Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months (17320 Views)

Nigeria’s Official Exchange Rate To Hit N1,068/$ By 2025 – EIU / Mobile Network Operators’ Assets In Nigeria Hit N1.95 Trillion / Pension Funds Hit N8.63 Trillion,7.4% Of GDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by vivypretty(f): 7:50am On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=KomonSense post=90683160]
1) What's the lowest amount someone can invest in mutual fund ?
100K, 200K or more .....?
2) please mention or tell us Mutual fund managers you know...
3) Do banks offer mutual fund services too[/quo te] me too, I Want to know
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by obeyamark1: 7:51am On Jun 15, 2020
akelicious:
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://leadership.ng/2020/06/15/nigerian-mutual-funds-hit-n1-26trn-in-5-months/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjP5eyNhoPqAhUNnxQKHUvuA_AQFjACegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1TzVOaRxwmPWSuM6IGWSMt

Are you writing the next Post-UTME?
*Do you want to study an ENGINEERING COURSE or a BASIC MEDICAL/CLINICAL SCIENCE?*

GIVEN THE GREAT ODDS THAT EXIST WITH GETTING ADMISSION INTO THESE COURSES, WHY TAKE CHANCES? ��.

Join us at The College HUB, Ibadan, today as we begin our post UTME preparations!

*With our closely monitored student-study guide, mentorship programme, special clinics in all subjects, mind drills, weekly student-directed mock tests, among other things, The College HUB, Ibadan is the true added advantage that you need.*

We bring you to the very best at an unbeatably affordable price. One contact with us is enough to change your story for good!

Come and learn with the MASTERS.

To register or to make other enquiries, contact Dr Mark on WhatsApp via /2348183855099 or call 08183855099

*AFFORDABLE ACCOMMODATION IS AVAILABLE FOR DISTANT STUDENTS*

You can also join our WhatsApp *brainstorming* group by clicking on the link below�
https:///KuLEsDhsDorAbBqvFjunUY
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Venerable612(m): 7:54am On Jun 15, 2020
KomonSense:

3) Do banks offer mutual fund services too

Hmmm. Okay, I am just a Finance Lawyer - and I have worked on Mutual Funds transactional documents prepared for Floating - but I don’t have personal experience/information on the most appropriate to invest in for an average citizen.

However, these articles by Cowrywise/nairametrics explains in detail your question above. Link below

https://cowrywise.com/blog/mutual-funds-in-nigeria/

https://nairametrics.com/2019/08/30/how-mutual-funds-work-in-nigeria-a-simple-guide/

The summary is that - the Prospectus of the Mutual Funds will state the minimum and maximum amount - typically N5000 upward.... but you would expect that a 100k investment should be fine for a person just testing the waters.

Yes many Banks have Investment arms operating MFs.

I also know of Chapel Hill Denham Management Funds - sometimes in real estate, dollar funds etc.

The dollar funds can be quite expensive and the minimum investment could be as high as $10,000.

So again, it depends on the terms in the Prospectus.
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Multiplier7(m): 8:00am On Jun 15, 2020
Venerable612:

Hi all,

There is no shame in not understanding. Let me help you guys understand.

Think of mutual funds as the three of you bringing your money together - and giving it to someone like Charles Soludo (Because the assumption is that Charles Soludo knows how to invest very well and Can make you guys a lot of money).

Charles Soludo, in this scenario, will be called the Fund Manager.

The funds that the three of you have contributed is called the Mutual Fund and Charles Soludo must make sure That he invests (In different Portfolios) according to the terms as agreed by all of you (investors) and this will depend on whether you want to invest in Shares, Government Bonds, Foreign dollar investment funds etc.

This is usually how rich people like Dangote, Otedola invest their money outside of doing business. But the average poor man in the street lacks all these financial information.

Now you know - the next tome you make your next 1 million - you may think about keeping your money with Mutual Funds and getting a return at the end of the year!

Please bro I need a confirmation, is Cowrywise and Afrinvest genuine brokers to invest your money on for mutual fund and treasury bills?
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Multiplier7(m): 8:08am On Jun 15, 2020
KomonSense:

Outrageous... I was even thinking of investing about a million naira. I saw 5% somewhere on nairametrics website yesterday...

But my bank was encouraging me to come and buy last week Wednesday. Maybe they're not sure

TB seems to be the safest place to invest money in this unstable covid 19-infested economy

You can invest as low as 100k upwards in Treasury Bills through your broker and I hope you have a CSCS account.

Meanwhile, which bank is that that told you that?
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Uyi168: 8:10am On Jun 15, 2020
Venerable612:

Hi all,

Think of mutual funds as the three of you bringing your money together - and giving it to someone like Charles Soludo (Because the assumption is that Charles Soludo knows how to invest very well and Can make you guys a lot of money).

