Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? (2729 Views)

Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Why Has The Tide Turned Against The ACN? / Un Report Says Nigeria Militants Strike Fear Across Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by archive(f): 7:39am On Jan 31, 2011
Look up Gabon. There was almost a revolution there
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by 10cirenoh: 8:15am On Jan 31, 2011
Sudan does not need any revolution, they have already voted to divide the country, so that issue has been solved.

Nigerian youth are the most lazy, frightened of all the youths in Africa. they know their oppressors, yet they have never taken any steps to stopping it.

Lazy and weak bunch.
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by ababda: 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
The protest in sudan have nothing to do with the split of the country, like Egypt, Tunisa and Yemen. People of Northern Sudan is tire of this regime. I heard from fews friends there are plans for more protest the following week.
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by paraphase(m): 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2011
-
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by seedord247(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2011
paraphase:

[/b]

, and what about you, you are from Congo? Like you dont know your oppressors too. Take the first step and we will follow you.Mumu angry

[b]GBAM
grin grin grin grin
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by Dave6: 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2011
It seems it's heating up in Jordan also.
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by 10cirenoh: 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2011
paraphase:

[b][/b]

, and what about you, you are from Congo? Like you dont know your oppressors too. Take the first step and we will follow you.Mumu angry

You're a hornless goat, have you ever been part of any protest in Nigeria? i am a youth and i have represented before, have you?

Don't think you have the monopoly to insults, i will give it to you big time, goathead.
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by redsun(m): 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2011
The people rules.Why  governments,big corporations and banks get away a mass manipulation and murder is something that keeps baffling me.

There is no government without the people.
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by texazzpete(m): 3:41pm On Feb 02, 2011
Black africans have no balls. That is the truth.
The revolution is sweeping only across the Arab/berber world. Nobody is going to enter the streets of Lagos grin
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by Anaegboka(m): 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2011
sage:

@Post

North Africa is White and Arab but that is not the reason why they are revolting and has nothing to do with what is going on

Its a case of jobless youth and corrupt regimes that want to stay in power forever.

There are certainly other parts of Africa where this could happen also if the conditions are right for it
like Nigeria
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by tlops(m): 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2011
Libya, next
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by EzeUche2(m): 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2011
I would not say that Black Africans have no balls. If you start messing with Black Africans money, then there will be rioting in the streets. And rising food prices may also spur protest, because it seems that food prices have reached their highest level ever.
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by EzeUche2(m): 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2011
tlops:

Libya, next

I don't know about that. Libya seems to be quite peaceful at this moment. I am actually shocked that nothing is happening to that regime. Jordan surprised me, because King Abdullah II is one of the most progressive leaders in the region. But the people of Jordan wanted another Prime Minister.

Update -

Protest have gotten violent between Pro-Government supporters and Anti-Government supporters.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/02/02/egypt.protests/index.html?hpt=T1
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by paraphase(m): 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2011
a
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by mamagee3(f): 12:07am On Feb 03, 2011
I think this mu-slowpoke has a left ear hearing problem. . .

His people have said they are tired of him and wants him to get the flip out of the presidential palace but he just would not listen to their outcry.

I think it's time for them to bomb the presidential palace already.
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by zibby(m): 12:13am On Feb 03, 2011
EzeUche_:

I don't know about that. Libya seems to be quite peaceful at this moment. I am actually shocked that nothing is happening to that regime. Jordan surprised me, because King Abdullah II is one of the most progressive leaders in the region. But the people of Jordan wanted another Prime Minister.

Update -

Protest have gotten violent between Pro-Government supporters and Anti-Government supporters.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/02/02/egypt.protests/index.html?hpt=T1

Isn't it the progressive ones that are getting a kicking?  Or the pro-Western ones, should I say?  Tunisia . . . Egypt . . .  Jordan . . .  A BBC commentator earlier today said that this whole thing might serve as a lesson to the Arab states in general, that being seen to be strong and independent is better than being seen as a Western sympathiser.  My words, not theirs; their analysis, not mine.  wink
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by bkbabe97y(m): 12:15am On Feb 03, 2011
mama-gee:

I think it's tme for them to bomb the presidential palace already.[/color]

Damn. . . . this ho crazy!!!!
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by mamagee3(f): 1:02am On Feb 03, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Damn. . . . this [size=72pt]ho[/size] crazy!!!!
Tell me you weren't referring to me, child!
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by jaytwn: 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2011
u guys shud stop blabing. why cant u be first to self-immulate urslf and den odas follow ur trend or probably get motivated. no wonder, the empty vessel makes the loudest surutu(noise). lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by Ezebu(m): 7:32pm On Feb 06, 2011
Good Nigerians, always talking and not working!Too much palava in all the region of the country both government and the masses idling away time.Do something somebody to revolutionize one thing in 9ja!
Re: Revolution Across Africa: Turning Tide? by Goldman360: 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2018
Algerian Revolution in Frantz Fanon: A Paradigm for the North African Revolutions

North Africans have been comfortable under this system of rule until recently when the masses saw the need for exercise of their freedom and rights and these exercise of freedom and rights are not compatible with monarchical system of government and there comes the need for change in the system of government...

http://www.scharticles.com/algerian-revolution-in-frantz-fanon-a-paradigm-for-the-north-african-revolutions/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Govt Cuts Overhead Expenditure By 30 Per Cent / Gunmen (boko Hara) Attack Police Station In Nigeria's Kano Again / The Last President Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.