Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Why The Dead Is Not Resting Until They Are Buried? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Dead Is Not Resting Until They Are Buried? (442 Views)

Do You Believe The Dead Is Always With Us And Why? / Prophet T.B. Joshua Of SCOAN, Is Dead Is FALSE! / Can You Pray For The Dead? Is It A Futile Effort? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Dead Is Not Resting Until They Are Buried? by fineboynl(m): 2:17am On Jun 15, 2020
in many tradition and religion. it's believe the dead is not resting until they are properly buried.

if true then why is it so?
Re: Why The Dead Is Not Resting Until They Are Buried? by ArcFresky(m): 2:24am On Jun 15, 2020
If you read the bible, burial is only to protect those alive from diseases.

It's only a symbolic gesture. When you die, your spirit leaves the body, anything that happens to the body does not affect you, unless you had some spiritual covenant.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Dead Is Not Resting Until They Are Buried? by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Jun 15, 2020
I say cremate that sucker and spare us from disease! grin

2 Likes

Re: Why The Dead Is Not Resting Until They Are Buried? by fineboynl(m): 11:07am On Jun 15, 2020
ArcFresky:
If you read the bible, burial is only to protect those alive from diseases.

It's only a symbolic gesture. When you die, your spirit leaves the body, anything that happens to the body does not affect you, unless you had some spiritual covenant.
have you witness where Christian Church burial their dead? if yes then you would understand that you are contrarily.
Re: Why The Dead Is Not Resting Until They Are Buried? by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
fineboynl:
have you witness where Christian Church burial their dead? if yes then you would understand that you are contrarily.
That depends on the extra doctrine said Christian church has adopted in ignorance of Christ's words.

Jesus Christ said " Let the dead bury their dead". He did not say the dead need peace or any of that hoodoo stuff that people like to believe. Was Jesus wrong? You decide
Re: Why The Dead Is Not Resting Until They Are Buried? by fineboynl(m): 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

That depends on the extra doctrine said Christian church has adopted in ignorance of Christ's words.

Jesus Christ said " Let the dead bury their dead". He did not say the dead need peace or any of that hoodoo stuff that people like to believe. Was Jesus wrong? You decide

Matthew 26:12 By pouring this perfume on Me, she has prepared ... - Bible Hub

https://biblehub.com › matthew

For this woman, in pouring this fragrant oil on My body, did it for My burial.
Re: Why The Dead Is Not Resting Until They Are Buried? by Kobojunkie: 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2020
fineboynl:

Matthew 26:12 By pouring this perfume on Me, she has prepared ... - Bible Hub

https://biblehub.com › matthew

For this woman, in pouring this fragrant oil on My body, did it for My burial.
She has prepared him, while He was still alive ok. So should we all adopt that then? Prepare ourselves with fragrant oil long before our actual deaths for burial as well? undecided undecided
Is that how Jesus taught that we should do it?
Re: Why The Dead Is Not Resting Until They Are Buried? by DragnetisaKuk(f): 6:33pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I say cremate that sucker and spare us from disease! grin

(/° • °)/ ~ |_____|
Re: Why The Dead Is Not Resting Until They Are Buried? by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Jun 16, 2020
@OP, I don't believe for one second that the dead are uncomfortable or not at rest because that suggests they are still able to feel like we do, and care about the very things of the world as we, the living, do.

(1) (Reply)

"This FRAUD Must Be Judged By God"- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On COVID19, Lockdown / History Of Bacon: A Man Who Propounded The Scientific Methods / MFM Prayer Points For September - Pastor D.K. Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.