The funds that the three of you have contributed is called the Mutual Fund and Charles Soludo must make sure That he invests (In different Portfolios) according to the terms as agreed by all of you (investors) and this will depend on whether you want to invest in Shares, Government Bonds, Foreign dollar investment funds etc.

This is usually how rich people like Dangote, Otedola invest their money outside of doing business. But the average poor man in the street lacks all these financial information.

Now you know - the next tome you make your next 1 million - you may think about keeping your money with Mutual Funds and getting a return at the end of the year!
Now I know...
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Multiplier7(m): 8:13am On Jun 15, 2020
bizhop01:

That is the reason mutual fund became hotcake, You can have fixed deposit with Access bank, UBA, FCMB, they had attractive interest rates.

Are you sure about this, from my findings, they said fixed deposit have crashed and that you can gain more through savings (not touching your money) than in fixed deposit.

Now at what percent did they say is their interest rate?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Venerable612(m): 8:24am On Jun 15, 2020
Multiplier7:

Please bro I need a confirmation, is Cowrywise and Afrinvest genuine brokers to invest your money on for mutual fund and treasury bills?

Hmmmm. That is tricky one.

I use Cowrywise, but I haven’t used their Mutual Funds product before.

In my experience, Cowrywise offered about 10% over my savings for 3 months - but it wasn’t so much about the interest for me - it was more about being able to lock my money so that I cant touch it, even if I really needed it. Principally, I would get my money back even if the interest was negligible. That was the catch for me.

So - in my opinion, you can use Cowrywise platform to invest on Afriinvest - if you can trust Cowrywise as a secure platform. I have not heard of any regret case from anyone - but I don’t know a lot of people who have used it either.

I guess it’s a risk you may have to take - but I will advise you start with an amount you can give away, not all your savings. But please consider the percentage on your return first. If they offer a great percentage - I think it’s worth a try.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by sathel(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2020
Venerable612:

Thank you for this information
I appreciate

Hi all,

Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:24am On Jun 15, 2020
Uyi168:
Which one be mutual funds again??
Provide help and get help... MMM format

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:26am On Jun 15, 2020
which one is mutual funds again....
well by the name.. you will know its some sort of MMM provide help and get Help... PH-GH.
waiting local man like me know...
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by od501: 9:37am On Jun 15, 2020
akelicious:
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://leadership.ng/2020/06/15/nigerian-mutual-funds-hit-n1-26trn-in-5-months/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjP5eyNhoPqAhUNnxQKHUvuA_AQFjACegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1TzVOaRxwmPWSuM6IGWSMt

People are still investing their money there cos they don't have a choice anymore. Where do you want invest before? That same mutual fund decreased from 11% to 6, now it is 5%. People are just putting their money there cos they see it as a safe heaven; no alternative!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by od501: 9:42am On Jun 15, 2020
Multiplier7:

Are you sure about this, from my findings, they said fixed deposit have crashed and that you can gain more through savings (not touching your money) than in fixed deposit.

Now at what percent did they say is their interest rate?

Don't mind that dude. FD is nothing to write home about currently, it even crashed before the virus, courtesy of government policy. No intangible investment is worth it anymore in Nigeria unless u go long terms.
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Naijaarchive(m): 9:48am On Jun 15, 2020
Uyi168:
Which one be mutual funds again??

@the picture.... That thing dey vex me.... Must I scream b4 my hallelujah is acceptable?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Multiplier7(m): 10:02am On Jun 15, 2020
od501:

Don't mind that dude. FD is nothing to write home about currently, it even crashed before the virus, courtesy of government policy. No intangible investment is worth it anymore in Nigeria unless u go long terms.

Am actually at the banks he mentioned to confirm his claims. You are right, FD is nothing to write home about for now.

I think people who are interested on investing their money like I do should go mutual fund and treasury bills
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Metrofox(m): 10:03am On Jun 15, 2020
lol... I'll be very brief here, two reasons this is happening
1. Where do you think those your finance apps are keeping your money.. eg cowrywise they get 15% and give you 5- 8%.. Not sure about the act figures they give.

2.the other reason is the number of people emigrating to North America, that's where they house the money they need to have in their accounts..
I hope I have been able to convince and not confuse you with this few points of mine
Ciao
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by daniddan1999: 10:05am On Jun 15, 2020
What is the minimum amount required to start a mutual fund
And how do i go about it pls any help?
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Multiplier7(m): 10:05am On Jun 15, 2020
Venerable612:

Hmmmm. That is tricky one.

I use Cowrywise, but I haven’t used their Mutual Funds product before.

In my experience, Cowrywise offered about 10% over my savings for 3 months - but it wasn’t so much about the interest for me - it was more about being able to lock my money so that I cant touch it, even if I really needed it. Principally, I would get my money back even if the interest was negligible. That was the catch for me.

