akwa Ibom scenario is what I will like to call literate and well to do masses who decided not to buy into Akpabio godfatherism because they have something to eat.

In the case of Igbenedion, OBJ was after him all the time and helped pave the way for Oshiomole because of their labour pacts. Not the peoples support. Obaseki is probably not worse than Oshiomole but the godfatherism factor is playing in oshiomole favour because the masses are hungry and wants to chop from what they think is a godfather figure. Nobody can do that in a state where people are literate and rich.

1 Like

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
sassysure:

Illiteracy is different from common sense and wisdom.
Our problem is not illiteracy but lack of wisdom.

Agreed, but do you think someone who is hungry can have common sense or wisdom at the same time? grin
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
SLAP44:

Agreed, but do you think someone who is hungry can have common sense or wisdom at the same time? grin

It still.common sense and wisdom that made other countries not to be as hungry as we are in Nigeria.
Swhen common sense is aptly applied, lots of things will naturally die away.
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
Wike is the Godfather of PDP, PDP members and supporters. He is their Lord and Saviour.

PDP should stamp out God fatherism first starting with
1. Atiku , the Godfather of Fintiri , Governor of Adamawa
2. Wike , the Godfather of Secondus, the national chairman of PDP
3. Peter Obi ,the Godfather of Anambra PDP and Obiano
4. Nnamdi Kanu, the Godfather of IPOB and Biafra
5. Serike Dickson, the Godfather of Diri , Governor of Bayelsa State
6. Patience Jonathan, the Godmother of Wike
7. Ibori, the God father of Okowa, Governor of Delta State.
8. FFK and Reno , Godfathers of online Wailers
9. Kwankwaso , the Godfather of Kano PDP
10. Bukola Saraki, the Godfather of Kwara PDP
11. Fayose, the Godfather of PDP and PDP candidate in Ekiti
12. Chimaroke Nnamani, the Godfather of Chime and Ekweremadu
13. Chime , Godfather of Ugwuanyi
14. Obasanjo, Godfather of Yaradua and Jonathan
15. Adedibu , Godfather of Ladoja and Alao- Akala

Typing

2 Likes

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
myboy2111:
Wike is the Godfather of PDP, PDP members and supporters. He is their Lord and Savior.

Nyesom Wike defeated a Godson of rotimi Amaechi and has been ruling his people well. He won a second tenure despite federal might. This was only possible because the people of the state were literate and rich.
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Unigrad: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

Just close your mouth.
Who told you that Edo people don't like Obaseki? Who told you Obaseki is the worst governor Edo has ever produce?
Obaseki performed more than Oshiomole. Go see all Oshiomole works, they are nowhere to be found because they were all substandard works.
Where is the #30B Oshiomole borrowed from world bank to arrest erosion in Edo State, did he do anything with it? It will take Edo state 25years to pay back the debt and Edo is still suffering from erosion problem. Show me where Obaseki have borrowed money?
Have leaves almost all my life in Edo State, I know much about Edo politics. If I tell you Obaseki performed 100%, I'm lying. He is human, he can make mistakes but all his performance are laudable and visible even to the blind.
Let's stop playing politics and be truthful for once. I'm saying this not because Obaseki gave me anything, have not met with him nor has he given me anything, I have to stand for what is true. My question is, have the APC said he has not perform?
Ize Iyamu that you are supporting now because you are gaining or you plan to gain something from him, what did he achieved as chief of staff and secretary to Edo state government during Igbinedion tenures?
The money Edo State got from Sure P, about #700M, what did he do with it?
You are supporting who is going to run your future and next generation dry.
Take care.

1 Like

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Tap0lane: 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
Was it God that installed Theodore Orji, Ikpeazu, Okowa, Obiano, Ugwuayi, Umahi.

Your igbotic head no correct for not listing all the fools above as example of those installed by godfather.

SLAP44:
The ills of godfather politics cannot be overemphasised, it has become a cancerous growth in the politics of Nigeria. The masses of most parts of Nigeria has been relegated to mere spectators in the politics of who to select to best represent them in positions of authority.

Some parts of the country has stood up and are almost free of the evils of godfather politics to the extent that it's at its barest. Let's see a lot of these examples

Oshiomole was able to install Obaseki, and came back and flushed him when he wanted, the whole people of Edo were bystanders to the whole drama.

Tinubu installed fashola, installed Ambode, installed Sanwo olu, and if he wakes up tomorrow and wants him impeached next week, Obasa will be governor by this time next week.

In contrast,

Chimaroke installed Sullivan chime, Chime turned round and kicked him out of the PDP,
Sullivan installed Gburugburu, Gburugburu didn't want any meddlement so blocked Sullivan who ran into APC and political obscurity.

