Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Pls Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Help (499 Views)

Product Activation Failed..llwhat Is Wrong With My Microsoft Package?pls Help / Pls Help Oo / Can Some Body Pls Help Me With Bluetooth On My Window 7 Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help by chidoziekingsley: 6:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
Please can all optical drives write/burn to disc and which disk is an exception
Re: Pls Help by Adewale1603(m): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
I think some disks are write protected, and can't be overwrite, erased. So you can't use such disk to burn things. About the optical drives, depending on the model, some optical drive has this light scribe label technology disk, that can bypass write protected disk, such optical drives can be used for any disk, but normal optical drives can only use an empty cd disk, it can't use write protected cd disk
Re: Pls Help by chidoziekingsley: 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Adewale1603:
I think some disks are write protected, and can't be overwrite, erased. So you can't use such disk to burn things. About the optical drives, depending on the model, some optical drive has this light scribe label technology disk, that can bypass write protected disk, such optical drives can be used for any disk, but normal optical drives can only use an empty cd disk, it can't use write protected cd disk
My question is can all optical drives burn to any empty disc whether it is cd rom or dvd r or cd rw or dvdrw
Re: Pls Help by Adewale1603(m): 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
chidoziekingsley:

My question is can all optical drives burn to any empty disc whether it is cd rom or dvd r or cd rw or dvdrw
Yes, with the necessary cd burner softwares and most optical drives are combinations all of cd, dvd, cd rw e.t.c
Re: Pls Help by chidoziekingsley: 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
Adewale1603:

Yes, with the necessary cd burner softwares and most optical drives are combinations all of cd, dvd, cd rw e.t.c

But does file Explorer recognize an empty dvd+r(like when you insert a disc it shoes the name, because I tried and it writes no description in the drive) disc and can i burn it with noreal file Explorer burner disc.
Sorry for too much questions
Re: Pls Help by Adewale1603(m): 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
chidoziekingsley:

But does file Explorer recognize an empty dvd+r(like when you insert a disc it shoes the name, because I tried and it writes no description in the drive) disc and can i burn it with noreal file Explorer burner disc.
Sorry for too much questions
when you insert a disc, yeah, it would show in the Dvd rw disk drive and a pop up message from the file explorer, asking you what to do with the disc, whether to open the file, play directly or share media. The disc would be blank in the case of an empty disc, and you can rename it, after burning the files. It wouldn't work if the disc
has bad sector or the optical drive could not read it
Re: Pls Help by chidoziekingsley: 7:40am On Jun 15, 2020
Adewale1603:

when you insert a disc, yeah, it would show in the Dvd rw disk drive and a pop up message from the file explorer, asking you what to do with the disc, whether to open the file, play directly or share media. The disc would be blank in the case of an empty disc, and you can rename it, after burning the files. It wouldn't work if the disc
has bad sector or the optical drive could not read it
when you say optical disk could not read it is it after burning or before burning
Re: Pls Help by Adewale1603(m): 7:52am On Jun 15, 2020
chidoziekingsley:
when you say optical disk could not read it is it after burning or before burning
before burning at all, when you insert some disc, the optical drive would not read it or detect it if the disc is bad or the optical drive is weak itself. Some can read it but would not open the contents on the disc or not responding.
Re: Pls Help by chidoziekingsley: 8:05am On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=Adewale1603 post=90683724]
before burning at all, when you insert some disc, the optical drive would not read it or detect it if the disc is bad or the optical drive is weak itself. Some can read it but would not open the contents on the disc or not responding. [/quote
Thanks cos I heard that some optical disk can only write to cd and not dvd technology.
Thanks once again for answering all the question
Re: Pls Help by chidoziekingsley: 8:08am On Jun 15, 2020
Adewale1603:

before burning at all, when you insert some disc, the optical drive would not read it or detect it if the disc is bad or the optical drive is weak itself. Some can read it but would not open the contents on the disc or not responding.
Thanks for answering all the question .
But I heard some optical drive can't write to dvd technology and only cd
Re: Pls Help by Adewale1603(m): 10:26am On Jun 15, 2020
chidoziekingsley:

Thanks for answering all the question .
But I heard some optical drive can't write to dvd technology and only cd
yes
Re: Pls Help by chidoziekingsley: 5:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
Adewale1603:

yes
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Accessories/phone Accessories_chargers Bluetooth Devices / HP Probook 6450b / Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop US USED SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.