Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Why Buying The Ps5 Is A Wrong Choice If You Have A Ps4 Or Ps4 Pro - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why Buying The Ps5 Is A Wrong Choice If You Have A Ps4 Or Ps4 Pro (1346 Views)

Pls Which Is Best For Playing Gta 5 Is Ps4 Or Pc / PS5 Is Out For N192,000 / Hacked Ps4 Or Unhacked Ps4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buying The Ps5 Is A Wrong Choice If You Have A Ps4 Or Ps4 Pro by Deedax(m): 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
On June 12th, 2020, Sony revealed the PlayStation 5 and while the console is a beauty and a beast, there are quite a few reasons why you shouldn’t rush in and try to buy it if you currently own last gen console. It has been a standard in the consoles versus PC war for the PC to win when it comes to graphics and performance but the console industry seems to be trying to change that narrative as the PS5 is rumored to be capable of running games at 60FPS in 4K and 120FPS in 1080P. The upgrade that the PS5 is to bring is quite nice but the thing is…is it worth it coming from a PS4.
One big reason why you shouldn’t buy the PS5 is Sony’s own marketing pattern, We have seen in previous iterations like the PS3 and PS4 that the timeline goes from point A, which is the release of the initial console to point B, the release of a slimmer but not necessarily as powerful as the original console to point C, the release of a pro version which brings a substantial degree of updates and features at the same price point. It is highly likely the pattern will recur in the PS5 in the next few years.
Again, if you are not that into gameplay performance and you tend to pay more attention to visual quality of games and you own a PS4, it might just be more worth it to save up and wait for at least a PS5 Pro. With the PS5, Sony seems to be focusing on performance as mentioned earlier so visual quality isn’t going to see a lot of change.
In conclusion, the PS5 seems to be a promising console with nice specifications and all but, rushing in to upgrade from a PS4 or PS4 Pro doesn’t just seem to be the right move, at least until we see the PS5 Pro which will probably come in a few years.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying The Ps5 Is A Wrong Choice If You Have A Ps4 Or Ps4 Pro by meobizy(f): 12:34am On Jun 15, 2020
I’ll get one anyway. God will punish Sony for their high range, mid range and low range console options. Back in the day it was you either had the console or didn't. I also never liked the introduction of mini systems; one console offering was more than enough.
Re: Why Buying The Ps5 Is A Wrong Choice If You Have A Ps4 Or Ps4 Pro by mrMeen(m): 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2020
The reason why the ps4 needed an upgraded pro was because when it launched it was severely weak and with the advent of 4k they needed a system to take advantage of it.

As it is now if not for greed i do not think PlayStation will release a pro version of ps5 because it is already 8k ready, the ps5 is already like 7 times more powerful than the pro and with a vastly superior storage capabilities.

To me if I have the money immediately ps5 pre-order pages are up I would order one instantly even If it is $599(which I expected you to talk about because price is the most determinant to people upgrading to new consoles).
Re: Why Buying The Ps5 Is A Wrong Choice If You Have A Ps4 Or Ps4 Pro by olarrtt: 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2020
mrMeen:
The reason why the ps4 needed an upgraded pro was because when it launched it was severely weak and with the advent of 4k they needed a system to take advantage of it.

As it is now if not for greed i do not think PlayStation will release a pro version of ps5 because it is already 8k ready, the ps5 is already like 7 times more powerful than the pro and with a vastly superior storage capabilities.

To me if I have the money immediately ps5 pre-order pages are up I would order one instantly even If it is $599(which I expected you to talk about because price is the most determinant to people upgrading to new consoles).

exactly, if the is can be related to am sure folks won't even bother owing ps5 without selling their ps4
Re: Why Buying The Ps5 Is A Wrong Choice If You Have A Ps4 Or Ps4 Pro by Zannx(m): 8:50am On Jun 16, 2020
(PS4 gamer) if I have the money. i will get one
Re: Why Buying The Ps5 Is A Wrong Choice If You Have A Ps4 Or Ps4 Pro by Simplecity(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2020
Lol.....If you no geh money hide your face no dey beat around bush grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Download Your Preferred Offline PS4 Games / Brand New Xbox 360 Elite For Sale. N70000(08055243594) / Naija Gamers *NEW* Whatsapp Group...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.