1 Like

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Unigrad:

Just close your mouth.
Who told you that Edo people don't like Obaseki? Who told you Obaseki is the worst governor Edo has ever produce?
Obaseki performed more than Oshiomole. Go see all Oshiomole works, they are nowhere to be found because they were all substandard works.
Where is the #30B Oshiomole borrowed from world bank to arrest erosion in Edo State, did he do anything with it? It will take Edo state 25years to pay back the debt and Edo is still suffering from erosion problem. Show me where Obaseki have borrowed money?
Have leaves almost all my life in Edo State, I know much about Edo politics. If I tell you Obaseki performed 100%, I'm lying. He is human, he can make mistakes but all his performance are laudable and visible even to the blind.
Let's stop playing politics and be truthful for once. I'm saying this not because Obaseki gave me anything, have not met with him nor has he given me anything, I have to stand for what is true. My question is, have the APC said he has not perform?
Ize Iyamu that you are supporting now because you are gaining or you plan to gain something from him, what did he achieved as chief of staff and secretary to Edo state government during Igbinedion tenures?
The money Edo State got from Sure P, about #700M, what did he do with it?
You are supporting who is going to run your future and next generation dry.
Take care.

This is why I will want all decent people in Edo to rise above godfatherism and vote for Obaseki if he truly worked for them. Godfatherism only enriches the godfathers and impoverish the masses of the states.

1 Like

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
Tap0lane:
Was it God that installed Theodore Orji, Ikpeazu, Okowa, Obiano, Ugwuayi, Umahi.

Your igbotic head no correct for not list all the fools above as example of those installed by godfather.

If only you can lay your points in a civil way without insults, I will respond to your points and we can debate like matured people. Thank you for your understanding.
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Tap0lane: 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
SLAP44:
My research has shown me that there is no single person that can become a godfather in a literate and rich state like Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Abia, Enugu or Ebonyi.

Look at this fool.

Anambra - No be Peter Obi install Obiano
Akwa Ibom - Akpabi install Udom
Abia - the worse state now turned into a wretched state by godbastard not even godfather. From the jailed Kalu Orji to the fraudster Theodore Orji n now the complete n colossal failure Ikpeazu.

I doubt if Abia can ever be saved for ever again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Tap0lane: 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
SLAP44:

If only you can lay your points in a civil way without insults, I will respond to your points and we can debate like matured people. Thank you for your understanding.

You debates foolish igbo that refuse to remove the log in their fathers eye yet prefer to cross the river Niger to come remove log in states doing beta than their father can ever accomplished.

1 Like

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
Tap0lane:

Look at this fool.

Anambra - No be Peter Obi install Obiano
Akwa Ibom - Akpabi install Udom
Abia - the worse state now turned into a wretched state by godbastard not even godfather. From the jailed Kalu Orji to the fraudster Theodore Orji n now the complete n colossal failure Ikpeazu.

I doubt if Abia can ever be saved for ever again.

Stop throwing insults, you will never learn if you keep rushing to insult people while you didn't even understand the topic before flying off your tangent.

What I was saying is that even as Obi installed Obiano, Obiano is no longer under Obi control.

I also mean that even as Akpabio installed Udom, he cannot remove him no matter how much he used federal might in 2019 elections.

Do you now understand?

Good boy.

1 Like

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Tap0lane:

You debates foolish igbo that refuse to remove the log in their fathers eye yet prefer to cross the river Niger to come remove log in states doing beta than their father can ever accomplished.

Is there something else frustrating you?

Because I can't understand what is biting you.

Keep to the points of the topic.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by Hunchogee: 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2020
Education as a role to play, honestly Akwa Ibom and Rivers are good example of this

2 Likes

Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by bobowaja(m): 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2020
SLAP44:

In contrast,

Las las ikpeazu share kerosene and won re election. grin grin

You guys neglected ur wastelands to gloat over other peoples lands and what happens there. Why not agitate for better govt in ur lands? Why run away from your lands and turn around to shame the govt of those lands u run to? Deep hypocrisy
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by SLAP44: 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
bobowaja:

Las las ikpeazu share kerosene and won re election. grin grin

You guys neglected ur wastelands to gloat over other peoples lands and what happens there. Why not agitate for better govt in ur lands? Why run away from your lands and turn around to shame the govt of those lands u run to? Deep hypocrisy

Who is the godfather of your state?
Re: Decent Societies Can Stamp Out Godfathers In Politics by slivertongue: 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2020
operation STAMP OUT OSHIOMOLE

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Tinubu The Most Powerful And Popular Political Death Or Alive? / Pastor Ize Iyamu is the Governorship Candidate of APC in Edo State- APC NEC / NOW OFFICIAL: Former Oyo Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.