Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes (689 Views)

Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes / GIS And Statistical Analysis For WASH Programmes Course / GIS And Statistical Analysis For WASH Programmes Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes by FINERESULTS(m): 9:28am On Jun 15, 2020
FineResults Research Services invites you to training on:

Topics: Monitoring and Evaluation of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Programmes

Date: 07th to 11th September 2020

Cost: USD 800 or Ksh 65000

Contacts: +254 759 285 295, training@fineresultsresearch.org

Venue : FineResults Research, Nairobi, Kenya Training Centre.

INTRODUCTION
The aim of the evaluation is to generate substantial knowledge and learning on the results of a project or a programme. A good evaluation methodology is key for success of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programmes. Since its modest beginnings, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector has become increasingly complex and multi-faceted. Monitoring and Evaluation tools and techniques plays a key role in ensuring WASH projects are designed, implemented as planned. This course will equip the participants with adequate skills to develop and manage robust M&E systems for effective management of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects and programmes. Learners will be introduced to M&E frameworks, indicators as well as tools and techniques.

DURATION
5 Days

COURSE OBJECTIVES
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Understand monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Programmes.
• Design Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects using logical framework analysis approach
• Define different Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) indicators
• Track performance indicators over the life of the project
• Evaluate Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programmes against objectives and targets
• Understand the gender role in M&E of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)programmes
• Conduct impact evaluations of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programmes

COURSE OUTLINE
Module 1
Introduction to M&E
• Definition of Monitoring and Evaluation
• Why Monitoring and Evaluation is important
• Key principles and concepts in M&E
• M&E in project lifecycle
• Complementary roles of Monitoring and Evaluation

Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Policy issues
• Sustainable development
• Economic contribution of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects/programmes.
• Link between Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programmes and county’s development

Module 2
M&E Frameworks in Agriculture and Rural Development
• WASH Conceptual Frameworks
• WASH Results Frameworks
• Logical Framework Analysis (LFA)
• LogFrame - Design of WASH projects using LogFrame

Agriculture and Rural Development Indicators
• Indicator metrics
• Linking indicators to results
• Indicator Matrix
• WASH indicator performance tracking
• Sector-wide indicators for WASH programmes.
• Specific indicators for Sub-sectors of WASH
• Indicators for Thematic Areas related to WASH

M&E System and M&E Planning in WASH
• Importance of an M&E Plan
• Documenting M&E System in the M&E Plan
• Components of an M&E Plan-Monitoring, Evaluation, Data management, Reporting
• Using M&E Plan to implement M&E in a Project

Module 3
Data Management for M&E in WASH
• Sources of Data: Information systems, surveys, participatory poverty assessments, financial management tools
• Use of different Surveys in data collection for WASH
• Participatory methods of data collection for WASH
• Data analysis for WASH

Gender integration in M&E for Agriculture and Rural Development
• Gender integration during project activities design
• Gender indicators in WASH
• Cross cutting gender issues in WASH
• Measure of gender outcomes

Module 4
Performance Evaluation of Agricultural and Rural Development programs
• Determining evaluation points from results framework
• Components of evaluations: implementation and process evaluations.
• Evaluation designs- experimental, quasi-experimental and non-experimental
• Performance evaluation process
• Evaluation questions
• Evaluation findings sharing and dissemination

Impact Evaluations for Agriculture and Rural Development
• Introduction to impact evaluation
• Attribution in impact evaluation
• Estimation of counterfactual
• Impact evaluation methods: Double difference, Propensity score matching

Module 5
M&E Results Use and Dissemination
• Use of M&E results to improve and strengthen WASH projects
• Use of M&E Lessons learnt and Best Practices
• Organization knowledge champions
• M&E reporting

NB: We are offering you a half day, fun and interactive team building event!
Be part of the Training
• Click HERE for the individual registration.

Engage with us on

Visit our face book page

Visit our linkedin page

Visit our twitter account
Re: Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes by Humorme2(f): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2020
Re: Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes by Trippleblessing(f): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2020
Humorme2:
@Trippleblessing Good afternoon ma. I have some baby clothes to give out. But unfortunately I'm not in illorin. Is there a way I can get it to you?

yes ma, I am in Lagos as well.
we planned on getting everything we can then waybill to her.
i have two nairalanders in Ilorin that would also confirm all donations.

you can reach me on 08022286468 for calls and WhatsApp.

God bless ma
Re: Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes by Humorme2(f): 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2020
Re: Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes by Trippleblessing(f): 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2020
Humorme2:

Good evening ma. I think it will be better if I donated the little money I have than giving old clothes out. I'll send the money tomorrow through an ATM. I'll also text you on WhatsApp to confirm when I send it. Thank you ma

ok ma

1 Like

Re: Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes by Trippleblessing(f): 11:47am On Oct 20, 2020
Humorme2:

Good evening ma. I think it will be better if I donated the little money I have than giving old clothes out. I'll send the money tomorrow through an ATM. I'll also text you on WhatsApp to confirm when I send it. Thank you ma

hello ma'am, I got two alert from same location with no name.
1000 each. Is that from you
Re: Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes by Humorme2(f): 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
Re: Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes by Trippleblessing(f): 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
Humorme2:

I forgot to text you on WhatsApp yesterday, so sorry.

Lol. I am not 'ma' ma. Yes I sent 2k yesterday at different times. That's the little I have. I wish the woman a safe delivery in Jesus name. Amen.

thanks so mucj
Re: Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes by Humorme2(f): 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
Re: Monitoring And Evaluation Of Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) Programmes by Humorme2(f): 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2020

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wedding Packages for 2022 / Christmas Flowers ! / Fraud Alert: Bellview Airlines Selling Tickets: Fraud Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.