So - in my opinion, you can use Cowrywise platform to invest on Afriinvest - if you can trust Cowrywise as a secure platform. I have not heard of any regret case from anyone - but I don’t know a lot of people who have used it either.

I guess it’s a risk you may have to take - but I will advise you start with an amount you can give away, not all your savings. But please consider the percentage on your return first. If they offer a great percentage - I think it’s worth a try.

OK...thanks so much...I really appreciate. I think afrinvest is nice cos they are the people that opened my CSCS account
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by anizy(f): 10:35am On Jun 15, 2020
daniddan1999:
What is the minimum amount required to start a mutual fund
And how do i go about it pls any help?

5k is d minimum amount
Check with first Bank or stanbic ibtc

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by fordunit(m): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2020
KomonSense:

3) Do banks offer mutual fund services too

Why will anyone even invest their money in mutual funds? Mutual funds is better suited for those who have a large amount of money to invest. At 10%, some who invests 100m will get return of 10m annually. Which is not bad. But a Man who is investing 200,000 will get returns of a miserable 20,000 per annum.

If you don't know what to do with your money, message me let me give you a few tips.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by daniddan1999: 11:56am On Jun 15, 2020
Thanks a lot
anizy:

5k is d minimum amount
Check with first Bank or stanbic ibtc
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Venerable612(m): 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
Multiplier7:

OK...thanks so much...I really appreciate. I think afrinvest is nice cos they are the people that opened my CSCS account

Oh Great!

You are welcome sir.
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by od501: 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
Multiplier7:

Am actually at the banks he mentioned to confirm his claims. You are right, FD is nothing to write home about for now.

I think people who are interested on investing their money like I do should go mutual fund and treasury bills

I don't know the current rate of TB though but i know it is also effected. But as for MF... Chai.. That one is heart breaking, it failed from 11% as of Nov last year to 6% during the virus. As I talk to u, that shit is at a depressing rate of 5%. No intangible investment is worth it anymore in Nigeria unless u go for long term investments like bonds, insurance packages, etc. But you ask yourself who is ready to put away such huge sum of money for that long?

So despite the disaster that is happening in TB and MF investments, they are still the best for micro investors which made up 65-80% of Nigerian investors.
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by od501: 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2020
Venerable612:

Oh Great!

You are welcome sir.

Afrinvest? How do they operate?
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Bobotic(m): 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
[Where are you from? Fake one]

Did you even read the post or you've just decided to be arrogantly ignorant. undecided[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Multiplier7(m): 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
od501:

I don't know the current rate of TB though but i know it is also effected. But as for MF... Chai.. That one is heart breaking, it failed from 11% as of Nov last year to 6% during the virus. As I talk to u, that shit is at a depressing rate of 5%. No intangible investment is worth it anymore in Nigeria unless u go for long term investments like bonds, insurance packages, etc. But you ask yourself who is ready to put away such huge sum of money for that long?

So despite the disaster that is happening in TB and MF investments, they are still the best for micro investors which made up 65-80% of Nigerian investors.

You too much!

I understand 100% of what you said. We will keep on keeping on.

Thanks so much
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by olujastro: 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
vivypretty:

3) Do banks offer mutual fund services too.
me too, I Want to know

Stanbic IBTC has a very active mutual fund investment.
Go to the bank and tell them you want to invest in their mutual funds. They'll open an account for you, transfer your money to your mutual fund account where you can track your daily interest payments.
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Multiplier7(m): 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
fordunit:

Why will anyone even invest their money in mutual funds? Mutual funds is better suited for those who have a large amount of money to invest. At 10%, some who invests 100m will get return of 10m annually. Which is not bad. But a Man who is investing 200,000 will get returns of a miserable 20,000 per annum.

If you don't know what to do with your money, message me let me give you a few tips.

I need those few tips bro...how do I reach you or perhaps can you drop those tips here pls

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by CrazeMan69(m): 4:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
LoydJ:

Waoh bro am speechless
Thanks a Bunch bro
Mey your days be Long bro

Although i never recieve the alert,but will quote you as soon as I receive the alert

It's the dawn of a new week,as u've decided to show me small love May God Grace nd Favoured never depart from your life,

Thanks once again,am indeed Grateful.

Go and sit-down grin
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by KomonSense: 7:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
Multiplier7:

You can invest as low as 100k upwards in Treasury Bills through your broker and I hope you have a CSCS account.

Meanwhile, which bank is that that told you that?

Sterling bank
Re: Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months by Multiplier7(m): 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
KomonSense:

Sterling bank

That's weird...I think you should reconfirm to be sure of what you heard.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Averts Closure Of 200 Manufacturing Firms Through Forex Access / CBN Grants Flutterwave Switching And Processing Licence / Naira Sinks To N375 Per Dollar - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.